Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 17 Jun 2012, 12:47 (Ref:3093580)   #1
PlatoBTCC
Rookie

United Kingdom
North Yorkshire
PlatoBTCC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
croft btcc autograph session

Hello

I am new to this forum so hello to you all

I have a question regarding the next btcc round at croft

I will be making my way up to the meeting but I'm wondering when is the autograph session?

Will it be Saturday (qualifying) or Sunday (race day)

Any help is much appreciated
Old 17 Jun 2012, 13:09 (Ref:3093610)   #2
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Sunday morning
Old 17 Jun 2012, 13:29 (Ref:3093639)   #3
PlatoBTCC
Rookie

United Kingdom
North Yorkshire
Oh rite thanks

Who should I expect to sign? Is there a few drivers or just one or two?
Old 17 Jun 2012, 13:32 (Ref:3093642)   #4
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Timetable - http://www.btcc.net/pdf/ci_5.pdf

Pit lane walkabout / autograph session is 10.20 Sun morning, but if you are there on Sat you should have no problems getting autographs from the drivers as they are walking around the paddock.

All drivers will be at the Sunday session but it will be very busy so don't expect to actually get an autograph from all of them in the time available.
Old 17 Jun 2012, 16:48 (Ref:3093722)   #5
PlatoBTCC
Rookie

United Kingdom
North Yorkshire
That's great thanks

So realistically is it better for me to go on sat or sun to get say Plato and shedder esk autographs
Old 19 Jun 2012, 19:25 (Ref:3095065)   #6
PlatoBTCC
Rookie

United Kingdom
North Yorkshire
Sorry can I just ask again if it's better to go on Saturday or Sunday?
Can I just approach the drivers in the pits?

I thought the pits would be off limits :/
Old 19 Jun 2012, 19:31 (Ref:3095069)   #7
Thaw Daggerslash
Racer

Thaw Daggerslash should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatoBTCC View Post
Sorry can I just ask again if it's better to go on Saturday or Sunday?
Can I just approach the drivers in the pits?

I thought the pits would be off limits :/
More chance on Sunday as they'll be all together, but it'll be very busy. Yes, you just approach the drivers. They are sat there signing. Pits are not off limits during the designated time for the walkabout. It is normally free and available to everyone.
Old 19 Jun 2012, 19:41 (Ref:3095077)   #8
PlatoBTCC
Rookie

United Kingdom
North Yorkshire
Thankyou my friend

Hopefully I can meet Jason Plato

Do I need to take something to sign like a photo or DVD??
Old 19 Jun 2012, 20:06 (Ref:3095087)   #9
kipper
Veteran

England
Leics
kipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridkipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Thankyou my friend

Hopefully I can meet Jason Plato

Do I need to take something to sign like a photo or DVD??
In terms of the pit walkabouts, drivers normally have a stack of photo cards. However, I would recommend that you take something for a driver to sign for the above cannot be guarranted and, secondly, you may catch a driver at a seperate time and as such having something to hand to sign is a good fail safe. It may sound daft, but its worth making sure you have a pen to hand if you go for the second option.

Outside of designated pit walkabouts, the pits (and garages) are out of bounds to spectators, however, access to the paddock is possible and you may see a driver at some point, if you get lucky.
Old 19 Jun 2012, 21:14 (Ref:3095125)   #10
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Be warned, Mr Plato has a reputation for not doing much signing outside of the allocated session on Sunday. Read a few posts by disgruntled fans who've been refused by him. I say be polite to him and see what happens.
Old 19 Jun 2012, 21:36 (Ref:3095139)   #11
PlatoBTCC
Rookie

United Kingdom
North Yorkshire
Thanks alot peeps for the help

I hope jp is ok If I meet him. Gulp

It's his home track so hopefully he is more gracious

Will I be able to buy merchandise at the meet??
Old 19 Jun 2012, 22:54 (Ref:3095179)   #12
Thaw Daggerslash
Racer

Thaw Daggerslash should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by kipper View Post
In terms of the pit walkabouts, drivers normally have a stack of photo cards. However, I would recommend that you take something for a driver to sign for the above cannot be guarranted and, secondly, you may catch a driver at a seperate time and as such having something to hand to sign is a good fail safe. It may sound daft, but its worth making sure you have a pen to hand if you go for the second option.

