Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 21 Apr 2022, 07:12 (Ref:4107461)   #26
thetool
Veteran

thetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Strange - when I do that, I get the following (in order):
R30 in 100s | Brands Hatch GP | BTCC 2021
Story of the Day | Thruxton | BTCC 2021
Story of the Day | Donington Park | BTCC 2021
Story of the Day | Snetterton | BTCC 2021
Story of the Day | Oulton Park | BTCC 2021
Story of the Day | Knockhill | BTCC 2021
Story of the Day | Silverstone | BTCC 2021
Story of the Day | Thruxton | BTCC 2021
THIS IS WHERE WE COME ALIVE | The 2021 BTCC ...
R18 in 90s | Thruxton | BTCC 2021
On the Limit | Full Documentary | BTCC 2021

Which is exactly what I would hope to see if I was searching for BTCC in Youtube.

Isn't that the point - it works for those involved?

Not really, most series are looking to grow their appeal and audiences. I don't think 7 hours of TV is the way to pull new fans in.

On the Limit | Full Documentary | BTCC 2021 from BTCC
MEDIA DAY | BTCC 2022 from BTD
BTCC 2022 Season Launch Day @ Thruxton 13/04/22 from Mtrspt
Touring Car Build | Behind the scenes following huge Cupra Leon touring car crash from Is It Fast?
BTCC 2021 Crashes Compilation from Motorsport Chaos
BTCC 2021 Crashes and Spins from motorsportcrashesandfails
BTCC Test Day - Croft - 6th April 2022 from geordiecraig101
Laser Tools Racing | Season Launch 2022 | BTCC from The Tool Connection Limited
Toyota Gazoo Racing DRAG RACE *Petrol v Hybrid v Classic* from carwow
New Drive and Retirement for Plato in 2022 from Knockhill Racing Circuit
1 of 1 Jaguar Race Car | BTCC Legend | SCV8 from Swallows Racing
BTCC Biggest Crash Complication from Motorsport Chaos
Goodwood 79MM Saturday full highlights | V10 F1 cars, BTCC racing battle, Group C Porsche + more from FTP Motorsport
2022 BTCC Pre-Season Testing - New Cars | Amazing Sounds and High Speed Action (Croft Circuit) from TrackVision
2022 Toyota Corolla GR Sport (BTCC) | In Action and Great Sounds
BTCC 2021 Round 10 - Brands Hatch - Race 1 from Zoltan Markovics
BTCC Rewind - Best Knockhill Race Ever? - BTCC 2016 from BTCC Moments
BTCC 1995 - Round 2 from RetroClubXYZ
Welcome to the BTCC Hybrid Era from BTCC (finally an official video)

This is all from a Google/Youtube account with no history of searching for BTCC related content, so presumably fairly representative of what someone new to the series might come across.
Old 21 Apr 2022, 07:32 (Ref:4107465)   #27
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Looking forward to it. Plenty of drivers changing teams and some very intriguing prospects. Should be a cracker
Old 21 Apr 2022, 12:33 (Ref:4107499)   #28
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Full TV schedule now confirmed:

Qualifying LIVE: Saturday 23 April
ITV.com/BTCC from 1525

Raceday LIVE: Sunday 24 April
ITV4 & ITV4 HD 1050-1815
ITV4 +1 1150-1915
ITV.com/BTCC 1050-1815

Highlights: Saturday 30 April
ITV4 & ITV4 HD 1130-1300
ITV 4 +1 1230-1400
ITV Hub Available anytime for the next 30 days

Highlights: Sunday 1 April
ITV4 & ITV4 HD 0815-0940
ITV4 +1 0915-1040

Highlights: Wednesday 4 May
ITV & ITV HD 2340-0055
ITV +1 0040-0155
Old 22 Apr 2022, 16:18 (Ref:4107619)   #29
ATF
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sheffield
ATF should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Off to Donington on Sunday for the first time since 2006! This time with 2 young kids in tow, so might have to limit the amount of walking!

Any ideas if there are big screens around the track and if so, where they are located?
Old 22 Apr 2022, 16:40 (Ref:4107620)   #30
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATF View Post
Any ideas if there are big screens around the track and if so, where they are located?
https://msvstatic.blob.core.windows....20DP%20Map.pdf

3 screens - inside of Hollywood, outside at the old Starkey's bar, and infield overlooking Old Hairpin
Old 22 Apr 2022, 19:58 (Ref:4107635)   #31
ATF
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sheffield
ATF should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
https://msvstatic.blob.core.windows....20DP%20Map.pdf

3 screens - inside of Hollywood, outside at the old Starkey's bar, and infield overlooking Old Hairpin
Awesome thanks, I hadn't seen that map.

