Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 10 Jul 2019, 09:09 (Ref:3916802)   #1
doug911
Racer

United Kingdom
York
doug911 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Martin Donnelly charity moped ride accident

One of my F1 heroes, i still remember vividly the feeling when the camera switched to Martin lying in the middle of the track still strapped to his seat! A terrible end to a promising career.

Martin was doing a charity Moped ride last Thursday and fell off then had his dodgy leg broken again when another moped ran over it. In Hospital now with the threat of losing the leg.

https://www.motorsportmagazine.com/n...moped-accident

Good luck Martin!
Old 10 Jul 2019, 10:20 (Ref:3916813)   #2
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Awful news, wish him all the best.
Old 10 Jul 2019, 10:42 (Ref:3916816)   #3
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yes, terrible news but hopefully he will survive intact.
Old 10 Jul 2019, 11:22 (Ref:3916819)   #4
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Terrible story. It reads almost like an April 1st story.

Hope treatment works out for him.

Richard
Old 10 Jul 2019, 12:09 (Ref:3916826)   #5
doug911
Racer

United Kingdom
York
doug911 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nice to see Alessandro Zanardi has donated £1300
Old 10 Jul 2019, 13:36 (Ref:3916845)   #6
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Let’s hope he is lucky as he was after his Jerez accident, as that was one of the greatest escapes ever in motorsport

Not surprised Zanardi has donated, we know why
Old 10 Jul 2019, 16:27 (Ref:3916885)   #7
jimclark
Veteran

United States
Champion Porsche/Audi territory
jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by doug911 View Post
i still remember vividly the feeling when the camera switched to Martin lying in the middle of the track still strapped to his seat!
Likewise. My love at the time was curious why I had tears as I feared the worst.... 'Wasn't particularly a Donnelly fan but I felt/feel for any driver that's in a wreck, especially as ugly as that was.

Hope and prayers for Martin again.

jimclark