Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 9 Mar 2015, 18:28 (Ref:3513385)   #551
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
For me
Le mans 24h
Spa 6h
Silverstone 6h
Daytona 24h
Petit Le mans
Old 9 Mar 2015, 18:29 (Ref:3513386)   #552
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
For all motor sport events
Replace Petit with Spa GP
Old 9 Mar 2015, 18:44 (Ref:3513388)   #553
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
For TV:

Bathurst 12H
Le Mans 24 Hours
Spa 6 Hours
Fuji 6 Hours
CoTA 6 Hours.

It's all about the WEC for me - but I love watching Bathurst on TV, and I'd love to go there.

5 events in general:
Le Mans 24 Hours
Monaco GP
Indy 500
Bathurst 12 Hours
Nurburgring 24 Hours
Old 9 Mar 2015, 18:50 (Ref:3513391)   #554
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Good question. Here's my take on sportscar events:

1) Le Mans 24h
2) Nurburgring 24h
3) Suzuka 1000km
4) Bathurst 12h
5) Sebring 12h

And for general motorsport, the top 3 are immutable but 4th and 5th become:

4) An F1 race (if you pushed me to pick Montreal would be my choice, but Spa/Suzuka/Interlagos are equal spectacles to me)
5) Indianapolis 500

Last edited by J Jay; 9 Mar 2015 at 19:05.
Old 9 Mar 2015, 18:56 (Ref:3513394)   #555
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
Le Mans 24h
Nurburgring 24h
Spa 24h
BES Monza
Petit Le Mans

For motorsport in general, I would consider removing the last two to add in:
Rally Sweden
Rally Monte Carlo

Tough call on which two rallies.
Old 9 Mar 2015, 21:20 (Ref:3513450)   #556
Beryl
Veteran

Beryl should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBeryl should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Le Mans 24
Nurburgring 24
Spa 24
Super GT Round 7 (Autopolis)
BES Round 1 (Monza)
Old 9 Mar 2015, 21:31 (Ref:3513454)   #557
Starfish Primer
Veteran

Spain
A Spaniard in Milton Keynes
Starfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStarfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStarfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Uff, If I have to go to events I would choose:

Le Mans 24hr
Petit Le Mans
Daytona 500
Indianapolis 500
Monza GP
DTM at Norisring
Montecarlo rally
Portugal rally
Macau F3
Bathurst 1000
St Ursanne Hillclimb
Turismo Carretera at Rafaela.

And I cannot decide the 5.
Old 9 Mar 2015, 21:48 (Ref:3513465)   #558
Giba
Racer

United Kingdom
Leeds
Giba should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oooh tough question but will give it a go,

Sportscar
Le Mans 24 Hours
Silverstone 6 hours
Spa 6 Hours
Spa 24
Nurburgring 24

Only a couple of years ago I would of included Petit and Sebring and hopefully in a couple of years I will feel the same way again but not at the moment.

For motorsport generally, I would take out the bottom two and replace them with the Indy 500 and the British gp (only if at Silverstone as although it sounds cheesy, when I watch it at Silverstone it makes me proud to come from Northampton)
Old 10 Mar 2015, 03:23 (Ref:3513541)   #559
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
I cant choose only 5. I wish the whole of WEC and Super GT were shown. Favorites I guess would be 6hr of Spa, Nurburgring and Fuji, Suzuka 1000km and N24. I didn't include 24hr of Le Mans because its already on tv!
Old 10 Mar 2015, 11:12 (Ref:3513632)   #560
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
I didn't include 24hr of Le Mans because its already on tv!
That doesn't matter, it was about five events in any way you choose to follow them.

Interesting lists people
Old 10 Mar 2015, 12:20 (Ref:3513652)   #561
Flem
Rookie

United Kingdom
Leamington Spa
Flem should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Excellent question, mine would have to be:

1) Le Mans 24h
2) Suzuka 1000km
3) Petit Le Mans
4) Bathurst 12h
5) Silverstone 6h

Might as well get a few airmiles

Very hard to choose just 5
Old 11 Mar 2015, 05:50 (Ref:3513944)   #562
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
That doesn't matter, it was about five events in any way you choose to follow them.

Interesting lists people
It was a joke. Since none of the others are on tv Id follow them. LM can be dvr'ed while the others cant, but its obviously the must-see race of the year!
Old 18 Mar 2015, 18:22 (Ref:3516878)   #563
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
1. Le Mans 24h
2-4. Spa 24h
2-4. Bathurst 12h
2-4. Nurb 24h
5. A rerun of an ALMS Sebring 12h. New versions aren't exactly "top five" anything material.

New thought:
There's a common trend of preferring to relive past eras in motorsport, or referring to them as the golden era. The current era is really starting to be put into perspective as an actual great era thanks to the dimming light at the end of the P2/American prototype racing tunnel.

