Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 28 Jul 2015, 09:11 (Ref:3561909)   #1
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
British Rallycross R7 - Lydden Hill

Yeah, I know its not for a month, but I'm rather craving some rallycross, so I thought I'd post a thread up and see if anyone has heard anything concerning this round yet.

Anyone know if any Europeans are planning to make the trip over? I assume Pat will be back out in the Supercars for his local round?
Old 13 Aug 2015, 14:12 (Ref:3565806)   #2
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
I see Andrew Coley will be out in the RX150's at Lydden - it'll be interesting to see how he gets on. I've not heard much else about this event so far - and it's getting closer. Anyone else got any news?
Old 14 Aug 2015, 08:30 (Ref:3565960)   #3
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I was hoping there would have been a bit more news on it at this point, hopefully an entry list will be forthcoming in the next few days.
Old 18 Aug 2015, 07:53 (Ref:3566608)   #4
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
I see Liam was asking for a driver to retrieve a car from Sweden yesterday...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam Doran Facebook
Anyone want to drive a van and trailer to Petters workshop in Sweden and back this week? Need one of my cars back urgently for filming next week in UK. Not much driving as can get the Hull > Gothenburg ferry crossing, relaxed trip in a van....paid work of course!
...I wonder if he will use that car to run at Lydden as well?
Old 23 Aug 2015, 21:40 (Ref:3568010)   #5
Hampton Caught
Racer

England
Hampton Caught should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
... or will Pat use it? Mmmm!

Looking forward to the Lydden round next week. Like you, I'd expected to see more about it by now.

I'll be there with my display of the rallycross models I've made, which you'll find in the Ripla Retro Rallycross Arena. Hope to see you there.

Cheers, Steve
Old 23 Aug 2015, 22:04 (Ref:3568019)   #6
ebby
Racer

United Kingdom
near Lydden, Kent
ebby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Any sign of an entry list for Lydden yet?
Old 24 Aug 2015, 08:29 (Ref:3568158)   #7
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hampton Caught View Post
Looking forward to the Lydden round next week. Like you, I'd expected to see more about it by now.
The flyer for the round was up on Facebook over a week ago...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebby
Any sign of an entry list for Lydden yet?
...but I haven't seen an entry list yet.

They have confirmed a few guest drivers in the RX150 class for Lydden though, specifically Andrew Coley (the shouty commentator from World Rallycross) and Reinis Nitiss. Also MSA secretary Simon Blunt will race in a Swift.
Old 25 Aug 2015, 08:06 (Ref:3568547)   #8
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Swift entry list is now online...

...still no sign of the other classes though.
Old 25 Aug 2015, 09:10 (Ref:3568558)   #9
Pozi
Racer

Pozi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Entry list

http://www.rallycrossbrx.com/assets/...Entry-List.pdf
Old 25 Aug 2015, 11:22 (Ref:3568581)   #10
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pozi View Post
Brilliant, thanks Pozi!

12 Supercars
16 Super National/Super 1600
9 Hot Hatch/BMW MINI
17 Suzuki Swift
5 Swift Junior
10 Retro Rallycross
11 RX150

Not a bad entry. I assume that's a typo in the Supercars and Mark Flaherty is in his Focus.

I see Bill Watson is a TBA in the Retro class: I hope he manages to get his car out there.
Old 26 Aug 2015, 07:54 (Ref:3568844)   #11
bigted
Veteran

bigted should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think you can add the Hudson brothers in there BMW minis, and maybe another junior now
Old 26 Aug 2015, 11:55 (Ref:3568890)   #12
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Hardly big numbers and still far too many classes

Not sure its worth it really sadly.
Old 26 Aug 2015, 14:00 (Ref:3568914)   #13
Pozi
Racer

Pozi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It looks like Jenson Button and David Coulthard are down at Lydden today in the JRM RX Mini.

I know it would never happen but wouldn't it be great if they stayed on to drive in the UK round
Old 26 Aug 2015, 18:51 (Ref:3568981)   #14
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbtstt View Post
I see Liam was asking for a driver to retrieve a car from Sweden yesterday...

...I wonder if he will use that car to run at Lydden as well?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pozi View Post
It looks like Jenson Button and David Coulthard are down at Lydden today in the JRM RX Mini.

I know it would never happen but wouldn't it be great if they stayed on to drive in the UK round
Well at least we know what Liam needed the car for now - David Coulthard was driving it at Lydden today (with Jenson Button in the JRM MINI)
Old 28 Aug 2015, 20:39 (Ref:3569456)   #15
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
Well at least we know what Liam needed the car for now - David Coulthard was driving it at Lydden today (with Jenson Button in the JRM MINI)
Indeed! Looking at the pictures, it looks like Liam's new 2015 car that was at Lydden, which implies that was the car that was sitting at Petter's workshop (as per Liam's original Facebook post). I wonder if it was just stored there, or if Petter's team have been working on the car?
Old 31 Aug 2015, 21:11 (Ref:3570329)   #16
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
Well - the weather was pretty grim but the racing was excellent! The supernational and supercar finals in particular were superb but all the classes put on a good show. In practice there really wasn't a lot of traction - you could really see the rwd cars in particular struggling to put the power down and their were areas of Chessons that just acted like a massive brake - get off line and the speed just fell away. I hope that the damaged cars aren't too badly damaged - there were a couple of big offs and hits but given the conditions I was pleasantly surprised at how few there were. Anybody else brave the weather?
Old 1 Sep 2015, 11:16 (Ref:3570464)   #17
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
Anybody else brave the weather?
Yep! Weather did seem to ease off a bit in the afternoon, but the morning was rather damp.

Fully agreed with regards to both the Super National and Supercar final. Great racing in both and nice to see places changing right up to the flag.

Still not sure what happened to Harris at North Bend; I have now seen a video of the roll, but not sure how he ended up hitting the tyres in the first place: did he have a moment on the exit of the corner?
Old 2 Sep 2015, 07:57 (Ref:3570685)   #18
bigted
Veteran

bigted should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Speaking to Steve Harris after the roll, he said the car snapped sideways like a Drive Shaft sheared
Old 2 Sep 2015, 13:37 (Ref:3570750)   #19
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigted View Post
Speaking to Steve Harris after the roll, he said the car snapped sideways like a Drive Shaft sheared
That makes sense, as said the only clip I've seen doesn't show much of his approach, just the contact with the tyre wall:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVUuIFtWOVA

Looks like quite a sudden stop.

Did anyone see the Flaherty/Mundy contact after the flag in heat 1?
Old 2 Sep 2015, 20:15 (Ref:3570833)   #20
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
Quote:
No but there was some contact with Pat and someone (can't remember who) after the flag in one of the heats as well.
Old 2 Sep 2015, 20:15 (Ref:3570834)   #21
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
Quote:
No but there was some contact with Pat and someone (can't remember who) after the flag in one of the heats as well.
Old 10 Sep 2015, 12:07 (Ref:3572912)   #22
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Finally dried out enough to post some pictures!

Don't know what was causing O'Donovan's car to constantly produce sparks (undertray perhaps?), but it certainly caught the eye.

Few more images here:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/229616...57658433321545

If anyone is interested.