Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > WTCC & European Touring Car Series

Old 22 Apr 2021, 16:01 (Ref:4047329)   #3166
WestHam92
Rookie

European Union
WestHam92 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Like any test session, there's only so much you can learn. For all we know, Goff could have had two laps of fuel in the car! We'll get a better idea of where things are in Thruxton qualifying.
Old 22 Apr 2021, 16:40 (Ref:4047339)   #3167
Cinghio44
Veteran

Italy
Abruzzo
Cinghio44 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wow Flash got the new track record by over 2 tenths. That Honda is pretty fast on Silverstone

Goff very impressive with the new car, encouraging time also by Ingram. Silverstone (Nat) probably is not the most technical track so it remais to be seen how they go in other places. But these reference could be good for Thruxton I think. Anyway a lot of drivers didn't push to the limit
Old 22 Apr 2021, 18:43 (Ref:4047369)   #3168
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
All looking promising to me. I placed a wager on Flash to be champion a few weeks ago... I am not regretting that (so far!!!)
Old 23 Apr 2021, 08:04 (Ref:4047445)   #3169
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Vilnius
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinghio44 View Post
Wow Flash got the new track record by over 2 tenths. That Honda is pretty fast on Silverstone

Goff very impressive with the new car, encouraging time also by Ingram. Silverstone (Nat) probably is not the most technical track so it remais to be seen how they go in other places. But these reference could be good for Thruxton I think. Anyway a lot of drivers didn't push to the limit
Was everyone on the same tyre?
Old 23 Apr 2021, 08:28 (Ref:4047447)   #3170
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
All looking promising to me. I placed a wager on Flash to be champion a few weeks ago... I am not regretting that (so far!!!)
That's a bold prediction! Although not completely surreal but I'd go for Turks I think
Old 23 Apr 2021, 10:05 (Ref:4047466)   #3171
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!
Glad to see Flash back up to speed immediately. Impressive times from Goff, hopefully it's not a false dawn for HARD.

Interesting to see Motorbase/MB becoming constructors. Certainly it's nice to know after all the hard work they've put in
Old 23 Apr 2021, 10:58 (Ref:4047492)   #3172
mj088
Racer

mj088 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
With Rich Energy too...!
Of course... PMR have signed up to be subject of a documentary series, a certain Mr Storey will love to reprise his role from the Netflix F1 series
Old 23 Apr 2021, 11:24 (Ref:4047494)   #3173
WestHam92
Rookie

European Union
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt K View Post
That's a bold prediction! Although not completely surreal but I'd go for Turks I think
A three way title fight between Turkington, Sutton and Shedden would be delicious
Old 23 Apr 2021, 12:00 (Ref:4047505)   #3174
Mike Harte
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte has a real shot at the championship!Mike Harte has a real shot at the championship!Mike Harte has a real shot at the championship!Mike Harte has a real shot at the championship!Mike Harte has a real shot at the championship!Mike Harte has a real shot at the championship!
Does anyone know whether there was any filming of the action yesterday at Donington and if it's still available online? I did search yesterday, but couldn't find anything.
Old 23 Apr 2021, 12:07 (Ref:4047506)   #3175
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
Does anyone know whether there was any filming of the action yesterday at Donington and if it's still available online? I did search yesterday, but couldn't find anything.

Don’t you mean Silverstone?
Old 23 Apr 2021, 12:10 (Ref:4047510)   #3176
crmalcolm
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
I'm guessing you mean Silverstone?

There might be something on the Youtube channel? http://www.youtube.com/user/btccdotnet
Old 23 Apr 2021, 12:19 (Ref:4047511)   #3177
Matt K
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestHam92 View Post
A three way title fight between Turkington, Sutton and Shedden would be delicious
Oh yes, would be! And I think it's very well possible that it'll be this way. Butcher may be there or thereabouts but honestly I doubt anyone will be able to really contest for the title with the trio over the whole season.
Old 23 Apr 2021, 13:13 (Ref:4047516)   #3178
crmalcolm
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
On another query - does this confirm TD as challenging for the independents' title in 2021?
Quote:
Originally Posted by thetool View Post
Not at all. They had been made ineligible several seasons before Honda came onboard.
To bring back up a question that I may have missed being answered previously (and if so, apologies) - what has changed that now means TD are eligible for Independents' if they were made ineligible previously?
Old 23 Apr 2021, 14:14 (Ref:4047531)   #3179
Matt K
Veteran

Why would they be ineligible? They're not backed by a manufacturer so I thought it automatically means a team is 'independent' and classified as one?

Btw when most of the grid is independent, like it's been for many years now, I think running an independent classification is pointless. It only makes for countless tables and championships which mean nothing really. JST in a current form is also a bit useless. I'd say what would be best is just Drivers Championship, Teams Championship and Manufacturers Championship but for all cars driving for a manufacturer. So if there are 6 Hondas for instance, all can score points for Honda if Honda is a 'manufacturer' in the BTCC. Top two scorers for a brand would count for instance. And Jack Sears Trophy should be again a contest between rookies (or 'almost' rookies - guys who so far completed only few races).
Old 23 Apr 2021, 15:58 (Ref:4047554)   #3180
WestHam92
Rookie

European Union
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt K View Post
Why would they be ineligible? They're not backed by a manufacturer so I thought it automatically means a team is 'independent' and classified as one?

Btw when most of the grid is independent, like it's been for many years now, I think running an independent classification is pointless. It only makes for countless tables and championships which mean nothing really. JST in a current form is also a bit useless. I'd say what would be best is just Drivers Championship, Teams Championship and Manufacturers Championship but for all cars driving for a manufacturer. So if there are 6 Hondas for instance, all can score points for Honda if Honda is a 'manufacturer' in the BTCC. Top two scorers for a brand would count for instance. And Jack Sears Trophy should be again a contest between rookies (or 'almost' rookies - guys who so far completed only few races).
Do many people watching the BTCC really care about the Teams Championship? The points never seem to tally with the Driver's Championship anyway. Turkington and Oliphant scored a combined 564 points last season but BMW only had 550. Anyone know why that is and how the Teams standings are calculated?