Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 8 Oct 2019, 08:25 (Ref:3932631)   #101
crossfades
Veteran

Sweden
crossfades should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fat Clerk View Post
Never, ever again, worst RAC I've ever been involved with.
I was in a Radio car on Alwyn yesterday.
Only 48 cars with the first batch going @ 3 minute intervals,made it as dreary as the weather.
Absolute rubbish.
Three minutes between every car? Why?

In Sweden the WRC cars come in 2 min intervals and the rest during 1 min.
Old 8 Oct 2019, 08:42 (Ref:3932637)   #102
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Never, ever again, worst RAC I've ever been involved with.
I was in a Radio car on Alwyn yesterday.
Only 48 cars with the first batch going @ 3 minute intervals,made it as dreary as the weather.
Absolute rubbish.
Was this something done for the live TV on Sunday? The cars were only a minute apart on Saturday.
Old 8 Oct 2019, 09:19 (Ref:3932650)   #103
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm guessing to string it out because there were so few cars, whatever it made lots of people unhappy.
Old 8 Oct 2019, 10:53 (Ref:3932664)   #104
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Well done Tanak, getting maximum points was important. Let's hope that car is reliable to the end. Nice end to Solberg's career, will miss that great showman, hope his son does well now

Well done C5 for showing the final stage live
Old 8 Oct 2019, 11:11 (Ref:3932672)   #105
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What happened @ the Great Orme?
Old 8 Oct 2019, 11:29 (Ref:3932678)   #106
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
I'm guessing to string it out because there were so few cars, whatever it made lots of people unhappy.
Yeah, can understand that is pretty frustrating. The whole WRC field ran through in about an hour on the Saturday, so that gave a couple of hours between passes to move around.
Old 8 Oct 2019, 13:13 (Ref:3932695)   #107
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
What happened @ the Great Orme?
As I understood it the stage was cancelled as the sea was too rough for the rescue boat(s) - so if someone ended up in the water there was no rescue crew in place. It's an unlikely scenario (has it ever happened?) but I guess the organisers couldn't take the risk.
Old 16 Oct 2019, 08:12 (Ref:3934870)   #108
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Bit belated, but a few snaps from Myherin:

Old 25 Oct 2019, 15:45 (Ref:3936732)   #109
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Tanak can wrap up the title this weekend in Catalunya - and hydraulic problems for Ogier today have given Tanak a boost (not that he really needed one!). Conditions look tricky following the recent rain but I have to admit I'm a big fan of mixed surface events (and stages).
Old 25 Oct 2019, 16:35 (Ref:3936740)   #110
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
Tanak can wrap up the title this weekend in Catalunya - and hydraulic problems for Ogier today have given Tanak a boost (not that he really needed one!). Conditions look tricky following the recent rain but I have to admit I'm a big fan of mixed surface events (and stages).
A few years ago I would have welcomed troubles for Ogier, but I think its a real shame to see him robbed of any chance to challenge for the title. That said, Tanak has to survive the weekend first!

Interesting story about Tanak breaking as well:

https://www.motorsport.com/wrc/news/...-move/4586262/
Old 25 Oct 2019, 21:38 (Ref:3936788)   #111
crossfades
Veteran

Sweden
crossfades should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Citroen tests for three days on tarmac, one day on gravel, tests new aero but can't use it in Spain, planned to have a new suspension in Wales but couldn't use it, planned to enter Østberg for Australia in helps of Ogier's title bid which now is kinda pointless, tests again in Finland with Østberg and on the first day of Spain Ogier looses over 3 min with a power steering issue, probably killing his title bid, while Lappi's engine dies ...

That Tänak story is very spicy and if true I wonder how it could change up the seats for next year.
Old 28 Oct 2019, 10:38 (Ref:3937305)   #112
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
So we finally have a world champion that's not called Sebastien! Congratulations to Ott Tanak - a thoroughly deserved title I think. Seems that Neuville is destined to never win - he always seems to be close but can't quite get there (much like Hirvonen). It'll be interesting to see what happens at Hyundai if Tanak is confirmed there for next season.
Old 28 Oct 2019, 11:44 (Ref:3937314)   #113
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Quote:
So we finally have a world champion that's not called Sebastien! Congratulations to Ott Tanak - a thoroughly deserved title I think. Seems that Neuville is destined to never win - he always seems to be close but can't quite get there (much like Hirvonen). It'll be interesting to see what happens at Hyundai if Tanak is confirmed there for next season.
Yeah, I agree on all points. Although I wanted to see Ogier win for M-Sport last year and win to prove a point this year, I think Tanak was as deserving a Champion: plus it is great to finally see the Sebastien streak broken!

Despite initially denying it, the subsequent interview I saw with Hyundai seemed to suggest that the rumour was true. Could really mix things up for next season if that is the case. I believe Ogier was contracted to Citroen for more than a year, but is there any possibility he will jump ship and move elsewhere?
Old 28 Oct 2019, 14:36 (Ref:3937348)   #114
GasperG
Veteran

Slovenia
GasperG has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Hyundai has proven really strong this year, maybe Neuville should jump ship to Toyota to test his chances there, because IMO in the same team as Tanak he doesn't have a lot of chance.

