Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 21 Jun 2007, 18:09 (Ref:1943547)   #1
mogwai
Rookie

United Kingdom
mogwai should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmogwai should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Proceedings against Nigel Stepney

Just read the article over at Atlas F1 about Nigel Stepney being under investigation by a court in Italy following a formal complaint by Ferrari.

Has anyone else heard of this or know anything more.

The most I gleaned from the article is that it leads one to wonder if Stepney has been implicated in the data stealing by former Ferrari employees.

Just curious what the general take is on this.

mogwai
Old 21 Jun 2007, 19:00 (Ref:1943588)   #2
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/60025

Old 21 Jun 2007, 21:57 (Ref:1943743)   #3
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autosport

"Ferrari have taken action against Nigel Stepney, and there is now an investigation," the spokesman said, adding that Stepney is still an employee of Ferrari.
Bet he won't be for much longer
Old 21 Jun 2007, 22:02 (Ref:1943747)   #4
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
Oh, I reckon he will be an employee at least until this investigation is over (unless his contract expires, of course, and he chooses to leave).
Old 21 Jun 2007, 22:02 (Ref:1943749)   #5
Rockmunky
Veteran

England
'artfordshire
Rockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Horses head in his bed?
Old 21 Jun 2007, 22:48 (Ref:1943769)   #6
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I like the way, without in the least inferring that this may have anything to do with the case, they say:

Quote:
Just a few months ago, two former Ferrari employees were found guilty of taking team secrets to Toyota.
Whatever secrets they were, they don't seem to have helped...
Old 21 Jun 2007, 22:50 (Ref:1943770)   #7
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
Unless they came from the 2005 package, . Those two employees were, indeed perhaps still are, Ferrari agents working to limit Toyota's success.

I'll tell you what else: the Illuminati are behind it.
Old 21 Jun 2007, 22:59 (Ref:1943780)   #8
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Vancouver (I escaped from UK)
andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!
there seems to be another story surfacing around drug smuggling, in the style of a certain Vic Lee. Who knows if its related, but another site has put 1 and 1 together. Time will tell iof they got an answer of 2 or 3 yet

It could just be as simple as Nigel wants to leave for another team and he isn't allowed, so Ferrari are making it hard for him....Or it could be much more serious
Old 22 Jun 2007, 00:00 (Ref:1943802)   #9
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I did read on grandprix.com a couple of days ago that a few 'high profile' Ferrari engineers would be indicted for selling information to rival teams. Guess Stepney is the man then. Question is are there more
Old 22 Jun 2007, 00:25 (Ref:1943816)   #10
Robin_D
Veteran

British Antarctic Territory
Warwickshire, UK
Robin_D should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridRobin_D should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridRobin_D should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think I would want to go to another team if I had my leg broken by one of the drivers.

So a ferrari employee was giving ferrari secrets to Toyota?

It's them Schumacher brothers.
Old 22 Jun 2007, 00:36 (Ref:1943822)   #11
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Vancouver (I escaped from UK)
andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin_D
I think I would want to go to another team if I had my leg broken by one of the drivers.

So a ferrari employee was giving ferrari secrets to Toyota?

It's them Schumacher brothers.
" Yah, put Mr Schumacher in the car, then you'll be quicker"

....didnt say which one though did they. The Toyota/Ferrari esponarge thing went to court a year or so agao, so maybe its more on that, or something completely different.
Old 22 Jun 2007, 08:46 (Ref:1944010)   #12
Julio
Racer

United Kingdom
Julio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_b
there seems to be another story surfacing around drug smuggling, in the style of a certain Vic Lee. Who knows if its related, but another site has put 1 and 1 together. Time will tell iof they got an answer of 2 or 3 yet
I've also heard this. An Italian source seemed to say a 'white powder' was found. Unless something was lost in translation...
Old 22 Jun 2007, 08:51 (Ref:1944016)   #13
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
I wonder when we will find out what it is all about?
Old 22 Jun 2007, 08:55 (Ref:1944023)   #14
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
Doesn't the Italian justice system throw you in jail first,then you prove you were innocent or otherwise ?.
Old 22 Jun 2007, 08:57 (Ref:1944025)   #15
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Depends how much the government likes the person (or person's connections), I would say.
Old 22 Jun 2007, 09:06 (Ref:1944036)   #16
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
Jails better than swimming with the fishes.
Old 22 Jun 2007, 09:11 (Ref:1944043)   #17
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
True, but then so is having your feet chewed off by famished animals.
Old 22 Jun 2007, 10:32 (Ref:1944094)   #18
TWRv12
Veteran

TWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Honda has something to do with it... and sabotaggio before the GP of Montecarlo.

