Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 23 Feb 2014, 21:01 (Ref:3371368)   #26
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
That was an exciting 30 odd laps.
Old 23 Feb 2014, 21:32 (Ref:3371379)   #27
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Tornado warned area of storm cell got to within about 6 miles of the track, and there's photos taken from the top of the grandstands that show a funnel cloud near the track.
Old 23 Feb 2014, 21:45 (Ref:3371388)   #28
canamman
Veteran

United States
canamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
This may be an ugly couple of days.
Fingers crossed for tonite.

All titan jet driers should be safe tonite.
No JPM.

Last edited by canamman; 23 Feb 2014 at 22:01.
Old 23 Feb 2014, 22:55 (Ref:3371406)   #29
Nick Woodbury
Veteran

United States
New England
Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!
So apparently a lot of people think the Re-Run of last years Daytona 500 (which is playing now during the rain delay), is in fact THIS years Daytona 500. And by a lot, I mean thousands.

Queue the face palm if you will.

This is just a handful of examples posted by twitter user @steveluvender

http://deadspin.com/scores-of-idiots...ear-1529242573
Old 23 Feb 2014, 23:03 (Ref:3371408)   #30
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Everyone seems fairly positive the race will happen tonight. Hope that if it isn't going to go ahead they announce it soon though.
Old 23 Feb 2014, 23:30 (Ref:3371413)   #31
Louie Loper
Veteran

United States
Nebraska
Louie Loper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So this thought just came to my mind. So Martin Truex Jr blew an engine, NASCAR rules do not allow engine changes. So being a fan more so of sports car racing, is it allowed to change engines during the 24 Hours? Sebring? Unsure what ACO, FIA, IMSA rules state in the regard.
Old 23 Feb 2014, 23:38 (Ref:3371417)   #32
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
No in events like Daytona 24 hours, Le mans etc if you had an engine failure you wouldn't be allowed to change the engine.
Old 23 Feb 2014, 23:53 (Ref:3371420)   #33
Salamus
Veteran

Canada
Ontario
Salamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Woodbury View Post
So apparently a lot of people think the Re-Run of last years Daytona 500 (which is playing now during the rain delay), is in fact THIS years Daytona 500. And by a lot, I mean thousands.

Queue the face palm if you will.

This is just a handful of examples posted by twitter user @steveluvender

http://deadspin.com/scores-of-idiots...ear-1529242573

The best one:

Cody Hokanson-Love
This year's #DAYTONA500 is looking a lot like last year's. #SingleFile

Old 24 Feb 2014, 00:15 (Ref:3371423)   #34
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
This best one was that Fox News Tweeted out the Jimmie J had won it two years in a row. That's Fox News, from the same group of imbeciles covering the event.
Old 24 Feb 2014, 01:07 (Ref:3371431)   #35
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Race due to restart around 8:30 eastern time, and hopefully, if TWC is right, might make it all the way though.
Old 24 Feb 2014, 01:45 (Ref:3371436)   #36
MJ_N_09
Veteran

United States
MJ_N_09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
6 Hours, 22 minutes of a red flag. Nascar never gave up and are very soon, about to get this back under the green. Kudos to them cause in the past, we'd be having to come back tomorrow.
Old 24 Feb 2014, 04:27 (Ref:3371451)   #37
Lagunaseca_4life
Veteran

United States
Central Valley CA
Lagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well I guess

congrats jr.

