Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 4 Jul 2007, 01:23 (Ref:1953840)   #11
pottiella
Veteran

pottiella should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Gt_R, you misunderstand in which context I used those words. It is not me saying that they are in any way setting Stepney up, and he's being victimised...because like I also said, I wouldn't even begin to speculate who is in the right or wrong without knowing much...but its taking into consideration that he has not been happy at Ferrari, and Ferrari have made it quite clear that Stepney is still under contract with them and will not be leaving, despite the fact Stepney has been so vocal about his discontent with Ferrari.

Now given that they cannot have been happy with him about all that, which no doubt extends further than a few quotes and statements we've heard from Stepney and Ferrari about the discontentment (else it wouldn't have surfaced to that extent in the first place), well even if every allegation is true, it would be naive to think that a giant like Ferrari wouldn't want to make a meal of him (ie "destroy"..meaning make life extremely difficult for him) through this situation when there was clearly some dissatisfaction with him from before. Thus, yes, rightly or wrongly, it APPEARS that he is being targetted with vigour (by what the sequence of events I mentioned before, fuels the fire), and that they will not want him to get off so easily.

Like I said, naive to think this would not be the case, but perhaps also cynical to suggest it to be the case. As for McLaren though, well that goes deeper into the actual allegations rather than Stepney's already-strained relationship with Ferrari, which is what I have been referring to.