Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 2 Apr 2020, 16:57 (Ref:3968264)   #901
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
For some that is no change

Are old WEC races available to watch anywhere? WEC app only has the last one, but YouTube has races from years ago.
You can get the old le mans races on motorsport " the history of le mans" series has early programmes before the fifties and then all subsequent races well worth watch if you have not already done so
Old 2 Apr 2020, 16:58 (Ref:3968265)   #902
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Plus tesco has Le mans 66 on dvd for a tenner at the moment.
Old 2 Apr 2020, 18:06 (Ref:3968285)   #903
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Worth a tenner of any ones money in my opinion.

Last edited by The Fat Clerk; 2 Apr 2020 at 18:11.
Old 2 Apr 2020, 19:13 (Ref:3968296)   #904
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Le Mans 66 is also available on Sky Store and a few other streaming services
Old 3 Apr 2020, 00:02 (Ref:3968330)   #905
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
You can get the old le mans races on motorsport " the history of le mans" series has early programmes before the fifties and then all subsequent races well worth watch if you have not already done so
I remember that. Recorded them all in the UK, before I moved. Only watched about half I think.

I could do the old Le Mans reviews. Hmmm. I don't know why, but I was kind of up for full races.

Old Sebrings are on youtube. Might finish last years as I missed going this year. I'm half way through, but stopped watching when it was cancelled - got fed, up, but I should finish it.
Old 3 Apr 2020, 08:13 (Ref:3968355)   #906
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Had a message from CSCC yesterday saying thier meeting at Silverstone had been cancelled so that Silverstone could accomodate the new date for their WEC race.
Old 3 Apr 2020, 09:52 (Ref:3968360)   #907
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbs View Post
Had a message from CSCC yesterday saying thier meeting at Silverstone had been cancelled so that Silverstone could accomodate the new date for their WEC race.
If it is open by then, and to be honest that is looking very unlikely
Old 3 Apr 2020, 11:51 (Ref:3968387)   #908
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
My thoughts exactly. Why would ACO put the 1st round of the 20-21 championship before the last round of the 19-20 championship any way. It did not and still does not make sense.
Old 3 Apr 2020, 13:08 (Ref:3968401)   #909
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbs View Post
My thoughts exactly. Why would ACO put the 1st round of the 20-21 championship before the last round of the 19-20 championship any way. It did not and still does not make sense.
Well we're in uncharted water here. Standard rules may not apply.

It could be that Silverstone takes another spot in the calendar before Le Mans. There are no rules or previous experiences to go by here.
Old 3 Apr 2020, 14:25 (Ref:3968414)   #910
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Calendar news has arrived. Plan is to finish this season in November.

Season 9 to begin in March 2021.

https://twitter.com/FIAWEC/status/1246075096831148034

Obviously still some huge assumptions being made here around the virus spread, travel restrictions etc. But I'd personally be happy to see the back of the bizarre 'winter' calendar. It just hasn't worked IMO.
Old 3 Apr 2020, 15:06 (Ref:3968428)   #911
Alex Langheck
Racer

Alex Langheck should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Calendar news has arrived. Plan is to finish this season in November.

Season 9 to begin in March 2021.

https://twitter.com/FIAWEC/status/1246075096831148034

Obviously still some huge assumptions being made here around the virus spread, travel restrictions etc. But I'd personally be happy to see the back of the bizarre 'winter' calendar. It just hasn't worked IMO.
I don't think I've seen a reasonable explanation why they went with a so called 'Winter' calendar. None of the other major series have done it (though the WRC did think about it).
What would be wrong in a March - November season? They are seem 'hell bent' on making Le Mans the championship finale - but I don't think it works.
Old 3 Apr 2020, 15:42 (Ref:3968436)   #912
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Langheck View Post
I don't think I've seen a reasonable explanation why they went with a so called 'Winter' calendar.
Le Mans as season finale. Not sure there was much more to it than that.
Old 3 Apr 2020, 16:05 (Ref:3968442)   #913
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
As simple as that, yes, I think so.
Old 3 Apr 2020, 16:39 (Ref:3968447)   #914
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Silverstone gone, final round will be Bahrain (right now, anyway):

https://www.fiawec.com/en/news/fia-w...-calendar/6681
Old 3 Apr 2020, 17:01 (Ref:3968452)   #915
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yep, just had an email from Silverstone asking for patience re refund.....
Old 3 Apr 2020, 18:20 (Ref:3968466)   #916
Tique
Racer

France
Paris
Tique should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Finally, we will come back to a standard calendar.
I guess that the season openeer will be Sebring and it will finish in Bahrein. As it used to be. At least for the european round, it will happen during the summer time
Old 3 Apr 2020, 19:02 (Ref:3968473)   #917
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
It will be interesting to see exactly how this goes, Let us hope silverstone returns in 2021
Old 3 Apr 2020, 20:24 (Ref:3968482)   #918
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
I actually liked the winter schedule because everyone else runs a normal season schedule. I had some wec races to look forward to when 'no one' else was racing. Sad there's no Fuji this year though.
Old 3 Apr 2020, 21:09 (Ref:3968487)   #919
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos is a back marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tique View Post
Finally, we will come back to a standard calendar.
I guess that the season openeer will be Sebring and it will finish in Bahrein. As it used to be. At least for the european round, it will happen during the summer time
I subscribe this comment!
Old 4 Apr 2020, 10:22 (Ref:3968548)   #920
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I think this winter schedule is the most realistic at this time. I think they have done a good there with both the WEC and the ELMS calendar. Be interesting if we return to a traditional season calendar next season, instead of the super season
Old 4 Apr 2020, 11:23 (Ref:3968565)   #921
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
I think this winter schedule is the most realistic at this time. I think they have done a good there with both the WEC and the ELMS calendar. Be interesting if we return to a traditional season calendar next season, instead of the super season
Old 4 Apr 2020, 11:51 (Ref:3968568)   #922
Tique
Racer

France
Paris
Tique should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The winter calendar is problematic for the european races. Having Le Mans in June, you can have a race in May but before, it could be tricky with the weather (we had snow a year ago in SPa). After that, you start in late august and september for a round in Europe and then you go to Japan when the weather is tricky also.

When I add up up all those things, I do not see a great benefit to have the witer calendar.

Starting in March in USA, may be then you can go to Japan, and you go to Europe and you finish the season in Bahrein. Let see what we will have...

Last edited by Tique; 4 Apr 2020 at 12:00.
Old 4 Apr 2020, 12:12 (Ref:3968571)   #923
TheMightyM
Veteran

TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!
As Graham Goodwin wrote in an opinion piece:

Quote:
In truth the move to a winter-based calendar from 2017/18 presented more challenges than opportunities and the enforced break from racing has given the WEC an opportunity to reset that process, a decision they have grasped with a vengeance.

So yes, the WEC is going back to a traditional schedule going forward. All we know at this point is that in 2021 it will feature Le Mans and Super Sebring. Everything else is TBD. With the world economy entering recession, I'd expect a relatively short season in 2021.
Old 4 Apr 2020, 17:03 (Ref:3968634)   #924
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Much like Bahrain was the final race for Audi, Bahrain being the very final goodbye for LMP1 as whole (aka what we call prototype racing) is not the most fitting way to sign off

Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post

I don't even...
Old 4 Apr 2020, 17:06 (Ref:3968635)   #925
S griffin
Veteran

Only the fact it ends at night does it any justice as a send off