Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: Who do you vote as the team of the United States Grand Prix?
Mercedes 5 17.86%
Ferrari 0 0%
Force India-Mercedes 1 3.57%
Williams-Mercedes 0 0%
Toro Rosso-Renault 18 64.29%
Red Bull Racing-Renault 1 3.57%
Lotus-Mercedes 0 0%
McLaren-Honda 3 10.71%
Sauber-Ferrari 0 0%
Marussia-Ferrari 0 0%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Old 25 Oct 2015, 13:22 (Ref:3585446)   #1
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Team of the Grand Prix: United States Grand Prix 2015

Who do you vote as the team of the United States Grand Prix?
Old 25 Oct 2015, 22:59 (Ref:3585565)   #2
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Torro Rosso
Old 26 Oct 2015, 00:04 (Ref:3585584)   #3
stripedcat
Veteran

stripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridstripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The Mercs were obviously fastest. But - we'll have to look at the other teams.

Torro Rosso. Good showing from them.

McLaren. Upped their game here.

However - I'm going to give it to Torro Rosso for having both cars in the points.
Old 26 Oct 2015, 02:38 (Ref:3585605)   #4
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Torro Rosso...
Old 26 Oct 2015, 08:44 (Ref:3585638)   #5
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I normally vote the team that gets the most points. That'd be Merc. But nobody saw STR's result coming.
Old 26 Oct 2015, 12:19 (Ref:3585685)   #6
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
+1 on STR.
Old 26 Oct 2015, 12:36 (Ref:3585690)   #7
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Mercedes. Despite everything that went on in the race, from the conditions, to the iffy start and the real and virtual SCs, they still managed to pull it off and get the perfect result, for them.
Old 26 Oct 2015, 13:15 (Ref:3585701)   #8
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Toro Rosso at its best.
Old 26 Oct 2015, 14:05 (Ref:3585715)   #9
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
a good race for mercs and mclaren but torros rosso gets my vote this week
Old 26 Oct 2015, 15:02 (Ref:3585725)   #10
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
STR.

during one of the many many hours of coverage, Max had commented that if the race was wet STR would finish top 6. at the time i chalked it up to youthful enthusiasm but despite the lack of running from all teams, the STR car really looked more dialed into the variable conditions then the others did.
Old 26 Oct 2015, 15:20 (Ref:3585732)   #11
TheNo1F1Fan
Veteran

Denmark
TheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
Torro Rosso
Toro Rosso
Old 26 Oct 2015, 20:35 (Ref:3585789)   #12
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Torro Rosso.
Old 26 Oct 2015, 22:16 (Ref:3585807)   #13
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Mercedes of course. You can't argue with first and second. (And anyway, I've just bought one.)

Toro Rosso also look like contenders but I think the achievement was more down to the drivers than the team.
McLaren were less mediocre than previously, so if I was a bleeding-heart liberal-minded primary school teacher I might have given it to them.
Ferrari did pretty OK.
So did Red Bull but the conditions probably flattered them.
Williams were awful, sad to say.
Old 26 Oct 2015, 22:20 (Ref:3585808)   #14
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapezeArtist View Post
Mercedes of course. You can't argue with first and second. (And anyway, I've just bought one.)
That's what they call a vested interest,
Old 27 Oct 2015, 14:58 (Ref:3585997)   #15
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
That's what they call a vested interest,
Oddly (I thought) there was no sign of promotion of the Manufacturers or Drivers championships in the showroom. You'd think they were embarrassed by it.
Old 27 Oct 2015, 20:44 (Ref:3586057)   #16
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Oddly (I thought) there was no sign of promotion of the Manufacturers or Drivers championships in the showroom. You'd think they were embarrassed by it.
Where are you located ?
Old 27 Oct 2015, 22:49 (Ref:3586075)   #17
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremySmith View Post
Where are you located ?
It was the Taunton dealership.
Old 28 Oct 2015, 16:07 (Ref:3586219)   #18
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
That is odd. You'd have thought they would at least have had a life size card board cut out of Lewis.
Old 29 Oct 2015, 08:08 (Ref:3586340)   #19
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
A difficult one, because many teams had one strong performance and another one go wrong with the driver (e.g. Force India and Hulkenberg or Ferrari and Raikkonen). Mercedes is a good obvious choice as they came through in the end and got to celebrate a championship with a 1-2 result, unlike in Sochi.

I think I'll have to go for Toro Rosso, though, for another canny result, showing (like McLaren-Honda, but to a greater degree), that being down on horsepower is not always going to be a limiting factor. They had Red Bull beaten and their drivers both put up generally strong performances. Once again, the former Minardi team have shown up some bigger teams (are Toro Rosso even that small anymore?).