Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 27 Oct 2021, 17:04 (Ref:4080298)   #626
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
https://twitter.com/rich_energy/stat...GUXI2Fb3w&s=19
Old 29 Oct 2021, 09:27 (Ref:4080529)   #627
Derwent
Racer

Derwent is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Rich Energy do sponsor a British Kart Championship so there must be some money there.
Gas anyone ever actually seen any cans for sale?
Old 29 Oct 2021, 09:31 (Ref:4080531)   #628
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derwent View Post
Yes. Online, in stores, in bars/clubs and at motorsport events.
Old 29 Oct 2021, 14:39 (Ref:4080567)   #629
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
so lets say i wanted to start up a youtube channel and show F1 clips...i suspect i would get a take down letter from FOM pretty quickly right.

so how is this guy able to get away with using F1 images, what even looks like his branding on renderings of a 2022 concept picture which i assume FOM owns, unless he has some sort of legitimate deal to do so?

cant imagine he has found a loophole allowing him to freely piggy back off of a multi billion dollar sport.
Old 29 Oct 2021, 18:41 (Ref:4080597)   #630
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Rich Energy do sponsor a British Kart Championship so there must be some money there.

I've never seen it in a shop but I've seen it on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Rich-Energy...01911381&psc=1

They even have a sugar free version, in a white can.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Rich-Energy...94DHHZ99&psc=1
Old 29 Oct 2021, 20:06 (Ref:4080608)   #631
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
In the US, it was previously hard to find. Now it is virtually impossible. There is a site that is dedicated to the US market by Rich Energy https://www.richenergy.us/ (I assume it is managed by Rich Energy. If it's not, they should force it to be removed). It previously was slow to update to sync up with the new twin horn logo vs. the prior Whyte bike logo. It was eventually updated (the updated site mostly uses the new logo, but still shows cans with the old logo). Previously, the site provided a list of locations/vendors in the US in which you could purchase. Both in person and I think online as well. If memory serves me, those were probably less than 5-10 bars or nightclubs. I think they also listed someone who was a US distributor. Now the site doesn't list anything like that.

If you looked on large e-commerce sites like Amazon (the primary US version... .com) or someone like Walmart (who also has a large e-commerce footprint) you could previously buy from them. I don't think either fulfilled the orders directly, but relied upon someone else to do the fulfillment (not particularly uncommon, but maybe uncommon for any product that sells a lot as Amazon or Walmart would be interested in doing direct fulfillment). At the time I looked at this months ago, I "think" the same place did fulfillment for both and might have been the US distributor (or not). I can't remember the company, but I think they where a "specialty products" distributor and was not a general food/drink distributor/wholesaler. Meaning they just dealt with odds and ends. Stuff maybe others didn't deal with.

Today, on both Amazon (US) and Walmart, you can't find the product at all (at least I can't when trying various search terms). If you go to the main global Rich Energy website and select "Buy" it sends to you to the UK Amazon site. Which does tell me it can ship to the US. It also tells me the product is currently unavailable (is anyone else seeing otherwise?) And of course if you go to the UK Amazon site, you can also find it via their own product search.

I think generally they have tried to market the product as "premium" and to give an air of superiority and also exclusivity. I think early issues of finding the product could be spun as in support of that exclusivity. That you are just not going to expect to find something like this at the corner market! We are very much above that type of thing. I think that can only work so long because in the end, if you want to make money, you have to be moving product. To move product, people need to be able to buy it. Which it seems like (at least here in the US and maybe elsewhere) you just can't.

To be fair, who knows, Rich Energy might be having their own supply chain issues like many other companies. Given how much Storey's personal twitter account spends nearly 100% of his time doing nothing but ranting against Covid restrictions, vaccinations, etc. Maybe his opposition is more than just the rants of an egomaniac/lunatic. I wonder if Rich Energy doesn't really own much more than the IP (recipe, logos, etc.) and then farm out production to manufactures who do that type of thing. The issues with that is that they may run into issues that they can't solve as they don't own the problem. Such as again, supply chain issues. Or maybe whoever is making the product may be focusing production on something else (such as a more valuable customer).

