Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 5 Jan 2007, 17:10 (Ref:1807657)   #26
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham Goodwin
That's sort of correct - as I understand it it's actually the other way around - One of Lafitte's long time backers is major Morgan fan Eric Studza - The Barings boss who commissioned the original Morgan Aeromax

if i'm not mistaking it's Eric Sturdza . he's actually a Prince .. royal descent from Romania actually
Motorsport was a common practice in early 1900s for royal families around here . like most places .

Ciao Marco
Old 5 Jan 2007, 17:50 (Ref:1807670)   #27
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
So that's the same engine that's in the Ascari is it?
Old 5 Jan 2007, 18:01 (Ref:1807678)   #28
Marcel ten Caat
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Marcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMarcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNewBob
Hmmm... off-topic but vaguely amusing for all of 5 minutes - following that link, wonder where that picture was taken? The livery is British GT from '02 (it has the GTO class badge), but that's a rather big-looking orange grandstand in the background...?
You are not serious right?

How about Le Mans during the test days?
Old 6 Jan 2007, 07:57 (Ref:1807977)   #29
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger
You are not serious right?

How about Le Mans during the test days?
My excuse is that I was hungover!
Old 8 Jan 2007, 12:20 (Ref:1809526)   #30
Leoparky
Rookie

United Kingdom
Rugby
Leoparky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No it iS not the same engine as the Ascari, that runs the previous series M5 power plant (V8 not V10) blue printed by them to get 500bhp. The Aero 8 engine is a stock BMW engine (BMW do not allow anyone to use M power plants apart from Wiessman who run the M3 engine). BMW engineers were part and parcel part of the development programme at Morgan which is why the car can be sold world wide (getting through noise and emmission regs). As a brief aside I heard that Damax (The Ascari Team) had been to Malvern looking at racing in GT3. Perhaps they are reading between the lines as Mosler have not been admitted into GT3.
Old 12 Jan 2007, 18:25 (Ref:1813496)   #31
Coniston
Rookie

United Kingdom
Birmingham
Coniston should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maybe the Ascari's will be asked to make room for Jaguar's and Morgans as they comply less with the volume rules than other competitors? Say's something if the Damax Ascari team are looking into Morgans! Who else is running Ascari's in FIA GT3 this year? I remember they had a four page advert in Autosport late last year - I assume that was part of a sales drive.
Old 15 Jan 2007, 10:30 (Ref:1815598)   #32
Leoparky
Rookie

United Kingdom
Rugby
No one else is running Ascari's....they are right at the top of the GT3 pricing which no doubt puts alot of teams off. I am lead to believe that there was a special dispensation in the first year to run only 3 cars however in year 2, the manufacturers had to field 6 cars. Not sure where this leaves them......
Old 15 Jan 2007, 11:20 (Ref:1815627)   #33
archibold
Racer

United Kingdom
London
archibold should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Interesting to see what happens I know that Ascari have got quite a few people lined up and the price for arrive and drive is attractive considering the likely performance of these cars across a range of circuits.

Though like Leoparly says it will be interesting to see what happens if the grid is full and there are not 6 Ascaris there...

Archibold
Old 15 Jan 2007, 12:57 (Ref:1815687)   #34
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoparky
No one else is running Ascari's....they are right at the top of the GT3 pricing which no doubt puts alot of teams off. I am lead to believe that there was a special dispensation in the first year to run only 3 cars however in year 2, the manufacturers had to field 6 cars. Not sure where this leaves them......
The three new cars are in build now - They intend to run the required 6 cars in FIA GT3
Old 16 Jan 2007, 20:18 (Ref:1816911)   #35
Coniston
Rookie

United Kingdom
Birmingham
Graham - Do you know anything of who is driving and what team is running them? Hope they (whoever they are) will also do British GT's too - that would make a pretty good Brit GT line up!
Old 16 Jan 2007, 20:40 (Ref:1816931)   #36
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
I know a couple of possible drivers - nothing finalised yet and I'm fairly certain who will be running the cars - I do believe we'll see some out in BGT in addition to the Jones and Damax cars
Old 16 Jan 2007, 20:45 (Ref:1816933)   #37
Coniston
Rookie

United Kingdom
Birmingham
Excellent - it will be good to see them out. Interested to see who runs them though I guess as the results were good last year in Brit GT's there should be no end of teams wanting to run them. Pricey though! Can Ascari run them themselves in Brit or FIA GT3?
Old 17 Jan 2007, 06:48 (Ref:1817184)   #38
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I would really like to see the Morgan back in Sports Car racing. It just has those classic golden era(s) looks.

L.P.
Old 17 Jan 2007, 10:35 (Ref:1817333)   #39
Leoparky
Rookie

United Kingdom
Rugby
The three cars are being built at Ascari, but they certainly have not been bought by anyone, Damax have not taken up the option......And correct me if I am wrong but the manufacturer cannot run them (i.e Klaas Zwart running the cars under a different name)
Old 17 Jan 2007, 21:11 (Ref:1817906)   #40
Coniston
Rookie

United Kingdom
Birmingham
Maybe the FIA have let them off this aspect too!
Old 31 Jan 2007, 20:33 (Ref:1830556)   #41
manx tt
Rookie

United Kingdom
leeds
manx tt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
any news on the aero 8 gt3 car
Old 31 Jan 2007, 23:39 (Ref:1830698)   #42
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
What, other than the fact that there will be three entered in FIA GT3?
Old 19 May 2007, 12:32 (Ref:1916682)   #43
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
these cars are making there debut now in bucharest, just heard one on the tv and they sound and look beautiful.
Old 19 May 2007, 12:41 (Ref:1916690)   #44
minimangler
Veteran

Wales
Leftfield, somewhere.
minimangler should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
They looked and sounded very nice on their demo laps at Silverstone.

Sadly, number 50 dies on the first lap... After 49 started from the pits!

Some work to do yet, I suspect.
Old 19 May 2007, 15:00 (Ref:1916752)   #45
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
look good .. sound good .. Ascari like .. it has a bit of pace .. but died too often .. fire yesterday

Ciao Marco
Old 19 May 2007, 19:50 (Ref:1916846)   #46
MikeH
Racer

Scotland
Perth
MikeH should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looked and sounded very unique at Silverstone on it's demo laps. Seemed to be very popular indeed with the kids in the paddock!
#68 - 2009 SMRC Scottish Legends Championship.
Old 19 May 2007, 20:36 (Ref:1916863)   #47
Ranald
Racer

England
Oxford
Ranald should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani Filth
look good .. sound good .. Ascari like .. it has a bit of pace .. but died too often .. fire yesterday
Well both cars run BMW V8s. I wouldn't be at all suprised if they run the same engine.