Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 27 Sep 2011, 15:40 (Ref:2961718)   #101
lemansfan
Veteran

Germany
westernmost District of Germany
lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!
The Organizer from the Support Race is Motor Racing Legends . Will go on Thursday evening to Le Mans to visit my Friends . On Saturday I meet a Friend which has very good Connections to Historic Racing . Maybe he can find something out for next Years Support Race .
Old 27 Sep 2011, 19:12 (Ref:2961792)   #102
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NelisB View Post
That is also a underrated era in Le Mans. I for one would love to see 917's and 935's...

+1 for me too.

Then I'd like to see the GT1s (Porsche, Toyota, McLaren....) but I guess it's way too early yet for those......
Old 28 Sep 2011, 19:06 (Ref:2962258)   #103
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
dwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Anyone got any idea when ACO members get to purchase tickets this year (after last years, errm, fiasco) ?
Old 29 Sep 2011, 10:40 (Ref:2962469)   #104
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwh43scale View Post
Anyone got any idea when ACO members get to purchase tickets this year (after last years, errm, fiasco) ?
I did not have any problem with purchasing my tickets as ACO member last year, what has gone wrong with your purchase?
Old 29 Sep 2011, 21:19 (Ref:2962717)   #105
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
dwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The fact that the previous reservation system meant you could get seats in the ACO tribune. With the new systyem they were all gone on the first day ...
Old 1 Oct 2011, 18:11 (Ref:2963666)   #106
lemansfan
Veteran

Germany
westernmost District of Germany
lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!
See today the provisional Calender from Group C GTP Racing 2012 . They will do the Support Race for next Year !!!
Old 1 Oct 2011, 18:51 (Ref:2963724)   #107
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemansfan View Post
See today the provisional Calender from Group C GTP Racing 2012 . They will do the Support Race for next Year !!!
Great news! Can't wait to see what turns up. Possibly a Pug 905 (also 20 year anniversary btw), some Lancia's possibly? Merc C291? Exciting stuff.
Old 3 Oct 2011, 17:34 (Ref:2965073)   #108
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
just the news we need, group C cars are the cars from the time I started to go to le mans so they will always be my favorites
Old 5 Oct 2011, 09:26 (Ref:2966009)   #109
NelisB
Veteran

Netherlands
Deventer
NelisB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great news indeed. Would love to see the c11 again and such. They were great in 2008 so I hope there are some new additions.
Old 5 Oct 2011, 10:56 (Ref:2966040)   #110
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
I saw on the website of GroupC racing that for next year team Zakspeed is preparing a Ford C100 and a Ford Porobe IMSA GTP car.
Old 9 Oct 2011, 19:47 (Ref:2968221)   #111
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobster View Post
I saw on the website of GroupC racing that for next year team Zakspeed is preparing a Ford C100 and a Ford Porobe IMSA GTP car.
A C100 would be great to see - less sure about the Probe, although that would at least have a degree of novelty value.
Old 10 Oct 2011, 08:27 (Ref:2968483)   #112
NelisB
Veteran

Netherlands
Deventer
NelisB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemansfan View Post
Do you know where I can find the calendar?
Old 10 Oct 2011, 11:09 (Ref:2968594)   #113
Pilgrim1975
Rookie

Pilgrim1975 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll be going to La Sarthe next year and will be booking my ferry tickets a week tomorrow. Living near Plymouth is quite an advantage, especially as I'm a pedestrian petrolhead (I wrote the section in the Club Arnage Guide about going on foot) especially on the way home when I'm tired and hungry and just want a proper bath and big meal and some sleep.
Old 10 Oct 2011, 11:15 (Ref:2968599)   #114
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Welcome to Tenths Pilgrim!
Old 10 Oct 2011, 12:11 (Ref:2968644)   #115
Pilgrim1975
Rookie

Thanks Aysedasi, it's nice to be here, especially as the site has a section on old school racers and racing. I'm very into the racing from the 50's and 60's so that's definitely a bonus.
Old 10 Oct 2011, 17:16 (Ref:2968780)   #116
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
It's the place to be, particularly from April onwards....!
Old 11 Oct 2011, 16:37 (Ref:2969404)   #117
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilgrim1975 View Post
I'll be going to La Sarthe next year and will be booking my ferry tickets a week tomorrow. Living near Plymouth is quite an advantage, especially as I'm a pedestrian petrolhead (I wrote the section in the Club Arnage Guide about going on foot) especially on the way home when I'm tired and hungry and just want a proper bath and big meal and some sleep.
welcome to the forum pilgrim, most of the regulars are also on CA and beermountain so you might recognise a few names, surprised you still do the annual trip without a car.
Old 12 Oct 2011, 09:27 (Ref:2969786)   #118
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
But you'll find the atmosphere here in the Le Mans sub-forum perhaps a little different from CA - I like to think of it as slightly more.... relaxed......
Old 12 Oct 2011, 12:59 (Ref:2969898)   #119
racerkeke
Veteran

Canada
The Great Green North
racerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
But you'll find the atmosphere here in the Le Mans sub-forum perhaps a little different from CA - I like to think of it as slightly more.... relaxed......
He says that NOW, but just wait until the countdown starts.
keke
Old 12 Oct 2011, 16:48 (Ref:2970005)   #120
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
or someone mentions rain
Old 12 Oct 2011, 16:59 (Ref:2970011)   #121
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Now you're winding me up........
Old 16 Oct 2011, 14:46 (Ref:2971939)   #122
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
I think its safe to say , I'll be looking forward to two nice cool beers from Ayse and Mr.B next year at Le Mans .

Im delighted to be getting something for free ..... for a change , woohoo .

I'll bring something special too , how about that ?

Whatever happened to the days when I returned from Le Mans with a red neck and peeling ears ..... miss them days .
Old 18 Oct 2011, 15:26 (Ref:2973313)   #123
Number7
Racer

Denmark
Copenhagen
Number7 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Tickets will be on sale for ACO members from November 7 - if you are buing directly from ACO. Non members will have to wait until November 21.
Old 18 Oct 2011, 21:19 (Ref:2973517)   #124
Pilgrim1975
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
welcome to the forum pilgrim, most of the regulars are also on CA and beermountain so you might recognise a few names, surprised you still do the annual trip without a car.
Well, I'm not allowed a licence because of bad eyesight so pootling over on foot with a house on my back is the only option. A lot of people think it's odd that someone who's never even driven a car should be such an ardent petrolhead, but I've been a Le Mans nut since I first saw it on the BBC in 1988 (when the Silk Cats got the cream) and I'm mad about the history of racing as well, so as Le Mans is the last of the great European road races (now that the Targa Florio and Mille Miglia are long gone) it's always a special moment when I'm arriving at La Sarthe on the train.

Roll on next June, I say. The ferry tickets are paid for now and all that remains is to scrape together the spending money and buy a camping permit and entry ticket in November. Also, I find planning the trip there and back is all part of the fun for me as well.
Old 20 Oct 2011, 11:43 (Ref:2974254)   #125
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I know what you mean. I've been to Le Mans three times, all of which with public transport (I have also been to Monza and Zandvoort via planes and trains). I'm was something of a "late in life" learner (passed my driving test at 24 earlier this year), so I had no choice. I had my license and my first car in time for the 2011 Le Mans, but I took the planes again as I wasn't ready for a Euro road trip.

It's a challenge, it's expensive, it's hard work... but it's quite a feeling when you arrive at your campsite, get your tent all set up and lie down for the first time all day.

I'm going to take my car for my next trip to La Sarthe though... whenever that is.