Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 2 Nov 2005, 10:01 (Ref:1450232)   #1
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Appendix K FIA tin top racing 2006

With Carol Spagg's new series announced for under 2 litre cars to run along Top Hat and the FIA Championship its should be a busy season and a demand for these cars has started!
I know of one London based historic Car Dealer/Racer who has bought a BMW 1800 in the last few weeks, I have just bought the Lanfranchi Lotus Cortina and I know several others looking. So amongst the 10Tenthers who will be racing in these series? Zef will be snapping at the heels of the LC's in his ever more developed (but FIA Legal before I get an abusive email from him!!!) Cortina GT what about the rest of you?
Old 2 Nov 2005, 11:26 (Ref:1450307)   #2
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
moi . . .abusive, the thoughts never *&%£*%$ crossed my mind

those BMW's are pretty quick, I didn't think they ever where in period though, possibly on the continent but they where very expensive cars here.

It'll be very interesting to see how the calenders pan out, theres a lot of choice, and theres sure to be clashes as bot JT and CS go to the same places at the same time on occaisions.

I'd like to do Spa, Brands and Dijon at least please
Old 2 Nov 2005, 11:41 (Ref:1450318)   #3
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
well if they end up at the same meetings it could be very good for us as we get double value for money! Do you think the BMW will be quicker than the GTA's and Lotus Cortina's? Is there another possible contender (apart from Mini's in the wet!)
Old 2 Nov 2005, 14:26 (Ref:1450448)   #4
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
I don't think they should be Simon, but some I've seen are. depends on prep and legality as always

it'll be an interesting day if we have 2 x 1hr races in one day . . . it'll kepe your spanners warm for a start !