The money has got to run out at some point. They have to be burning cash like crazy. Little in the way of product being sold, sponsorship deals that are not cheap (apparently the are getting back into F1 in 2022.... can I type that without laughing... no I can't )

Richard
Old 29 Oct 2021, 20:39 (Ref:4080611)   #632
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
so lets say i wanted to start up a youtube channel and show F1 clips...i suspect i would get a take down letter from FOM pretty quickly right.

so how is this guy able to get away with using F1 images, what even looks like his branding on renderings of a 2022 concept picture which i assume FOM owns, unless he has some sort of legitimate deal to do so?

cant imagine he has found a loophole allowing him to freely piggy back off of a multi billion dollar sport.
Is that really an F1 rendering of the 22 car design ideas or just random car stolen from an image search with his stuff slapped on it
Old 29 Oct 2021, 22:44 (Ref:4080624)   #633
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:

I saw them at a local supermarket once. Bought two cans, kept one as a souvenir.
Tasted like any other energy drink, nothing earth shattering just sickly sweet.
Old 30 Oct 2021, 00:13 (Ref:4080630)   #634
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Is that really an F1 rendering of the 22 car design ideas or just random car stolen from an image search with his stuff slapped on it
looks similar to the 2022 rear but maybe its different enough?

surprised that it can be that easy though.

from f1 site

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/a...oGrbqp6ye.html

from that twitter link

Old 30 Oct 2021, 00:54 (Ref:4080638)   #635
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
https://yellowimages.com/stock/formu...kup-pack-90098
Old 30 Oct 2021, 07:51 (Ref:4080663)   #636
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Good find!
Old 31 Oct 2021, 07:47 (Ref:4080776)   #637
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
If only it was that easy to make an F1 car
Old 1 Nov 2021, 17:49 (Ref:4080976)   #638
Derwent
Racer

Derwent is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
They sponsor the Rich Energy Mini Bikes Championship which takes place mainly of kart tracks. They have done it for two years at least so the money must come through. Hardly a high profile sport to back though.
Old 1 Nov 2021, 18:03 (Ref:4080978)   #639
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
Quote:
perhaps i am underestimating how easy it is to use a mock up of an F1 car (or any other registered/trademarked image) for my own promotional purposes, but if this is the case, then that begs the question then why is this practice not far more common, more so in this day and age of social media promotion?

the link itself even says that these images are just for editorial purposes and cannot be used for promotional materials.

https://yellowimages.com/terms#editorial-use

its still very odd to me that F1/FOM allows this to go on seemingly unchallenged.
Old 1 Nov 2021, 19:29 (Ref:4080988)   #640
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
perhaps i am underestimating how easy it is to use a mock up of an F1 car (or any other registered/trademarked image) for my own promotional purposes, but if this is the case, then that begs the question then why is this practice not far more common, more so in this day and age of social media promotion?
For those in which F1 is their primary business (i.e. teams, etc.) , they probably have their own inhouse resources to do this. Not to mention proper 3D models that match their car, or match it close enough for public consumption. For everyone else (including various media, fan art, etc.) they are probably the target audience for a product like this.

Quote:
the link itself even says that these images are just for editorial purposes and cannot be used for promotional materials.
Generally, I think that is just Yellow Images cover themselves and putting any compliance/liability issues onto their users. They probably don't care (much) if you use it for commercial purposes unless it was for a large company in which they would feel they could squeeze some money out of them.

Quote:
its still very odd to me that F1/FOM allows this to go on seemingly unchallenged.
If you look at the images of the FIA 2022 car and the one from Yellow Images. They are VERY close, but not identical. Even the initial FOM CGI version and the physical FOM show car are slightly different from each other (look at the nose). If F1/FOM cared, (and especially if the 3D model were "exactly" the same... as if stolen from F1/FOM), they might pursue Yellow Images (or even a customer like Rich Energy). But with the image being close, but not the same AND the fact that the hypothetical car is built to a spec, anyone who makes something similar can say they were building a hypothetical car to that same spec? Maybe F1/FOM actually feel what Yellow Images is doing actually helps the goals of F1/FOM (getting images of the new cars out into the public)

And to my point above. I can imagine that any existing team, if they are looking to try to do "what if" livery images, they would use their own 3D model vs. something someone else did. If anything, for the exact reasons Rich Energy was exposed to be slapping something together just to generate some talk. IMHO, it would just look amateurish for a regular team to use cheap stock images/3D models and pass them off as their own car. Or maybe if you are an existing respected F1 player nobody would care? Especially as the "real" 2022 cars remain hidden.

But for Rich Energy, which has an abysmal reputation in F1, it shows that it is them trying to just generate some talks via what is highly likely a totally bogus claim of some type of 2022 sponsorship deal. Especially one that implies a title level sponsorship in which the color, logo, etc. would be predominantly Rich Energy.

