Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 7 Nov 2013, 09:23 (Ref:3328377)   #1
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Inter D licence

Just waiting to get on the plane and thought of a little job for my m s a friends w t f is a international D race licence
Old 7 Nov 2013, 09:25 (Ref:3328379)   #2
Alan Morgan
Veteran

Alan Morgan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A new licence for drivers racing cars which have a weight to power ratio greater than 3Kg/hp. A stress ECG will still be required unfortunately.
Old 7 Nov 2013, 09:26 (Ref:3328381)   #3
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
sounds like a national E

or a fail!
Old 7 Nov 2013, 09:38 (Ref:3328387)   #4
Alan Morgan
Veteran

Alan Morgan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's all explained here, sort of...

http://www.fia.com/sites/default/fil...20L%202013.pdf
Old 7 Nov 2013, 12:57 (Ref:3328455)   #5
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
That's an explanation?

Thanks, Alan. I need a lie down after that......
Old 21 Nov 2013, 06:44 (Ref:3334652)   #6
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
I learned a bit more about 'International D' yesterday. If it all happens in time (and we should have had renewal forms by now from memory?) this new licence will replace 'International Historic' in UK for 2014. It will allow holders to drive cars up to the limit in Alan's post, but anyone wanting to race Hist F1 and other high power formula will need 'Historic C'.

The reasons for needing an 'International' licence remain same.

Apparantly this change will align UK closer to other countries.
Old 21 Nov 2013, 07:00 (Ref:3334656)   #7
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Do you have to have a stressed ECG for a D licence
Old 21 Nov 2013, 07:17 (Ref:3334660)   #8
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Do you have to have a stressed ECG for a D licence
Good point! Yes is the answer, medical requirements the same as replaced Int histo.
Old 21 Nov 2013, 07:31 (Ref:3334664)   #9
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
but if you race in UK and in europe with a series that only races in one country (like the Spa 6 Hour) I believe you can remain on a NAt A with no ECG requirement. Or am I wrong?
Old 21 Nov 2013, 07:46 (Ref:3334673)   #10
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Yes Simon, as I understand it, that is correct.

Also, if you race in a series that does more than one round outside organisers home country (and would therefore require International licences) BUT only do the round in your home country, that can also be done on a National licence.

If that makes sense....
Old 21 Nov 2013, 08:33 (Ref:3334685)   #11
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yes it does. In other words a round in your home country is treated as a National event for host country licence holders, allowing us mere mortals to attract some of the star-studded glitter of an international series.

Thereby proving that the International licence is all about bureaucracy rather than competency. I hate bureaucracy.

IMO putting a power limit on licences is a Good Thing and should be rolled out. It's stupid that an old tugger like me can come into money and jump into an F1 car or GT40 or whatever. I'd even put a test in place, whereby the driver must be able to lap their car at a mid grid time for that class of car before being granted a licence plus extend F1's qualifying rule (relax it a bit, say 125% except in cases of force majeure).
Old 21 Nov 2013, 12:57 (Ref:3334761)   #12
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
As you all know me by now ,I get confused very easily.But WTF is the point of having an Inter D.You might as well go straight to an C.
Are the MSA saying you have!!! to have a D and get signitures then apply for a C.
Mind you never understood what you need for a Inter B.Thats really confusing.
Old 21 Nov 2013, 13:21 (Ref:3334766)   #13
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
out of interest how will they police this - will it be homologated weight and if so who do they determine power of engine, is it the most powereful? I am thinking especially about engines like Lotus Twin Cam where power varies from 155-195 bhp and like the drivers weight can vary....
Old 21 Nov 2013, 14:23 (Ref:3334792)   #14
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
I don't know what the MSA are saying, yet! It will all come out of the wash when we get renewal forms, I guess.

International Historic licence apparently already has different categories depending on what car(s) you want to race. My guess, again, Simon, is that the 'powers that be' will declare what licence you need for the race or series you are entering. Most will be covered by D, unless you are getting into the high power single seater or Sportscar world... Those that already have a C are pretty well covered for anything historic, so seems like a sensible idea (if possible) for anyone needing an International to upgrade to that.

We shall see soon enough, hopefully!
Old 21 Nov 2013, 14:31 (Ref:3334795)   #15
simon drabble
Veteran

I am sure many like me will restrict their racing to Nat A races. I stopped having an international C many years go when I needed an age related ECG. Will this apply to Tour Auto etc as well?
Old 21 Nov 2013, 17:31 (Ref:3334847)   #16
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by simon drabble View Post
Will this apply to Tour Auto etc as well?
Well, it not a series, so maybe or maybe not. Certainly LMC from what have been told needs International. PM Louis Q and ask. Think his last post was on 2014 thread....
Old 21 Nov 2013, 18:36 (Ref:3334869)   #17
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
I don't know what the MSA are saying, yet! It will all come out of the wash when we get renewal forms, I guess.

International Historic licence apparently already has different categories depending on what car(s) you want to race. My guess, again, Simon, is that the 'powers that be' will declare what licence you need for the race or series you are entering. Most will be covered by D, unless you are getting into the high power single seater or Sportscar world... Those that already have a C are pretty well covered for anything historic, so seems like a sensible idea (if possible) for anyone needing an International to upgrade to that.

We shall see soon enough, hopefully!
I don't think the MSA have said anything, there's not been anything I've seen this year in the rule changes about this. If you have to go to the trouble of having an ECG then you may as well get an International C, I just needed proof of six race finishes and a deeper pocket when I got mine.
Old 21 Nov 2013, 19:11 (Ref:3334887)   #18
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Falce View Post
I don't think the MSA have said anything, there's not been anything I've seen this year in the rule changes about this. If you have to go to the trouble of having an ECG then you may as well get an International C, I just needed proof of six race finishes and a deeper pocket when I got mine.
Agree. I know that it was under discussion to try and get Int D at lower cost to competitors, but....

Apparently this has all been between FIA and MSA so not surprised we haven't heard anything up until recently!
Old 23 Nov 2013, 12:55 (Ref:3335655)   #19
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Renewal pack arrived this morning- guess what? No mention of International D, all looks the same as previous year- except cost up a few quid!