Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 18 May 2013, 05:04 (Ref:3249215)   #26
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Heading off to Sillystone soon, I hope to bring the current Wiltshire sunshine with me
Old 18 May 2013, 06:29 (Ref:3249225)   #27
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by brands View Post
Heading off to Sillystone soon, I hope to bring the current Wiltshire sunshine with me
Wow, just looked at BBC TV forecast (that I trust implicitly) and it's looking dry with possibility of some sun for both days. Well done Brands, if you are in garages area (national) come in so can thanks! Think we are 11c, you'll find two of the three SLRs together. I'll be fettling the red one. There may be some shuffling about as apparently a Morgan mag is coming to do a photo shoot of the three cars together. Probably when have got all the wheels off and car on stands.......
Old 18 May 2013, 06:52 (Ref:3249227)   #28
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
We'll be up around mid morning. Will pop in to say hi.
Old 18 May 2013, 07:08 (Ref:3249232)   #29
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Wow, just looked at BBC TV forecast (that I trust implicitly) and it's looking dry with possibility of some sun for both days. Well done Brands, if you are in garages area (national) come in so can thanks! Think we are 11c, you'll find two of the three SLRs together. I'll be fettling the red one. There may be some shuffling about as apparently a Morgan mag is coming to do a photo shoot of the three cars together. Probably when have got all the wheels off and car on stands.......
What on earth is Simon thinking of .....?
Old 18 May 2013, 07:25 (Ref:3249238)   #30
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
What on earth is Simon thinking of .....?
Better come and ask him!

Old 18 May 2013, 09:46 (Ref:3249282)   #31
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Better come and ask him!

Be sure I will, mate.
Old 18 May 2013, 16:55 (Ref:3249462)   #32
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Enjoyed day one, good racing, big grids and most of circuit to myself.
The forecast for tomorrow is warmer and a chance of seeing the sun.

Old 18 May 2013, 17:26 (Ref:3249475)   #33
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
First lap of G T &S C should be interesting as Abarth starting from back of grid.
Can boy do more than eleven on first lap.
Old 18 May 2013, 18:14 (Ref:3249481)   #34
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by john ruston View Post
First lap of G T &S C should be interesting as Abarth starting from back of grid.
Can boy do more than eleven on first lap.
Non working transponder?

We've had a good day, Car working well and joy to drive on a circuit that isn't one of my favourites! Chatted to lots of people, including several tenthers.

Roll on tomorrow......
Old 18 May 2013, 18:24 (Ref:3249483)   #35
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Although unable to race, it was good to see the cars in action. Had a good chat with Mike who was hustling the red Morgan SLR. Was greeted with a Delta bear hug, finally met Mrs Delta. Iain was sharing Colin's E Type, nice to say hello to him too. Met Chigley and had a chat to Dave Thompson. Finally had bacon and eggs for breakfast.

Here's a picture of someone who was enjoying himself.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_2535_edited-2.jpg  
Old 18 May 2013, 19:55 (Ref:3249525)   #36
Gary Critcher
Racer

England
London, England, UK
Gary Critcher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
here's a few pics from today.

Old 18 May 2013, 21:28 (Ref:3249569)   #37
bauble
Veteran

England

Here is someone trying very hard.
Old 19 May 2013, 06:38 (Ref:3249676)   #38
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post

Here is someone trying very hard.
Looks like Dave Beresford in Guards race. Retired after 8 laps.

Woke up to clear blue skies this morning although has clouded up a bit. Shorts it is then!

The 3 SLRs caused chaos in the pitlane yesterday as an impromptu photo shoot was attempted- successfully- just as the lane went 'live' for Martini race. Luckily we still got everything done on Simon's car before qualifying!

You about today, then Bob?
Old 19 May 2013, 19:41 (Ref:3250012)   #39
brands
Veteran

Enjoyed the weekend.
Preferred the grids yesterday over the mostly single seater ones today but the weather today was an improvement.

Took far too many photos, so will work through them during the week.
Old 19 May 2013, 19:43 (Ref:3250014)   #40
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Am sure from how busy the paddock was today that the International Trophy meeting was another success for the HSCC. From the smiling faces around Delta truck after the afternoon FJ race that must have been a good one. Hope to hear reports!

Unfortunately the GT&SCC race result for us was not the one we were hoping for. Simon started the car and drove extremely well before coming in to hand over at 30 minutes. The rules allow 'quick as you can' driver changes and we are not the quickest, but certainly not that slow. The car felt great and on 2nd lap I caught up with the Ross-Jones TR at Vale as it caught an Elite. The result was 3 abreast onto the new pit straight with SLR on the inside and past. Then with clear track in front and Peter Horsman in the aluminium SLR in sight I was looking forward to some fast laps, but suddenly half way round Copse there was a loud bang and the car spun violently, fortunately without going into the gravel, and during the girations I spotted the left rear wheel rolling into the boondocks. Broken half shaft.... Amazingly the car finished up still on the tarmac run off pointing in the right direction with engine still running. But it just wasn't going to go anywhere!

So a DNF, and I don't like them. Must say thanks to the marshals and rescue crew for their efficient work moving the car to safety so that the race could continue with waved yellows only. Great job as ever!

So some fast work needed to get car sorted for Monza. Lucky it wasn't entered for Brands this coming weekend.........
Old 19 May 2013, 19:46 (Ref:3250016)   #41
DaveGT6
Veteran

England
Langford, Beds.
DaveGT6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Had a great day on Saturday with the Grantura in Guards GT. Good to bump into Peter |Mallet in the paddock diner but only had time for a quick chat. The weather was kind although the Australian contingent who were next to us in the paddock were suffering from a lack of thermals as our British spring weather was somewhat colder than they had anticipated!