Not a big fan of all the blocking the leading cars did today borderline rediculous !
Old 24 Feb 2014, 04:31 (Ref:3371452)   #38
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Joooooooyner!
Old 24 Feb 2014, 05:07 (Ref:3371462)   #39
champcarman
Veteran

champcarman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchampcarman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
A bit entertaining but not what you would really call racing!
Old 24 Feb 2014, 06:08 (Ref:3371464)   #40
Nick Woodbury
Veteran

United States
New England
Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!
Uh oh, now it looks as if FOX itself has had a Nascar brain fade.

http://thebiglead.com/2014/02/23/fox...son-as-winner/

And to think, its the same TV network!
Old 24 Feb 2014, 06:17 (Ref:3371468)   #41
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Congrats to Junior, he was strong for the last half of the race & he probably is a better plate driver than "1 Daytona 500" win would suggest...
Disappointed for my man in the #9, caught up in 2 wrecks from other cars, soldiered on too a 17th place finish - could have been so much brighter!
Old 24 Feb 2014, 07:04 (Ref:3371481)   #42
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm so freakin' happy right now, gooo Junior!!

As for the blocking I thought it was exciting and there were several passes earlier in the race that showed you could grab the lead if you timed your move right. Of course it wasn't exactly easy to pass Junior since he had a very strong car, but hell, I much prefer the "block-racing" we saw tonight compared to the top 10 being single file and no one being able to do anything - or don't want to because they're afraid to lose their spot - like we've seen in several recent plate races.
Old 24 Feb 2014, 14:12 (Ref:3371602)   #43
The Happy Track Fan
Racer

Canada
Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
The Happy Track Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by champcarman View Post
A bit entertaining but not what you would really call racing!
DING, DING, DING....WE HAVE A WINNER!!!!

Spot on.

The racing now starts at Pheonix and goes until they get to Talladega, where the restrictor plate dog and pony show will once again rear it's head.

Sorry. They gotta do something. ANYTHING. To get rid of the plates. Use the bus stop chicane in the back straight, and install another one going into Turn One, then take the plates off and we would actually have a motor race.
Old 24 Feb 2014, 14:34 (Ref:3371605)   #44
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
So Hamlin says he would have won the race except his radio stopped working because it got wet. Here is his quote:

Quote:
"Our radios got wet after the rain," said Hamlin. "I didn't perform as good as I could have because I was trying to spot myself at the end of the race"
When he says he had to "spot myself" what he really meant was he had to look in his mirrors. For some reason I don't feel bad for him.
Old 24 Feb 2014, 14:56 (Ref:3371616)   #45
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
That was an okay plate race. Would have enjoyed it more without the last couple wrecks.

As far as the blocking is concerned, in Nascar, if you can't get to their bumper then it really isn't blocking is it?
Old 24 Feb 2014, 16:31 (Ref:3371636)   #46
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Plate races get the highest television ratings of the year, this may come as a shock to many on Ten Tenths but those matter more than what all 9 people and the dog that still discuss racing on forums and haven't departed to Twitter or Facebook think about it.
Old 25 Feb 2014, 00:37 (Ref:3371850)   #47
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
I felt he earned it and he did very well. It was a very strong race for him.
Old 25 Feb 2014, 01:45 (Ref:3371856)   #48
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
JUUUUUUUUUNIOOOOOOOOOOOR!
Old 25 Feb 2014, 15:46 (Ref:3372073)   #49
Cynic
Veteran

England
Somwhere Near Reading.UK
Cynic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Aside from the inevitable 'big ones' that was one of the better 500's I've seen. I'll admit that pack racing was what drew me to Nascar in the first place, more of that and less of this two car tandem nonsense please.

I've never been a big Jnr fan, but even I have to admit that over the last couple of years he's started to look championship material. I was less impressed by a certan Mr Dillons antics. By my reckoning there would have been at least three less cautions if RCR had parked him after the duels.
Old 25 Feb 2014, 17:19 (Ref:3372097)   #50
canamman
Veteran

United States
canamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
[QUOTE=Cynic;3372073]Aside from the inevitable 'big ones' that was one of the better 500's I've seen. I'll admit that pack racing was what drew me to Nascar in the first place, more of that and less of this two car tandem nonsense please.
QUOTE]

Well that at least makes 2 of us. 2 and 3 wide at 200mph is intense
racing. No other racing on the planet gets me as nervous while
watching it. To me, it takes a lot of skill to do what they do at the
plate races. By far my favorite type of racing.