Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

View Poll Results: What is your favourite Sportscar series?
American Le Mans Series 15 38.46%
FIA GT Championship 7 17.95%
Le Mans Endurance Series 8 20.51%
Grand AM 2 5.13%
Euro GT Series 0 0%
Belcar 1 2.56%
FFSA 0 0%
British GT Championship 2 5.13%
Spanish GT Championship 0 0%
Other (If So please specify) 1 2.56%
JGTC 3 7.69%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2 Mar 2004, 03:07 (Ref:890865)   #1
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
What's your favourite sportscar series?

I know this thread has been created more than once, although that was some time back, around a year ago and now we have many more members on this board so I thought Id ask everyone to tell us what their favourite sportscar series is, and why.

Personally for me mine is FIA GT, purley because as most of u know Im a huge GT/NGT fan rather than a fan of LMP cars, oh and because the series is the closest thing the sportscar world has at the moment to a "World championship."
Old 2 Mar 2004, 03:13 (Ref:890869)   #2
Patrick B
Racer

Canada
Canada
Patrick B should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Grand Am is my favorite. But i like them all, sadly we don't get coverage in N.A of most of those small Euro series...

btw whats FFSA ?
Old 2 Mar 2004, 03:24 (Ref:890872)   #3
billnchristy
Veteran

United States
Lawrenceville GA
billnchristy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I vote other for ALL OF THE ABOVE!!

I have never seen spanish or Belcar, but ive seen pictures and it will do!!
Old 2 Mar 2004, 04:06 (Ref:890886)   #4
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
I voted ALMS because I live in the states and am likely to get to two events, and maybe more!
Old 2 Mar 2004, 04:34 (Ref:890894)   #5
nsxr
Racer

nsxr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
how could you leave out the best one?! the jgtc its the best. come on here man. Not to start a fight or anything but do you guys have a problem with the jgtc. Few of you ever speak highly of the series. Just wondering
Old 2 Mar 2004, 06:33 (Ref:890922)   #6
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by Patrick B
btw whats FFSA ?
The French Federation of Automobile Sport. We've got a french GT championship.

Quote:
Originally posted by nsxr
how could you leave out the best one?! the jgtc its the best. come on here man. Not to start a fight or anything but do you guys have a problem with the jgtc. Few of you ever speak highly of the series. Just wondering
I'm not sure, but I think it's because of the lack of coverage by european medias. For what I already saw, it's a really great serie, lots of battles and great cars, very impressive. I edited the poll and added it.

Quote:
Originally posted by Patrick B
Grand Am is my favorite. But i like them all, sadly we don't get coverage in N.A of most of those small Euro series...
The lack of coverage leads to lack of knowing... and we all tend to appreciate what we can afford around...

I didn't vote (sorry SaleenS7R !), because I felt I wasn't able to : I cannot imagine ALMS without LMES, and LMES without ALMS. I'm really waiting for the FIA-GT too. And I think that Gran-Am could give us something new, and as I said some weeks ago, diversity is what makes life vivid. Let's say that I'm basicaly a Le Mans fan, and consequently an ALMS/LMES supporter, but not against the other series. And more precisely : I'm a "long races" fan (Spa, Daytona, Bathurst, Sebring, Nürbürgring, Le Mans), beacause I think that those races make Sportscars history (some of those races we'll never forget).

Last edited by Fab; 2 Mar 2004 at 06:45.
Old 2 Mar 2004, 06:57 (Ref:890928)   #7
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I have to say the ALMS, but I expecting big things from the LMES this year. I also quite enjoy the British GT's (expect news on that from me later today)
Old 2 Mar 2004, 08:32 (Ref:890978)   #8
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I have no favourite series. For me, I openly admit that sportscars = Le Mans. But if pressed to vote, I would go for anything which allows us to see proper protos in action.....
Old 2 Mar 2004, 08:32 (Ref:890979)   #9
Smokey 6 litre
Veteran

England
The Total Perspective Vortex
Smokey 6 litre should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
British GT, the only one i've seen.
Old 2 Mar 2004, 12:33 (Ref:891151)   #10
Cadete
Racer

Cadete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Can't vote since the only one I saw in action is FIA GT, since I only started following sportscars last summer and only through the Eurosport Super Racing Weekends... This year I'll follow as many races as I can with the Internet, so when the season ends don't forget to ask again so I can answer
Old 2 Mar 2004, 12:39 (Ref:891158)   #11
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm going for the LMES.
Old 2 Mar 2004, 13:08 (Ref:891178)   #12
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
For me, I haven't actually watched a "series" event since the BPR race at Silverstone in 1995. Other than that (and Le Mans), I have to go back to the WSC or WSPC (or whatever the damn series was called).
Old 2 Mar 2004, 13:41 (Ref:891220)   #13
E46
Veteran

Spain
Zaragoza, Reino de Aragón
E46 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I vote everyone.
Old 2 Mar 2004, 13:54 (Ref:891239)   #14
pink69
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire / Nottingham
pink69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
two or 3 years ago I would say ALMS hands down. But with less manufacturer's being involved in the top class now I'd have to say the JGTC. Great looking cars and lots of factory support!
Old 2 Mar 2004, 14:10 (Ref:891259)   #15
klb
Rookie

United States
Alexandria, VA USA
klb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The ALMS is my favorite. GARRA I'm sort of iffy on. Most of the series listed above are not shown here in the U.S. (FIA GT, Brit GT, JGTC were shown in the winter on SpeedTV) I'm hoping SpeedTV will show LMES, though I'm not holding my breath.
Old 2 Mar 2004, 15:47 (Ref:891343)   #16
alfan
Racer

Poland
Wroclaw, Poland
alfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
FIA GT.Just like Saleen, I prefer GT/N-GT cars rather than prototypes. Of course, 24h Le Mans is something unbeatable, but other races with prototypes on the grid aren't as exiting as FIA GT.
Old 2 Mar 2004, 16:56 (Ref:891430)   #17
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by nsxr
Sorry, and no I have no problem with the JGTC series, but I listed the series I thought are the most important at this moment in time. Thats just my personal point of view though. I would have included JGTC but when u create a poll u are limited to just 10 options, so there wasnt enough room for the series Im afraid, nothing personal.
Old 2 Mar 2004, 18:00 (Ref:891487)   #18
DiscoGoober
Racer

DiscoGoober should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Of the ones that are shown over here (even if it was only 30 minute highlight shows), it's the JGTC for me.