Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 20 Apr 2007, 07:17 (Ref:1896008)   #1
Asa
Veteran

Hong Kong
Disneyland
Asa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
FIA GT to Australia?

Does the Bunbury circuit actually exist or is this an old website?

http://www.bunburyic.com.au/
Old 20 Apr 2007, 14:00 (Ref:1896317)   #2
cptkablamo
Veteran

Australia
cptkablamo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcptkablamo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The track in no way exists right now. But that did not stop them from going and saying in promotional material that they had CAMS and FIA approval to run events sanctioned by those two bodies. At no time have the (I think) applied for those licences and (I know) ever had them approved...so its a no right now to that...

...but there is that $650 Million complex that they are touting at the Gold Coast that could host, but still that would be a hard one to see happen...

...then there were rumours a few years back that FIA GT would come to Phillip Island but never happened...shame

I would love to see some great GT/sportscar racing come to Australia...
Old 9 May 2007, 01:34 (Ref:1909536)   #3
Bullett
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Bullett should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Stephan Ratel (sorry if spelling is off) did say he wanted to bring an event to Australia a year or so ago but I think he wanted it to come but no one knew he wanted it to or he was looking for big money heading his way for it. He was saying Bathurst and Phillip Island were likely but nothing came of it all. Bunbury supposedly has racing late this year they claimed but as the circuit isn't built yet....Some wishfull thinking I believe and if FIA GT were going there then surely Europeans would know about it all!? They claimed they had FIA track licencing but the FIA and their Australian representative CAMS hadn't even heard they were going to build an FIA circuit.

I think this quote sums it up "The plan is for the Circuit to host two international-standard motor sport events in 2005, with an increase to four major events per year over the next two or three years." And we are in 2007!

FIA GT would be on hell of a sight though!
Old 9 May 2007, 08:33 (Ref:1909683)   #4
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
maybe if they went to asia they could drop by australia around the same time - would be great to see down under
Old 9 May 2007, 17:59 (Ref:1910035)   #5
Bob Riebe
Veteran

Bob Riebe User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
The Bathhurst 250 sounds nice.