The Dream Team is coming apart
http://www.grandprix.com/ns/ns19303.html

Sabotaggio, esposto della Ferrari Il Cavallino denuncia un tecnico
http://www.repubblica.it/2007/03/mot...i-esposto.html

La Ferrari sabotata Todt: "C'รจ qualcosa"
http://www.gazzetta.it/Motori/Formul...tto_2206.shtml

http://babelfish.altavista.com/babelfish/tr

Last edited by TWRv12; 22 Jun 2007 at 10:41.
Old 22 Jun 2007, 10:46 (Ref:1944107)   #19
mjstallard
Veteran

England
London
mjstallard should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
sabotaggio means (rather unsurprisingly) 'sabotage'.

Blimey!

From what I can tell by using Google's translation service, it seems that Stepney might have been involved in some dodgy parts going on the cars in Monaco.

Unfortunately, I've only just started learning Italian so I can't add much to the horrid machine translation.

Inigo Montoya, where are you?
Old 22 Jun 2007, 11:03 (Ref:1944122)   #20
TWRv12
Veteran

TWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hope its just a muck raking exercise to make Stepney's life difficult. Sad situation. Probably need to bring back Brawn to help steady the ship.
Old 22 Jun 2007, 12:43 (Ref:1944234)   #21
mogwai
Rookie

United Kingdom
mogwai should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmogwai should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just saw this on Bloomberg

I'm posting the entire text as I can't link to this story as it comes from my Bloomberg terminal. However, full credit goes to Bloomberg to this...more details on Monaco sabotage.

Formula One: Ferrari demand investigation into 'sabotage'
2007-06-22 08:39 (New York)
attempt

ROME, June 22, 2007 (AFP) - Italian Formula One team Ferrari
have asked the court in Modena to open an investigation into one of
their own team members, who they suspect of attempted sabotage.
Ferrari admitted on Friday that a procedure against British team
member Nigel Stepney has been opened in Modena.
"We informed the Modena court at the end of May and an internal
disciplinary procedure is underway," Ferrari spokesman Luca
Colajanni told AFP.
According to reliable sources, traces of a mysterious powder
were found on the gas tanks of drivers Kim Raikkonen and Felipe
Massa's vehicles on May 21 at a factory in Maranello, six days
before the Monaco Grand Prix.
The powder is being analysed by a scientific investigation
service.
"That we decided to send a file to the public prosecutor is
because we found something untoward," said team boss Jean Todt.
"Sabotage? On that I can't comment," he added in the Gazetta dello
Sport newspaper on Friday.
Stepney is a technician responsible for the team's performance
development. At the end of 2006 he asked to be no longer sent to
Grand Prix races.
In Monaco, Massa finished third and Raikkonen eighth, although
neither driver could match the pace of the McLaren-Mercedes.

mogwai
Old 22 Jun 2007, 16:06 (Ref:1944362)   #22
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
This is all getting rather interesting.

Very Sunset Beach.
Old 22 Jun 2007, 17:32 (Ref:1944413)   #23
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
All very sad.
Old 22 Jun 2007, 17:36 (Ref:1944415)   #24
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Well, yes, it is quite clearly negative either way. If it is all based on reality then that is sad, but it is equally sad if it is simply Ferrari making someone's life difficult. I wouldn't have thought they would choose to be going through this crap for no reason: it is, after all, a bit distracting I would've thought.

I just hope we find out the actual truth from credible sources.
Old 22 Jun 2007, 17:40 (Ref:1944420)   #25
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yes. Well, I'm sure all will be revealed. What we do know is that Nigel and Ferrari have had a strained relationship for a number of months now.

I might add, with the fact we have no real stonewall details yet, we should tread slightly carefully.