Iain looked all hyped up ready to take over in the E-Type - he was jumping up and down on the spot to get the adrenaline going!

Great meeting as ever - the sausage sarnies for breakfast and the Victoria sponge for afternoon tea in the hospitality make for such a civilised event.
Old 19 May 2013, 20:18 (Ref:3250040)   #42
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Sometimes life not fair as I know how much you were looking forward to the race this weekend Mike.
We were all loaded up Thursday in good time but I was worried about E Type on the trailer so I kipped in truck Thursday night , Friday morning 5 am and I fell out of truck and smashed my foot on the ground " ouch". Been hobling all weekend. Move on a few hours and the Lovelly Lola F 5000 we run is smashed to pieces.Mortified as I was going to have a run in the afternoon. Driver O K but car going to need some Delta TLC. BTW Mrs Delta moaning like F--K ATM as I am away every weekend now till Christmas "slight exageration". any way I said she could come and see me and sure enough she did along with Miss Delta and her mate. Have too say it was nice to have her along.
Right then, E Type with Colin, and the lad is driving very well these days,keeping me on my toes we qualified 28th out of not sure but loads of cars. Colin had a good start and ran strong for the first half of race handed over to me and brought her home too 17th overall 2nd in class so job well done.Next stop Snetterton 3 hour. Best part of the race apart from diceing with Mustangs,Cobra's,Light weight E Types was the slowing down lap to be greeted by Mr and Mrs Mallet jumping up and down in the stands waving ,Thanks Pat and Pete I was well chuffed..
We had three "fit it again tomorrow " cars in FJ race today and do you know what they all finnished with our very own Compte Micheal de Graves winning the class.
Finally Richard Owen's Galaxie was out after we have done some work on the engine for him,poor old Richard we were busy getting the juniors ready after Qualifiying and Richard came running up too the truck saying "the Galaxie would not start" he had missed most of pratice I jumped on the bike down too assembly area swore at car just like Basil she burst in to life Richard puffing away got him strapped in and away for a couple of laps too qualify.
Forgot too say waved at Chiggley on my way out after taking over from Colin total ignor!!!! WTF
Have too say the comradmanship " sorry Peter I guess I have spelt that wrong " with 10/10ths is fantastic around the paddock,Thank you all who came by too say hello and sorry for being rude when Ive been busy.
So Brands next week see you there.
Old 19 May 2013, 21:04 (Ref:3250079)   #43
Kevin Cooke
Rookie

United Kingdom
London SW1
Kevin Cooke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
great weekend quailed on class pole for HS2 in the Martini but finished class 2nd on Saturday but a class win today.....1st class win since my Dubai karting days in the the 80's.....role on Brands Hatch Superprix.

Regards to all

Kevin
Old 19 May 2013, 21:19 (Ref:3250093)   #44
mscott
Rookie

United Kingdom
hampshire
mscott should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We had a great weekend in the little ac acceca finishing 18th overall and second in class on saturday. A good championship and becoming very popular for all the grids. Enjoyed the gt stuff too.
Old 19 May 2013, 21:45 (Ref:3250118)   #45
Gary Critcher
Racer

England
London, England, UK
Gary Critcher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
you ask for a TVR? You got it..............

Old 20 May 2013, 05:35 (Ref:3250263)   #46
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Sometimes life not fair as I know how much you were looking forward to the race this weekend Mike.

Forgot too say waved at Chigley on my way out after taking over from Colin total ignor!!!! WTF
Same here Iain! Bloody Porsche drivers........ BTW Ian (chigley) told me why the Porker Safety Car didn't have roof lights. Hope he will tell the story on here.

Thanks for the commiserations. I was (and still am) so disappointed I just wanted to switch telly on when got home and watch soaps for the rest of my life.....
Old 20 May 2013, 06:32 (Ref:3250284)   #47
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Placed in the rear window? Funny thing about the SLR at Donington,had a few d rivers say that the lights went out twice on a lap,it was the rear air brake coming up and obstructing them!
Old 20 May 2013, 07:55 (Ref:3250331)   #48
dikko
Veteran

United Kingdom
Herts
dikko should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not too big a problem with Formula Fords - we're not high enough to see anyway!

Brilliant site of a 36-strongl rolling grid of them at the start. Anyone have a photo for our newsletter by any chance?

Update for our race at the Silverstone Classic, we now have 48 entries, get a bigger course car maybe?
Old 20 May 2013, 08:19 (Ref:3250346)   #49
compte deGraves
Veteran

France
Charente, France
compte deGraves should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcompte deGraves should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Alan Morgan and the Delta Team working hard on the car. First in Class and fastest lap. Brilliant preparation from Iain and the whole of the Delta Team.
Attached Thumbnails
003.jpg  

Last edited by compte deGraves; 20 May 2013 at 08:23. Reason: Typo
Old 20 May 2013, 08:44 (Ref:3250357)   #50
356sc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Camberley
356sc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Thanks for the commiserations. I was (and still am) so disappointed I just wanted to switch telly on when got home and watch soaps for the rest of my life.....
Mike...sorry to hear and see the outcome.....the SLR looked stunning, and every time I looked up (we were in the 356 sharing your pit garage) you were either tinkering or polishing! Fingers crossed that all will be well for Monza!
60s endurance 1965 356sc #49
Mag 7's #60