Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 19 Mar 2021, 15:31 (Ref:4041525)   #2776
mprmke
Racer

mprmke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peebee2 View Post
My, is it April 1st already? Certainly for the first three comparisons.
Why is it?

Shedden is on a different planet to Cammish. A 3 time Champion, probably would have been a 4 time champion by now if he hadn't had to leave the series. One of the true BTCC greats of modern times.

How many races has Plato won? A LOT more than anyone else. Greatest of all time?

Rowbottom is the real deal, wait and see...
Old 19 Mar 2021, 16:17 (Ref:4041533)   #2777
houston
Rookie

houston should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mprmke View Post
Why is it?

Shedden is on a different planet to Cammish. A 3 time Champion, probably would have been a 4 time champion by now if he hadn't had to leave the series. One of the true BTCC greats of modern times.

How many races has Plato won? A LOT more than anyone else. Greatest of all time?

Couldn't agree more on all points.
Old 19 Mar 2021, 18:07 (Ref:4041556)   #2778
Rowbo01
Rookie

Rowbo01 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Why is it?

Greatly appreciated. I will put every effort in to support your claim
Old 19 Mar 2021, 18:23 (Ref:4041560)   #2779
BTCC frog
Veteran

BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Shedden is far better than Cammish, Plato is far better than Neal, Rowbottom is far better than Rivett and Lloyd is far better than Proctor. Really not sure about the bottom pairing, but happy to accept equality there.
I disagree with this. Shedden is probably slightly better than Cammish, but he is definitely not far better. Yes, Plato is now a lot better than Neal (although this has not always been the case), but in terms of Plato in a Vauxhall against Neal in a Honda, I think it would be very equal. As for Rowbo vs Rivett, Rivett has won four Clio championships, so I would say a similar level, but Rowbo in a Honda is indeed far better than Rivett in an Audi. Lloyd definitely is not far better than Proctor. He was, in my opinion, that little bit behind Smiley in 2018, and Proctor beat Smiley convincingly last year, and I would rate the Vauxhall and the Hyundai similarly. I have now argued against 2020 being much better than 2021, and against 2021 being much better than 2020 I think the level of the grid is very similar to last year.
Old 19 Mar 2021, 18:56 (Ref:4041570)   #2780
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
We will just have to wait and see.
Old 19 Mar 2021, 19:19 (Ref:4041578)   #2781
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
I see the AJ/WSR thing rumbles on - AJ tweeting about making the last payment and the BTCC saga is over. Earlier he was tweeting about looking forward to seeing his logo on the car...

Andrew Jordan
@AndrewJordan77
·
50m
Time for a satisfying beer Clinking beer mugs. Final payment made and the BTCC saga is done !! Look forward to the other side keeping to their side of the deal now....... Winking face with tongueFace throwing a kissOk handBeer mug. Happy weekend everyone. This time in 2 weeks I will be in our first race of the year in the Daytona Cobra Winking face with tongueTrophy
Andrew Jordan
@AndrewJordan77
·
Mar 17
Looking good guys, well done. Can’t wait to have my logo on the front wings of
@ColinTurkington
car Thumbs upOk handTrophy
Quote Tweet
Old 19 Mar 2021, 19:20 (Ref:4041579)   #2782
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
I see the AJ/WSR thing rumbles on - AJ tweeting about making the last payment and the BTCC saga is over. Earlier he was tweeting about looking forward to seeing his logo on the car...

Andrew Jordan
@AndrewJordan77
·
50m
Time for a satisfying beer Clinking beer mugs. Final payment made and the BTCC saga is done !! Look forward to the other side keeping to their side of the deal now....... Winking face with tongueFace throwing a kissOk handBeer mug. Happy weekend everyone. This time in 2 weeks I will be in our first race of the year in the Daytona Cobra Winking face with tongueTrophy
Andrew Jordan
@AndrewJordan77
·
Mar 17
@ColinTurkington
Quote Tweet
Old 19 Mar 2021, 19:24 (Ref:4041581)   #2783
Robshillito1990
Racer

Robshillito1990 is a back marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moneyseeker View Post

Andrew Jordan
@AndrewJordan77
·
50m
Andrew Jordan
@AndrewJordan77
·
Mar 17
@ColinTurkington
Quote Tweet
The one about seeing his logo on the car was sarcastic. Probably to do with the fact the amount of money he's been forced to pay would be enough to get a logo on the car from a sponsor.
Old 19 Mar 2021, 19:32 (Ref:4041583)   #2784
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robshillito1990 View Post
The one about seeing his logo on the car was sarcastic. Probably to do with the fact the amount of money he's been forced to pay would be enough to get a logo on the car from a sponsor.
Forced to pay? LOL!
Old 19 Mar 2021, 19:35 (Ref:4041584)   #2785
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Probably to do with the fact the amount of money he's been forced to pay
I assume 'been forced to pay' can also be read as 'having to pay to fulfil the contract he entered into'?

I'm pretty certain that there has to be a legal basis for someone to be compelled to part with money, and if that is the case - why continue to try and score points out of the back of making a deal you didn't want to see through?