Outside of designated pit walkabouts, the pits (and garages) are out of bounds to spectators, however, access to the paddock is possible and you may see a driver at some point, if you get lucky.
That or just get them to sign the race programme, which is normally between £5-£10 that you can buy on the gate. There's normally a section in the programme dedicated to just that.

Never seen an awful lot of merchandise sellers, as I don't think many teams aside from MG and Honda really sell merchandise. They're normally really expensive anyway, so I'd stay away.
Old 20 Jun 2012, 07:42 (Ref:3095278)   #13
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craner Curves View Post
Be warned, Mr Plato has a reputation for not doing much signing outside of the allocated session on Sunday. Read a few posts by disgruntled fans who've been refused by him. I say be polite to him and see what happens.
I think that's a bit of an undeserved reputation, I've never had a problem with him in that respect.

I think a lot of it is down to the attitude of the person asking for the autograph. If he is rushing from the team tent to the pit garage ready to go out for a qualifying session then he obviously isn't going to have a lot of time for a chat. If you then start rummaging around in your bag looking for a pen and a scrap of paper then not surprising he'll walk off and tell you to come back later.

A lot of complaints I've seen were from Donington last year. Given that he had just rolled the car into a ball it's not surprising that he wasn't in the best of moods.

Some fans seem to forget that drivers have a job to do and don't want to be interrupted when they are busy.

Quote:
I hope jp is ok If I meet him. Gulp
As long as you are prepared with pan or camera in hand and be polite then you should be fine. That goes for all drivers, not just Plato. I'm sure if you gave JP a can of KX to sign he'll be fine
Old 20 Jun 2012, 09:01 (Ref:3095308)   #14
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
As long as you are prepared with pan or camera in hand
I appreciate he might come across as a bit objectionable to some people, but carrying a pan seems a bit over top to me!
Old 20 Jun 2012, 09:11 (Ref:3095315)   #15
PlatoBTCC
Rookie

United Kingdom
North Yorkshire
Thanks guys you have Been really helpful

I'm going on sat to see how I get on and then Maybe race day aswell
Old 20 Jun 2012, 18:22 (Ref:3095591)   #16
aland
Veteran

Scotland
West Scotland
aland should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
I appreciate he might come across as a bit objectionable to some people, but carrying a pan seems a bit over top to me!
for potato a pan especially a blinking big frying one is not OTT

anyway OP if you are there on saturday have a wander round the support race paddock, that is where you see the next generation of BTCC drivers, plus there will be some hot babes racing in the Celtic Speed Minis
Old 21 Jun 2012, 09:41 (Ref:3095843)   #17
PlatoBTCC
Rookie

United Kingdom
North Yorkshire
It's forecast rain now!!! Lol

Any autographs I'll hopefully get will get ruined

Better get a backup folder or something
Old 21 Jun 2012, 15:02 (Ref:3095998)   #18
aland
Veteran

Scotland
West Scotland
aland should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
put your programme in a polypocket, that is what we do

wear sensible footwear like walking boots and take waterproofs
Old 21 Jun 2012, 17:53 (Ref:3096059)   #19
fbjimmy
Rookie

fbjimmy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If you want a number of autographs I recommend that you find where the entrance to the pits is in advance of the pit walk and queue. I went to Donnington this year as a spectator and we stumbled across the start of the queue by pure chance and got near the front. Managed to get Plato, Neat, Neal, Flash and Collard to sign my programme before the nice marshals ushered me out of the pits. I think that's the most you will get!