Did you used to be able to go under the start / finish straight to get to the infield? Doesn't look like there's a tunnel there now.
Old 22 Apr 2022, 21:41 (Ref:4107643)   #32
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATF View Post
Did you used to be able to go under the start / finish straight to get to the infield? Doesn't look like there's a tunnel there now.
Last time I was there was during Covid so the tunnel was closed; I assume it's open again. If not you can use the tunnel at the Essess and walk down towards Melbourne and into the paddock.
Old 23 Apr 2022, 06:49 (Ref:4107651)   #33
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Looking forward to the qualifying session. It should be another mega weekend of racing
Old 23 Apr 2022, 08:55 (Ref:4107655)   #34
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
All 28 cars out running in FP1.
Old 23 Apr 2022, 11:51 (Ref:4107664)   #35
hen henths
Racer

hen henths should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bit of a bumpy start for BTC so far. Hope they get it together for qualifying.
Old 23 Apr 2022, 12:08 (Ref:4107665)   #36
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by hen henths View Post
Bit of a bumpy start for BTC so far. Hope they get it together for qualifying.
Plato was saying that the M-Sport engines are causing a lot of trouble at the moment, on Paul O'Neill's interview thingy.
Old 23 Apr 2022, 12:15 (Ref:4107666)   #37
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
Plato was saying that the M-Sport engines are causing a lot of trouble at the moment, on Paul O'Neill's interview thingy.
Was he talking about them not running well, or being difficult to install?

I've heard Aiden Moffat talk about them needing more work on the rest of the car to integrate. He said things like gearstick mounts and steering column alignment are different, and it was more work than they expected.
Old 23 Apr 2022, 12:17 (Ref:4107667)   #38
hen henths
Racer

Quote:
Uh-oh. I guess reliability and consistency are going to be crucial factors in the championship this year. That and keeping up with Collard.
Old 23 Apr 2022, 12:48 (Ref:4107668)   #39
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Was he talking about them not running well, or being difficult to install?

I've heard Aiden Moffat talk about them needing more work on the rest of the car to integrate. He said things like gearstick mounts and steering column alignment are different, and it was more work than they expected.
Down on power I think. Can't remember exactly!
Old 23 Apr 2022, 13:48 (Ref:4107671)   #40
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Down on power I think. Can't remember exactly!
Heard the interview now - yes, he says that it is not producing the power that would be expected, and will be the Achilles heel of anyone running that engine.

Getting the excuses in early? Some M-Sport runners are towards the top through the speed-traps so far......
Old 23 Apr 2022, 14:35 (Ref:4107673)   #41
Evantra
Veteran

England
Ash Sutton's going to be bald by the end of the year! He'll look like Rob Collard
Old 23 Apr 2022, 14:39 (Ref:4107676)   #42
hen henths
Racer

Quote:
Ash Sutton's going to be bald by the end of the year! He'll look like Rob Collard
It's weight reduction!
Old 23 Apr 2022, 14:43 (Ref:4107678)   #43
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Cammish on fire literally
Old 23 Apr 2022, 14:44 (Ref:4107679)   #44
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
BMW 1-2-3-4-5 so far
Old 23 Apr 2022, 14:44 (Ref:4107680)   #45
Robin Marriott
Veteran

Robin Marriott should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That’s not going to be out again tomorrow.
Old 23 Apr 2022, 14:46 (Ref:4107682)   #46
Evantra
Veteran

England
Wow, glad he got out of that as quickly as he did.
Old 23 Apr 2022, 14:50 (Ref:4107683)   #47
MagicBoy
Racer

United Kingdom
MagicBoy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Nearly had a Flame grilled Cammish there.
Old 23 Apr 2022, 15:03 (Ref:4107686)   #48
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
BMW 1-2-3-4-5 so far
And now that has changed....
Old 23 Apr 2022, 15:06 (Ref:4107690)   #49
hen henths
Racer

I'd be worrying about those batteries when a car's on fire.
Old 23 Apr 2022, 15:07 (Ref:4107691)   #50
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Shedden up to 4th. The FWD cars seem to have got the tyres in the window now, and we are seeing true pace.