Home  
Site Partners: Veloce Books OldRacingCars.com  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > The Chassis History Archive

Old 23 Jul 2018, 13:25 (Ref:3838296)   #1
medius
Veteran

England
Media Office hiding from the rain
medius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmedius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Pilbeam MP88 (Nissan Primera S2000)

Not much information exists it seem s but here's what I've managed to piece together.

After RJN's successful RML-built P11 Primera raced in the ETCC with Rob Collard and Tommy Rustad sharing driving duties. The team decided to take the fight to the factory Honda, Alfa and BMW squads by commissioning Pilbeam to construct a new S2000 challenger based on the brand new P12 shape Primera in the hope of attracting funding from Japan.

A single MP88 was built. But interest from Nissan wasn't there. The fate of the car is unknown. Was it even tested?

Old 24 Jul 2018, 20:48 (Ref:3838603)   #2
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
You mean MP89. MP88 was a single-seater
https://www.pilbeamracing.co.uk/projects.htm

Last I saw of it was in 2011 when it was on RaceCarsDirect. Seller was in France. Assuming the pictures were current it was untouched from the original promo photos.
Old 24 Jul 2018, 21:40 (Ref:3838616)   #3
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos is a back marker
Is this car here http://www.touringcarregister.com/register/466/?
Old 25 Jul 2018, 08:18 (Ref:3838655)   #4
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I know there was plans to race it in the BTCC in 04
Old 3 Aug 2018, 10:53 (Ref:3841060)   #5
JDog
Rookie

JDog should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by medius View Post
Not much information exists it seem s but here's what I've managed to piece together.

After RJN's successful RML-built P11 Primera raced in the ETCC with Rob Collard and Tommy Rustad sharing driving duties. The team decided to take the fight to the factory Honda, Alfa and BMW squads by commissioning Pilbeam to construct a new S2000 challenger based on the brand new P12 shape Primera in the hope of attracting funding from Japan.

A single MP88 was built. But interest from Nissan wasn't there. The fate of the car is unknown. Was it even tested?

The Super Production cars weren't RML built they were built in house at RJN
Old 18 Jan 2019, 15:06 (Ref:3877001)   #6
medius
Veteran

England
Media Office hiding from the rain
medius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmedius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I contacted Mike Pilbeam and he's told me this about the project:

"I designed the Primera Touring car for Nissan in 2002. It tested and raced in some Norwegian events, I think but Nissan changed their plans and did not compete in British Touring cars.

Some time later they asked me to design the Nissan Paris-Dakar which competed for several years."