Ogier is definitely not pleased with the Citroen.

Everyone was waiting for Tanak decision, I think now we will see more changes of colours.
Old 28 Oct 2019, 15:28 (Ref:3937356)   #115
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
Quote:
Originally Posted by GasperG View Post
Ogier is definitely not pleased with the Citroen.
The Citroen has been an absolute pig of a car since this set of regualtions were introduced. Nobody has been able to get consistent results out of it and how many times have we seen drivers at the end of a stage just looking bemused as to what the hell is going on with the car. Despite all the time and money thrown at developing the car it still looks to be the worst of the four.
Old 29 Oct 2019, 11:16 (Ref:3937457)   #116
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
First time since 03 a champ is not called Seb. Well done Ott, he deserves it after mechanical problems cruelly denied him last season. Now it's really going to be interesting next season with him and Neuville in the Hyundais together. Just shows the series is more open than ever. There is every chance Nevuille can still do it
Old 11 Nov 2019, 00:40 (Ref:3939840)   #117
johnh875
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
johnh875 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This coming weekend's round in Australia will be drastically shortened due to bushfires. There are 60 fires burning across the state with 3 deaths, 150 homes lost and over 2 million acres burnt. A state of emergency has been declared.

Apart from stages probably being in danger areas, I dare say many volunteer officials and emergency services required for the rally will be otherwise occupied - best wishes to them.
Old 11 Nov 2019, 09:26 (Ref:3939905)   #118
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnh875 View Post
This coming weekend's round in Australia will be drastically shortened due to bushfires. There are 60 fires burning across the state with 3 deaths, 150 homes lost and over 2 million acres burnt. A state of emergency has been declared.

Apart from stages probably being in danger areas, I dare say many volunteer officials and emergency services required for the rally will be otherwise occupied - best wishes to them.
To be honest I'm suprised it's going ahead at all - given that rally cars have been known to set fire to the scenery I'd have thought they'd have knocked it on the head for this year.
Old 11 Nov 2019, 11:33 (Ref:3939930)   #119
S griffin
Veteran

It'll be credit to all involved if we can get through the event as smoothly as possible.
Old 11 Nov 2019, 21:50 (Ref:3940039)   #120
Alex Langheck
Racer

Alex Langheck should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
In all honesty, it should be pulled - with the small amount of mileage, Toyota really have very little chance of overtaking Hyundai for the Manufacturers Title.

A car going off - and going up in flames would be a monumental PR disaster. Running a motorsport event whilst there are fires raging in the area isn't smart. I'm expecting sense to win out - and it getting canned.
Old 12 Nov 2019, 11:20 (Ref:3940144)   #121
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
Quote:
To be honest I'm suprised it's going ahead at all - given that rally cars have been known to set fire to the scenery I'd have thought they'd have knocked it on the head for this year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Langheck View Post
In all honesty, it should be pulled - with the small amount of mileage, Toyota really have very little chance of overtaking Hyundai for the Manufacturers Title.

A car going off - and going up in flames would be a monumental PR disaster. Running a motorsport event whilst there are fires raging in the area isn't smart. I'm expecting sense to win out - and it getting canned.
And there we go - it's been canned. Definitely the right call - the potential downsides outweighed any benefit to running it.
Old 12 Nov 2019, 13:53 (Ref:3940168)   #122
S griffin
Veteran

Can’t argue with that decision, there was a lot of risk involved running it. That said, it’s just as well the title was decided in the last round
Old 12 Nov 2019, 15:28 (Ref:3940184)   #123
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Can’t argue with that decision, there was a lot of risk involved running it. That said, it’s just as well the title was decided in the last round
The manufacturers title was still up for grabs - Hyundai take it as a result of the cancellation. Also got to feel sorry for Paddon - binned it on shakedown earlier in the year so didn't get a run, lines up an outing in Australia and the event gets cancelled.
Old 12 Nov 2019, 21:29 (Ref:3940262)   #124
S griffin
Veteran

Quote:
The manufacturers title was still up for grabs - Hyundai take it as a result of the cancellation. Also got to feel sorry for Paddon - binned it on shakedown earlier in the year so didn't get a run, lines up an outing in Australia and the event gets cancelled.

I meant the drivers title. Let’s face it, the manufacturer’s title isn’t so important in the grand scheme. And yes, shame for Paddon, missed both his opportunities due to extreme circumstances, hope someone gives him a chance in 2020
Old 12 Nov 2019, 22:28 (Ref:3940272)   #125
flagwaver2
Rookie

England
flagwaver2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
I meant the drivers title. Let’s face it, the manufacturer’s title isn’t so important in the grand scheme. And yes, shame for Paddon, missed both his opportunities due to extreme circumstances, hope someone gives him a chance in 2020
I think you will find as far as the manufacturers are concerned the manufacturers title is everything. Otherwise why spend millions in entering WRC or any other championship.