Richard
Old 1 Nov 2021, 19:48 (Ref:4080991)   #641
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
It’s probably best you announce a sponsor deal with an F1 team before you produce a mockup. It’s easier that way. But Rich Energy seem to think they will do F1 with their own team, which I’m still yet to be convinced by. They are just trying to get more publicity for themselves. When they start announcing personnel, I might start to believe them

It would be nice to have one or two new teams in F1, but we haven’t heard anything. So no sign of any new team entering in 2022, not even Rich Energy. I won’t hold my breath. I feel more sorry for the teams that have had to pull out since 2010

So I can’t take Rich Energy’s claims seriously. I have always said they seem to care more about publicity than anything else. Anyone can use Yellow Image to mock up a car, most just use it as a bit of fun no doubt. We should only believe it when we see it

You’re right Richard, it seems just to be another way to put eyes on them, but without any substance. So I would be amazed to see them in F1 again
Old 1 Nov 2021, 20:26 (Ref:4080994)   #642
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
exactly...advertising is about getting people to look at and talk about your product and companies spend a lot of money to do this and likewise other companies spend a lot to protect others from using their platform against exploitation.

so it is difficult for me to imagine this scenario where Rich Energy have found a loophole which allows them to exploit F1 for free. its begs the question of why more companies/products are not doing this then right?

this is literally a sport that does not like showing old races/heritage in part because they dont want to give past and former sponsors free advertising. their entire advertising model rests on this limited time exclusivity.

anyways, im surprised FOM isnt fighting back against this more if for no other reason then to stop any others idiot companies from taking advantage of FOM/team trademarks copyrights etc. this is where my disconcert is coming from
Old 1 Nov 2021, 22:58 (Ref:4081014)   #643
Richard C
Veteran

Quote:
anyways, im surprised FOM isnt fighting back against this more if for no other reason then to stop any others idiot companies from taking advantage of FOM/team trademarks copyrights etc. this is where my disconcert is coming from
What exactly did Rich Energy say in their tweet? The text "Chapter 2 #RichEnergy" with partial image of a formula car that we think is modeled off the example 2022 car. No mention of F1 at all. It is all of us connecting the dots (as intended) and linking this to F1 and 2022. Even then, maybe F1/FOM doesn't care to give Rich Energy any new oxygen by extending this story and creating even more free press.

I think the general advice you see in Internet threads applies to thoughts of responding to Rich Energy (especially social media posts) by anyone of significance (F1 teams, F1/FOM, FIA, etc.) And that is "Don't feed the troll"

Richard
Old 2 Nov 2021, 15:03 (Ref:4081136)   #644
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post
It is all of us connecting the dots (as intended) and linking this to F1 and 2022. Even then, maybe F1/FOM doesn't care to give Rich Energy any new oxygen by extending this story and creating even more free press.
thats fair. and simple explanations tend to be the best ones.

i still think its weird though!
Old 2 Nov 2021, 18:02 (Ref:4081174)   #645
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post
What exactly did Rich Energy say in their tweet? The text "Chapter 2 #RichEnergy" with partial image of a formula car that we think is modeled off the example 2022 car. No mention of F1 at all. It is all of us connecting the dots (as intended) and linking this to F1 and 2022. Even then, maybe F1/FOM doesn't care to give Rich Energy any new oxygen by extending this story and creating even more free press.

I think the general advice you see in Internet threads applies to thoughts of responding to Rich Energy (especially social media posts) by anyone of significance (F1 teams, F1/FOM, FIA, etc.) And that is "Don't feed the troll"

Richard
Latest tweet text:

Some exclusive F1 content being released tomorrow. Exciting developments for our team #RichEnergy #Chapter2 #F1
Old 2 Nov 2021, 18:09 (Ref:4081176)   #646
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I've just seen that too. One party will have egg on their face very soon - either Rich Energy or us Keyboard Warriors.

You know, I don't think it's going to be us!

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk
Old 2 Nov 2021, 18:43 (Ref:4081181)   #647
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Rich Energy to be sold in vending machines at Formula 1 Autocentres?
Mr Storey has bought a grandstand ticket for the next British GP?
Someone in BriSCA F1 has agreed to carry a sticker on the front bumper?
Old 3 Nov 2021, 18:05 (Ref:4081331)   #648
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
With our return we want to make fans central to the team and make the sport more accessible. The Rich Energy F1 fanzone launches on 01.12.21 #RichEnergy #Chapter2 #F1 https://t.co/YINvT27zkE
Old 3 Nov 2021, 18:27 (Ref:4081333)   #649
S griffin
Veteran

Still no news on drivers, personnel, engine supplier. Just more promises that are a load of hot air. We wait for any substance on this news
Old 3 Nov 2021, 20:04 (Ref:4081355)   #650
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
With our return we want to make fans central to the team and make the sport more accessible. The Rich Energy F1 fanzone launches on 01.12.21 #RichEnergy #Chapter2 #F1 https://t.co/YINvT27zkE
So him and another dude at a card table outside the track giving away samples?