Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 26 Nov 2020, 07:53 (Ref:4018811)   #526
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
HARD. have announced that their first driver for 2021 has signed.
The accompanying image shows someone wearing a casio watch - which has resulted in the inevitable speculation that it is TOC who has signed.
Would be insane to give up his GT gig to drive for HARD... there's a driver who'd be great in one of the BMWs.
Old 26 Nov 2020, 08:51 (Ref:4018818)   #527
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
A lot has happened since then. Honda is closing UK manufacturing , sales are on the floor, FK8 sales slow , new model due. If Cammish or tied to Honda then the ice is probably thinner than it was a year ago. Maybe Dynamics will need drivers with budget
OK - I'll repeat it again for clarity:

2nd October 2019 - 'Team Dynamics are delighted to announce that they have agreed a new two-year contract with Leeds-born driver Dan Cammish'

The closure of the Swindon plant was announced in Feb 2019, the contract between TD and DC was publicised in Oct 2019. The situation with Honda was fully known before the contract was made public.
Old 26 Nov 2020, 09:55 (Ref:4018821)   #528
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Not saying this IS the case but shoe laces can become undone. See Mr Jordan and WSR as the most relevant recent example. I'm taking nothing for granted as to what cars are on the grid, carrying what colours and piloted by whom. There is going to be a lot of financial difficulty for many businesses and individuals before we get to next years BTCC season start. I hope we'll have a nice big grid again
Old 26 Nov 2020, 10:34 (Ref:4018823)   #529
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
OK - I'll repeat it again for clarity:

2nd October 2019 - 'Team Dynamics are delighted to announce that they have agreed a new two-year contract with Leeds-born driver Dan Cammish'

The closure of the Swindon plant was announced in Feb 2019, the contract between TD and DC was publicised in Oct 2019. The situation with Honda was fully known before the contract was made public.
Once more for clarity IF his contract is with Honda then IF they withdraw backing then MAYBE there will be changes God some people on here could start a fight in a dark room on there own....
Old 26 Nov 2020, 11:03 (Ref:4018827)   #530
medius
Veteran

England
Media Office hiding from the rain
medius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmedius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
When is media day? Everything is a guess until then. Even confirmed things change though. See Mat Jackson in 2018 and 2020.

I propose we rename things from Silly Season to Hysteria Season.
Old 26 Nov 2020, 11:10 (Ref:4018829)   #531
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
Once more for clarity IF his contract is with Honda then IF they withdraw backing then MAYBE there will be changes God some people on here could start a fight in a dark room on there own....
There is no IF about it - Dan Cammish does not have a contract with Honda.

You are right about some people on here, and your insistence on linking Cammish to a non-existent Honda contract adds you to the group.

Everything is subject to change - and as pointed out, both M.Jackson and A.Jordan are recent examples of this. But to speculate about the potential of a contract that has already been confirmed as not in existence is just stirring things for the sake of it.
Old 26 Nov 2020, 12:09 (Ref:4018834)   #532
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
There is no IF about it - Dan Cammish does not have a contract with Honda.

You are right about some people on here, and your insistence on linking Cammish to a non-existent Honda contract adds you to the group.

Everything is subject to change - and as pointed out, both M.Jackson and A.Jordan are recent examples of this. But to speculate about the potential of a contract that has already been confirmed as not in existence is just stirring things for the sake of it.
Where do I say he IS linked, my point is IF not is...
Old 26 Nov 2020, 12:29 (Ref:4018835)   #533
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
The accompanying image shows someone wearing a casio watch - which has resulted in the inevitable speculation that it is TOC who has signed.
I'd be surprised if TOC wanted to race for HARD next year although would be nice to see him back full time.
Old 26 Nov 2020, 13:45 (Ref:4018854)   #534
antnee
Veteran

antnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridantnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Cammish is confirmed at Dynamics/Honda - end of story.

While things can change, it isn't likely and you are just trying to wind people up. In the same way, you could say Sutton won't be the champion in 2020 IF TOCA find something up with his Infiniti.