It's easy to see what sportscar racing may become, and hopefully we can contrast that with what we have now. It'll help us not take this time for granted when it's gone.
Old 18 Mar 2015, 19:03 (Ref:3516886)   #564
Pandemonium
Racer

Pandemonium has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
1. 6 hours of Fuji.
2. 6 hours of Sao Paolo.
3. 6 hours of Spa.
4. 24 hours of Le Mans.
5. 6 hours of Shanghai.
Old 18 Mar 2015, 20:19 (Ref:3516911)   #565
crooky
Racer

crooky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcrooky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
For me
Le mans 24h
Spa 6h
Silverstone 6h
Daytona 24h
Petit Le mans
Pretty much the same. Maybe swap Sebring for Spa that's all.
Old 18 Mar 2015, 20:36 (Ref:3516917)   #566
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
1. Le Mans 24H
2. Silverstone 6H
3. Nurburgring 24H
4. Spa 24H
5. Dubai 24H

Dubai might seem an odd one (I don't think anyone else has mentioned it so far) but I've really enjoyed watching it over the last couple of years.

As for motorsports overall, I'd add the Indy 500 and F1 at... Montreal probably, in place of Spa and Dubai 24 hour races.
Old 31 Mar 2015, 11:55 (Ref:3522195)   #567
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Let's play another stupid game! In the world of WEC, how would you put the following 15 items in order of importance so that first has the most priority, and last the fewest. You know in terms of PR for the outside world or whatever criteria you use. Not how you wish they'd be, but how you feel they are in reality right now. These apply to all classes in order to make it more clear

Winning the WEC manufacturers/teams championship or endurance trophy
Winning the WEC drivers championship or endurance trophy
Winning ALL 6 hour WEC races
Winning 'majority' of 6 hour WEC races
Winning single 6 hour WEC race
Podium at 6 hour WEC race
Pole position at 6 hour WEC race
Winning Le Mans
Podium at Le Mans
Top 5 final result at Le Mans
Top 10 (overall) final result at Le Mans
Finishing the race at Le Mans
Pole position at Le Mans
Fastest morning warm-up lap Le Mans
Fastest lap during Le Mans Test Day

I'll put out my order shortly
Old 31 Mar 2015, 12:07 (Ref:3522208)   #568
Deleted
Veteran

Mine... I think

Winning Le Mans
Podium at Le Mans
Pole position at Le Mans

LM pole and top10 may be transferable. And the bottom 2 I suppose

Last edited by Deleted; 31 Mar 2015 at 12:14.
Old 31 Mar 2015, 14:12 (Ref:3522271)   #569
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Spyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Here's mine:
Winning Le Mans
Podium at Le Mans
Pole position at Le Mans
Old 31 Mar 2015, 14:17 (Ref:3522273)   #570
Bandicoot17
Veteran

United Kingdom
Birmingham
Bandicoot17 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Winning Le Mans
Podium at Le Mans
Pole position at Le Mans
Old 31 Mar 2015, 14:29 (Ref:3522284)   #571
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Winning Le Mans
This is the point at which all the other options blended together into a jumble of indecipherable letters, forcing me to stop reading.

... and with poor joke dispatched, here's my take on things:

Winning Le Mans
Winning ALL 6 hour WEC races (wouldn't this guarantee the team championship anyway?)
Podium at Le Mans
Pole position at Le Mans
Old 31 Mar 2015, 14:38 (Ref:3522287)   #572
Deleted
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Jay View Post
Winning ALL 6 hour WEC races (wouldn't this guarantee the team championship anyway?)
No if you do Peugeot 2010 or Mercedes 1998
Old 31 Mar 2015, 15:04 (Ref:3522294)   #573
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
Quote:
No if you do Peugeot 2010 or Mercedes 1998
Yes you're right - by a single point it wouldn't work. More evidence (if it were necessary) of the prominence of that race in the middle of June.
Old 31 Mar 2015, 15:31 (Ref:3522305)   #574
Deleted
Veteran

Yes...

Mind you, if Sebring was still around as part of the series like in 2012 I'd have put it 7th on my list, behind WEC manufacturer/team title and between all 6 hourers
Old 31 Mar 2015, 16:29 (Ref:3522332)   #575
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Need a little more time to think about it, but pole at Le Mans is a funny one. For a few days, it's the most important part of the year, and the PR value on the Friday morning in France in particular is huge. But then eyes turn to the drivers' parade, and then the race, and then even the warm-up, and all of a sudden the only real prize is the photo opportunity at the start of the race - which even then isn't necessarily obvious because a.) the cars are coming head-on, pretty much side-by-side and b.) whoever's in second might have got ahead of you by the Dunlop curve anyway, if they timed things right coming out of the Ford Chicane.

Pole at Le Mans very quickly gets forgotten. It's purely symbolic and fairly easy to achieve if you want to use that track time to purely go as fast as possible. I wouldn't have to go too far back in time before I couldn't tell you which driver put the car on pole, and a little further back than that and I might have forgotten altogether.