It's interesting to see the approach some other drivers formerly on the BTCC grid have taken when they have ended up without a drive......
Old 19 Mar 2021, 19:40 (Ref:4041586)   #2786
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
how can he be in debt when he didn't even race for them last year ?
Old 19 Mar 2021, 19:42 (Ref:4041587)   #2787
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
A 'version' of the story can be found here.

'Jordan and his father, Mike, faced heavy legal action for not being able to take up the WSR drive and they ended up making a significant payment to finally close the door.'

The phrase 'Don't let the door hit you on the way out' springs to mind.
Old 19 Mar 2021, 19:46 (Ref:4041588)   #2788
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
how can he be in debt when he didn't even race for them last year ?
Sign a deal to drive a car that requires you to provide funds, and then don't drive that car - means you still have to pay (some of) those funds.
Old 19 Mar 2021, 19:56 (Ref:4041590)   #2789
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Don’t agree a deal and sign a contract and then change your mind.
Old 19 Mar 2021, 20:10 (Ref:4041591)   #2790
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Of course it was unfortunate for AJ the pandemic hit and he found it harder to find extra funds, but there’s no doubt he could have handled the situation better. The least he could do was not mouth off his former employer on Twitter. The saga may be over, but he hasn’t covered himself in glory and his reputation has gone down, which is sad, because he should be remembered for a great BTCC career and instead he’s made people forget what a great talent he is for his unnecessary outbursts
Old 20 Mar 2021, 09:43 (Ref:4041643)   #2791
AnnoyedMoose
Racer

AnnoyedMoose should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAnnoyedMoose should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
It's not really as simple as changing your mind though is it? There are many people in all walks of like who entered into agreements in good faith in 2019 only for the carpet to be pulled out from under them.
Old 20 Mar 2021, 11:15 (Ref:4041655)   #2792
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnoyedMoose View Post
It's not really as simple as changing your mind though is it? There are many people in all walks of like who entered into agreements in good faith in 2019 only for the carpet to be pulled out from under them.
It might not be as simple as changing your mind - it may probably be fairer to describe it as circumstances have changed, and you now no longer feel able to continue. Having reached that though - why keep trying to fire pot-shots at the other party in the agreement?

At the moment, Jordan is getting into Storey territory in terms of appearing to not be able to move on and put the past behind him. The latest Autocar article - is it a marketing exercise for the business, or a snipe at WSR?
Old 20 Mar 2021, 11:39 (Ref:4041665)   #2793
medius
Veteran

England
Media Office hiding from the rain
medius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmedius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
is it a marketing exercise for the business, or a snipe at WSR?
Slow news week at Autocar. Some people are always good for a quote though. However it's the first mention of legal action between WSR vs Jordans.

Not sure why the split happened but money is the obvious reason. The lack of hospitality last year probably meant drivers had to bring more funding to make up the budget shortfall from VVIP guests at £150/250 a ticket for posh lunch - both BMW UK and the Jordans couldn't find it so the contract had to break. I guess the TBL requirement had to be met too with a payment (penalty?) to TOCA and the legal stuff was over who had to cough up.

All supposition, don't sue me too.
Old 20 Mar 2021, 11:59 (Ref:4041675)   #2794
EastonNeston
Veteran

EastonNeston should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A lot of the costs for the season are spent early in the year, WSR having a contract in place to run a car for Jordan would have spent money, purchased parts and commited resources in preparing the car and planning ro run that car for the season, including staffing costs and the production and purchae of parts.
Therefore WSR were perfectly entitled to reover those costs when Jordan decided he was withdrawing from the contract.
I've no doubt that the matter could have been resolved amicably, and in private, if both parties had wanted, hower making derogatory and inflamatory comments in public does tend to harden attitudes.
Old 20 Mar 2021, 13:02 (Ref:4041685)   #2795
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
the words “attitude test” and “failed” spring to mind over the whole situation :/
Old 20 Mar 2021, 13:16 (Ref:4041687)   #2796
EastonNeston
Veteran

EastonNeston should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Exactly!
Old 20 Mar 2021, 14:30 (Ref:4041713)   #2797
Robshillito1990
Racer

Robshillito1990 is a back marker
Quote:
What do you work for wsr or something? Getting very defensive. The way last year was and they expected drivers to go out find even more money is laughable. The world didn't know what was gonna happen. Sponsors wouldn't have wanted to commit so if I driver decides to step back then they shouldn't be punished for it.
Old 20 Mar 2021, 14:36 (Ref:4041716)   #2798
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastonNeston View Post
making derogatory and inflamatory comments in public does tend to harden attitudes.
Quote:
What do you work for scummy wsr or something?
Old 20 Mar 2021, 14:48 (Ref:4041718)   #2799
peebee2
Veteran

Quote:
What do you work for wsr or something? Getting very defensive. The way last year was and they expected drivers to go out find even more money is laughable. The world didn't know what was gonna happen. Sponsors wouldn't have wanted to commit so if I driver decides to step back then they shouldn't be punished for it.
Lol, best not get involved in the grown up world with that level of naivety.

Perhaps he should have gone to court and got them to say he didn’t need to pay. Oh, hang on...
Old 20 Mar 2021, 15:09 (Ref:4041722)   #2800
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
ok folks, let’s calm down please.

/mod