Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 9 Mar 2010, 09:18 (Ref:2647996)   #1
fomoco
Veteran

Australia
Bris Vages southside
fomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridfomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
An evening with Tim

Just wondering who has raced out and brought a ticket to "An evening to celebrate Tim Schenken's contribution to motorsport".

I would rather listen to grass grow, watch paint dry, may even watch golf on 7.

After last years QR round, this man is low on the list for anything.
Old 9 Mar 2010, 10:10 (Ref:2648024)   #2
Rob Bailey
Veteran

Rob Bailey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob Bailey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by fomoco View Post
Just wondering who has raced out and brought a ticket to "An evening to celebrate Tim Schenken's contribution to motorsport".

Big pass,not into public servents.
Old 9 Mar 2010, 10:49 (Ref:2648049)   #3
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid

Last edited by DAVID PATERSON; 9 Mar 2010 at 10:51. Reason: .
Old 9 Mar 2010, 10:59 (Ref:2648058)   #4
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Well, he may not get it right all the time and he may not be everyone's fave on here, but Tim deserves recognition for having been there, done that & being competitive.

The UK magazine "Motor Sport" which really is probably the best racing magazine there is (for the purist anyway) only a few months ago spent 5 or so pages (favourably) on Tim's career.

He's driven with success for BRM, Brabham, Ferrari, and Jaguar amongst many others in F1, sports cars & touring cars. His drives came on merit and he got there the hard way - not riding on someone else's coat tails. A very different man to Larry Perkins but there are a lot of similarities in their respective overseas racing careers. He's been a race car constructor and is well regarded within the FIA.

He had a lot to do with getting F1 here in the first place & planning how the GP was run here and I'd dare say that he's had a bit to do with keeping it here as well.

He deserves credit for that - and to be honest probably more respect than some give him on here.
Old 9 Mar 2010, 19:47 (Ref:2648462)   #5
Trevor
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
Trevor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There you are Tim, you have at least ONE supporter - LOL
Old 9 Mar 2010, 23:56 (Ref:2648612)   #6
RotorFan
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
RotorFan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What is this thread about? I'm too distracted by fomoco's avatar...

Fabrizio Giovanardi: I have like a banana - is the yellow car in front - that make me, you know, running like the monkey, running for the banana. When I see yellow in front, I just pushing harder and harder. I want that banana.
Old 10 Mar 2010, 00:56 (Ref:2648627)   #7
stoned pony
Veteran

Vanuatu
Chained to my desk
stoned pony should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by fomoco View Post

With the greatest respect, fomoco, it is highly likely that Tim Schenken has done a lot more with his life than you have with yours.
Old 10 Mar 2010, 05:14 (Ref:2648680)   #8
david5
Racer

Australia
Coonabarabran NSW
david5 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I, for one think it would be a highly entertaining night out. There are not too many Australian racers who have achieved what TS has.
Old 10 Mar 2010, 06:09 (Ref:2648689)   #9
Trevor
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
Trevor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Legendary status as the best ever Race Director for the world famous V8 Supercars

Oh and didn't he do something with the other Black Wiggle event, what is called again, oh yeah F1 - the game for prima-donna's
Old 10 Mar 2010, 08:26 (Ref:2648735)   #10
fomoco
Veteran

Australia
Bris Vages southside
fomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridfomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoned pony View Post
With the greatest respect, fomoco, it is highly likely that Tim Schenken has done a lot more with his life than you have with yours.
if you have a spare weekend I will tell you what I have done, something that only a few people have ever done, and If you TS is going well, then good luck. He was a lucky man last year, I wonder if will happen again.
Old 10 Mar 2010, 15:53 (Ref:2648968)   #11
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Putting aside all the V8Supercar race director business, it would be a good evening i think. I'd love to hear some of his stories from the less obvious stuff he has done, like his time in Sportscars with Ferrari, or his involvement in the works Jaguar's in the ETCC in 1976 and 1977

The article in 'Motorsport' from a few issues back, "Lunch with..." by Simon Taylor, is a very good read (actually as all Simon's articles in that series have been)
Old 10 Mar 2010, 21:25 (Ref:2649174)   #12
PVDA
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
PVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Trev View Post
There you are Tim, you have at least ONE supporter - LOL
Having listened to a few of Tim's stories over the years it could well be an interesting night.
Old 10 Mar 2010, 22:31 (Ref:2649221)   #13
Rachel Richards
Racer

Wake Island
In a small house by the sea
Rachel Richards should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by PVDA View Post
Having listened to a few of Tim's stories over the years it could well be an interesting night.
As one of Tim's (occasional) detractors, it saddens me to admit it, but yes Paul, it would be a very interesting night.

As a race director/administrator Tim is oft maligned (sometimes with good reason
), but when you take in his history as a racer & constructor, his achievements need to be acknowledged.

Big-Trev, very occasionally, we need to leave the politics out of things, and yes I acknowledge I'm guilty of that at times too.
Old 11 Mar 2010, 10:32 (Ref:2649483)   #14
billy bigtime
Veteran

Australia
Simon McNamaras egg farm.
billy bigtime has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Let's get Skaifey involved and turn it into a sleep fest.
Old 12 Mar 2010, 08:51 (Ref:2650155)   #15
fomoco
Veteran

Australia
Bris Vages southside
OK, don't go overboard here, just remeber this:

The measure of a man is one who does his own bidding.
TS may have done like Larry, Vern, Alan, etc

but for the last years he stays behind closed doors and has others do his bidding.

so, if he can't do his own bidding, where is the measure of the man?