Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 28 May 2013, 11:59 (Ref:3254471)   #1351
Japanese Samurai
Veteran

Japan
Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsNigel View Post
This picture posted on Dome's website is not great but appear to contain interesting information regarding the dimensions and engine location of the S102.5 (in yellow colour) compared to the Audi R18 (in red colour) and Toyota TS030 Hybrid (in blue colour):
*The rear bulkhead of Dome S102.5 is shorter than other LMPs (300 mm).
*The engine of S102.5 is located in front side.
*The nose/monocoque of Dome S102.5 are narrower than other LMPs.
Old 28 May 2013, 13:45 (Ref:3254507)   #1352
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
Some comments from Mike on the pictures of the S103 that were released today: http://www.mulsannescorner.com/newsmay13.html
Old 28 May 2013, 14:22 (Ref:3254524)   #1353
silente
Racer

silente should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
looking to these pictures, i wonder where they want to put the front headlights...

There is a cusp in the front fenders. And to put them on top of them could not be the best solution to have a god visibility in night conditions.

Also, when steering wouldn't the front wheels be exposed to air flow?

Interesting to note that front nose is somehow similar to the Perrin one.
Old 28 May 2013, 14:37 (Ref:3254527)   #1354
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by silente View Post
looking to these pictures, i wonder where they want to put the front headlights...

There is a cusp in the front fenders. And to put them on top of them could not be the best solution to have a god visibility in night conditions.

Also, when steering wouldn't the front wheels be exposed to air flow?

Interesting to note that front nose is somehow similar to the Perrin one.
If you look hard enough, then you'll see them easily in the render they made

Of course, the render isn't completely like the windtunnel model, but it does give a good indication of where they will put them
Old 28 May 2013, 14:48 (Ref:3254530)   #1355
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
I like the look of the car, nice roundings!
Old 28 May 2013, 15:46 (Ref:3254556)   #1356
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Personally, I think that car is beautiful.
Old 28 May 2013, 16:06 (Ref:3254571)   #1357
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
You're not alone in that view! Doesn't need any sponsor decals or colourschemes at all to hide ugly areas. I fear adding anything at all will just uglify it.
Old 28 May 2013, 16:31 (Ref:3254587)   #1358
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Every potential customer P1 chassis is beautiful - but especially a Dome.
Old 28 May 2013, 17:27 (Ref:3254622)   #1359
Canada ALMS fan
Veteran

Canada
Calgary, Canada
Canada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
I agree, stunning.
Old 29 May 2013, 06:07 (Ref:3254824)   #1360
silente
Racer

silente should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
the model shown in the wind tunnel looks pretty different...
Old 29 May 2013, 07:47 (Ref:3254860)   #1361
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
I do hope something comes out of this but experience tells me that I should not expect to much
Old 29 May 2013, 17:10 (Ref:3255070)   #1362
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
Mechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
+1
SPEED has an article on it and the Perrinn:
http://auto-racing.speedtv.com/artic...cars-unveiled/
Old 29 May 2013, 18:34 (Ref:3255105)   #1363
Mr Pink
Veteran

Sweden
Sweden
Mr Pink should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
I do hope something comes out of this but experience tells me that I should not expect to much
Well Dome has pulled through before.
Also, they have resources to run the car themselves to showcase it right? That sets them apart a bit from the likes of Perinn.
Old 29 May 2013, 19:07 (Ref:3255118)   #1364
gustavobamba
Veteran

Portugal
Viana do Castelo
gustavobamba should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgustavobamba should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Pink View Post
Well Dome has pulled through before.
Also, they have resources to run the car themselves to showcase it right? That sets them apart a bit from the likes of Perinn.
Yes indeed, they have done it before so i think this car will sse the "tarmac" of Le Mans next year.

But, what engine?????
Old 29 May 2013, 19:10 (Ref:3255120)   #1365
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Judd
Old 29 May 2013, 19:10 (Ref:3255121)   #1366
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
Judd
GV4 please.
Old 31 May 2013, 11:50 (Ref:3255949)   #1367
Japanese Samurai
Veteran

Japan
Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!
Silly question.
What purpose is the handgrip on the roof?
http://www.dome.co.jp/news/news/upimg/s103_l.jpg
Old 31 May 2013, 12:40 (Ref:3255971)   #1368
MulsanneMike
Veteran

United States
MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Japanese Samurai View Post
Silly question.
What purpose is the handgrip on the roof?
http://www.dome.co.jp/news/news/upimg/s103_l.jpg
Yeah, wondered that myself.
Old 31 May 2013, 12:43 (Ref:3255973)   #1369
Japanese Samurai
Veteran

Japan
Is it a "silly handgrip" for avoiding height regulation of rear rollover structure?
Old 31 May 2013, 12:51 (Ref:3255977)   #1370
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Looks like it's on the doors... some kind of quick-release in the event of accidents allowing to remove the door instead of opening?
Old 31 May 2013, 13:38 (Ref:3255992)   #1371
polishboy808
Rookie

polishboy808 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The handgrip is probably only on the model, there to push it in and out of the windtunnel easier. I can't imagine it'll be there on the final car.
Old 31 May 2013, 14:08 (Ref:3256004)   #1372
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Japanese Samurai View Post
Is it a "silly handgrip" for avoiding height regulation of rear rollover structure?
Not sure if you are joking or not, but could that actually be true? I can't believe it is a handle for moving the aero model. There are plenty of other things to grip.

Edit: After looking, it does seem to be on the door.

Richard
Old 31 May 2013, 14:22 (Ref:3256010)   #1373
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!
Perhaps the door was inspired by saucepan design
Old 31 May 2013, 20:04 (Ref:3256138)   #1374
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by polishboy808 View Post
The handgrip is probably only on the model, there to push it in and out of the windtunnel easier. I can't imagine it'll be there on the final car.
That was my thought. Probably just on the model to move it. Unless its on the right side of the model too then maybe it acts as a wing or aero device (if legal) but its not on the cfd picture so probably a hand grip.
Old 31 May 2013, 20:23 (Ref:3256142)   #1375
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Has anyone seen a hand-grip like that on any other wind tunnel test models? Given how they have gone to the trouble of taping up the seams, how can you justify having something that large remain on the car during testing? I don't think it is a grip, or if it is, it is not meant to remain on the car during testing.

The more I look at that photo, the more I wonder if it is just something laying on top of the car. For example, if you look you can see that a section of the center fin is missing over the door in that same area and that also includes part of the air scoop (the bodywork behind the scoop just abruptly ends.)

Richard