Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 3 Jul 2005, 22:43 (Ref:1346426)   #1
boycie
Racer

boycie has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Alleged return of the 307 in BTCC

What are the forum's thoughts about this old chestnut? Does anyone know if the Peugeot will bolster the grid at Croft?

The 307 was a poor racing car as it was, I can't see it being any better this far down the line. If VLR couldn't make it work, how the hell could someone like Griffin?

Simmonds has zero experience in running cars either so how they hope to make the thing a competitive force in touring cars is beyond any kind of logical thought.

The Britcar rounds it has taken part in have seen the thing fail to complete even a third race distance so what kind of preparation is that for a potential BTCC berth?

At the start of the year, Griffin claimed he'd run cars in Porsche Cup, BARC Formula Renault, British GT, Ginetta, VW Cup, Britcar, Production S1, Clio Cup AND BTCC.

The point here is, why isn't the team seen in anymore than a couple of these championships right now? Don't hold your breath to see the 307 in BTCC - and if it does appear, at least the Lexus won't be the slowest car out there!
Old 4 Jul 2005, 13:27 (Ref:1346860)   #2
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's not going to happen. There will be 15 cars at Croft - the 14 from Oulton plus Fiona Leggate in an Astra.

And to avoid more of this speculation in a fortnight's time, there will be 16 cars at Mondello, with the 15 from Croft plus Jason Hughes in a MG.
Old 4 Jul 2005, 15:20 (Ref:1346948)   #3
Alfa Fan
Veteran

Alfa Fan has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
You're missing out the Alfa that will appear at either Croft or Mondello.
Old 5 Jul 2005, 10:03 (Ref:1347531)   #4
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
How soon will Gareth Howell be out there in a third Dynamics car?
Old 5 Jul 2005, 10:49 (Ref:1347571)   #5
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
When he gets a budget I guess
Old 5 Jul 2005, 19:28 (Ref:1348119)   #6
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfa Fan
You're missing out the Alfa that will appear at either Croft or Mondello.
The Alfa won't appear at either Croft or Mondello.

It may be at Snetterton, but I'm not holding my breath for that either.
Old 5 Jul 2005, 20:39 (Ref:1348200)   #7
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
...at least we know when it does appear it's going to be the fastest car out there...
Old 5 Jul 2005, 20:41 (Ref:1348203)   #8
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
haha What a superb show the BTCC is putting on this year!!
Old 5 Jul 2005, 20:44 (Ref:1348206)   #9
429CJ
Veteran

Finland
Otaku World
429CJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hope they equip those 307s with extra fire extinguishers.

-Jamie Hyneman
Old 5 Jul 2005, 21:12 (Ref:1348239)   #10
Alfa Fan
Veteran

Alfa Fan has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sceptic
The Alfa won't appear at either Croft or Mondello.

It may be at Snetterton, but I'm not holding my breath for that either.
I'm starting to wonder why they're bothering. They should just get ready for 2006 now and make sure the car is ready for the start of the season.
Old 6 Jul 2005, 13:38 (Ref:1348776)   #11
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
15 or 16 cars is fine by me. There's plenty of action throughout the field, and at least 10 cars capable of winning races. By and large it's the second half of the grid that's been lost, whcih isn't ideal but doesn't totally detract from the action. The races so far have been more exciting than the WTCC races, even though those have twice as many cars.
Old 6 Jul 2005, 16:37 (Ref:1348887)   #12
kmchow
Veteran

kmchow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BootsOntheSide
By and large it's the second half of the grid that's been lost, whcih isn't ideal but doesn't totally detract from the action. The races so far have been more exciting than the WTCC races, even though those have twice as many cars.
OTOH, if the 2nd half of the field is dicing heavily between themselves for the "best of the rest" honours, that's still good entertainment. If they're all breaking down and miles away from each other then that could be a little disappointing?
Old 9 Jul 2005, 10:53 (Ref:1351021)   #13
N I Tram
Veteran

N I Tram should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
10 competitive cars is enough - everything else is just a bonus. To me the sad side of it is the number of drivers and teams who are being denied a chance to shine. If promoters start inserting a minimum number of cars next season (that depends on whether attendances are down due to the small grids) then maybe a Gow-fare system similar to what has been used in ChampCars would come into being, but I'm not so bothered about it now.