Moving on, any more rumours on what cars Mr Blundell is after?
Old 26 Nov 2020, 14:28 (Ref:4018869)   #535
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
I'm linking in my mind Mr Bartrum. Mostly as I know stuff is occurring. It's entirely possible Dynamics are building too, can't really think any of the other BTCC teams are geared up to make customer cars - and am discounting WSR as they are busy with the Morgans. Mind you, there's always the Moffats...
Old 26 Nov 2020, 14:40 (Ref:4018871)   #536
antnee
Veteran

antnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridantnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Do Speedworks build their own or is it Mr Poole?
Old 26 Nov 2020, 15:11 (Ref:4018879)   #537
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I am sure Speedworks get some help with build of their cars, especially being factory backed, but they run the team how they want to
Old 26 Nov 2020, 17:00 (Ref:4018897)   #538
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
I believe there is some foundation to the speculation, especially when you consider that TOC is the only driver to own a watch. I believe I'm correct in saying that he is also the only driver ever to have learnt to tell the time.

Now, if we could just confirm that he owns a pen and can write his own name then I think it's case closed.
Old 26 Nov 2020, 18:30 (Ref:4018918)   #539
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Maybe they will keep Boardley, although maybe TOC appetite for a return has been wetted by his brief appearance last season. Doesn’t surprise me he owns a watch, he seems like a well cultured man who could talk about anything. He probably plenty of curious collectables at home. But let’s see, it’s an intriguing prospect, especially with HARD’s deal to run the Cupras
Old 26 Nov 2020, 19:40 (Ref:4018929)   #540
Steel Wheels
Veteran

Steel Wheels should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSteel Wheels should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by antnee View Post
Do Speedworks build their own or is it Mr Poole?
I think Willie Poole does, seem to recall they did the Avensis builds at WP. Might be a way to get more support on the grid for Tingram a couple of privately run Corrolla’s.
Old 26 Nov 2020, 20:07 (Ref:4018931)   #541
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
What time is it?
Old 26 Nov 2020, 20:11 (Ref:4018932)   #542
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Wheels View Post
I think Willie Poole does, seem to recall they did the Avensis builds at WP. Might be a way to get more support on the grid for Tingram a couple of privately run Corrolla’s.
Yes - definitely involved with the build:

Attached Thumbnails
2951.jpg  
Old 26 Nov 2020, 20:15 (Ref:4018933)   #543
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
What time is it?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hOP7qPDyI4
Old 26 Nov 2020, 20:35 (Ref:4018935)   #544
S griffin
Veteran

Wonder when MB Motorsport will announce their plans? Be really good if they are upgrading to the FK8
Old 26 Nov 2020, 20:40 (Ref:4018936)   #545
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
What time is it?
About time I got something right for once...

I've heard a strong rumour that the young Master Hamilton has been taught how to tell the time by his daddy. Santa might be placing a watch in his stocking if he's a good boy.
Old 26 Nov 2020, 21:35 (Ref:4018940)   #546
S griffin
Veteran

You obviously knew something no one else did. Let’s see how Nic does, all I care about is whether he is whether can find some more performance. Although the watch might come in handy if he finds himself out the race often. No reason why he can’t get one for xmas, although the family probably already have loads
Old 26 Nov 2020, 22:02 (Ref:4018941)   #547
Steel Wheels
Veteran

Steel Wheels should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSteel Wheels should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Interesting to see the according to an article in MN Team Dynamics are looking to run a 3rd car if they can get an extra TBL.
Old 26 Nov 2020, 22:20 (Ref:4018943)   #548
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
You obviously knew something no one else did. Let’s see how Nic does, all I care about is whether he is whether can find some more performance. Although the watch might come in handy if he finds himself out the race often. No reason why he can’t get one for xmas, although the family probably already have loads
...what are you talking about 😂
Old 27 Nov 2020, 11:05 (Ref:4019037)   #549
S griffin
Veteran

I’m trying to work out how all the pieces fit together!
Old 27 Nov 2020, 12:07 (Ref:4019061)   #550
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Wheels View Post
Interesting to see the according to an article in MN Team Dynamics are looking to run a 3rd car if they can get an extra TBL.
Yup Which was a plan coming together last year, but unfortunate timing meant Simpson handed his TBL back a matter of days/ couple of weeks before Dynamics were in a position to green light the three car plan... and at that point none were to be had. I never did find out who driver #3 was in the plan but suspected (or wanted to believe) it was Flash. Would like to see him back, exciting driver to watch.