Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 29 Jun 2007, 09:09 (Ref:1949535)   #26
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
true.

Casey has continued at the top, with 30 seconds to go on live timing Casey was 8k's at the speed trap then Hayden quicker forgot to look at the speed after that but doubt it would of changed.

is this the resergence of Hayden the site of his first win last year.
Old 29 Jun 2007, 12:58 (Ref:1949677)   #27
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
wet quali, Chris V pole, Casey 2nd, Westy 7th, hope it stays wet tomorrow, would be good for Casey if Rossi stays where he is in the race although i doubt it.
Old 29 Jun 2007, 15:12 (Ref:1949798)   #28
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
i'm getting tired of all the "rain"

Ciao Marco
Old 29 Jun 2007, 15:49 (Ref:1949822)   #29
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Qualifying times:

1. Chris Vermeulen (B) 1min 48.555 secs
2. Casey Stoner (B) 1min 48.572 secs
3. Randy de Puniet (B) 1min 49.579 secs
4. Marco Melandri (B) 1min 49.679 secs
5. John Hopkins (B) 1min 49.684 secs
6. Colin Edwards (M) 1min 49.691 secs
7. Anthony West (B) 1min 49.807 secs
8. Alex Hofmann (B) 1min 49.927 secs
9. Dani Pedrosa (M) 1min 50.132 secs
10. Loris Capirossi (B) 1min 50.169 secs
11. Valentino Rossi (M) 1min 50.392 secs
12. Alex Barros (B) 1min 50.402 secs
13. Nicky Hayden (M) 1min 50.581 secs
14. Kurtis Roberts (M) 1min 51.259 secs
15. Shinya Nakano (M) 1min 51.827 secs
16. Carlos Checa (M) 1min 53.271 secs
17. Sylvain Guintoli (D) 1min 54.253 secs
18. Makoto Tamada (D) 1min 57.525 secs
Old 29 Jun 2007, 15:50 (Ref:1949823)   #30
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Racer
wet quali, Chris V pole, Casey 2nd, Westy 7th, hope it stays wet tomorrow, would be good for Casey if Rossi stays where he is in the race although i doubt it.
Ehem, *cough* Bridgestone *cough*
Old 29 Jun 2007, 15:51 (Ref:1949824)   #31
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
Shame it was wet. Nicky has really been on it this weekend. Hoping for a dry race. Just to see a great fight.
Old 29 Jun 2007, 16:50 (Ref:1949863)   #32
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani Filth
i'm getting tired of all the "rain"
start your you blokes off on irt bikes and then you might mix it with us in the wet .
Old 29 Jun 2007, 17:27 (Ref:1949895)   #33
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
I think it has more to do with the wet races being a bit boring, and not who rides well in the rain.
Old 30 Jun 2007, 08:00 (Ref:1950276)   #34
Schummy
Subscriber
Veteran

Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!
Stoner just crashed in the warmup.

I hope this is not a bad sign for the race!
Old 30 Jun 2007, 08:03 (Ref:1950279)   #35
Schummy
Subscriber
Veteran

Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!
I tend to like the chaos of wet races, but dry races are so good in FIM GPs than I don't know what I would like to see. Anyway today looks pretty dry in Assen.
Old 30 Jun 2007, 08:11 (Ref:1950284)   #36
Schummy
Subscriber
Veteran

And now CS is out of the track (shaking his head). This kind of things can have a psychological effect in terms of confidence for the race.

VR uses to have "errors" in his weekend, apparently that's the way he likes to explore limits. But this year Casey has been different.

Hayden fastest in warmup, he looks to have recovered his speed lately. Hopkins 2nd. Edwards 4th very close to Vale. Maybe we can see another "bull riding" from him in the race
Old 30 Jun 2007, 10:56 (Ref:1950401)   #37
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Stoner looked decidedly shaky in warm-up huh?

Hope he recovers that for the race. But I have a feeling Vale will pull this out the bag now (disastrous for my picks!).
Old 30 Jun 2007, 11:07 (Ref:1950413)   #38
Erki
Racer

Estonia
Tartu, Estonia
Erki has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
http://www.crash.net/news_view~cid~6~id~150327.htm

Crazy guy. :crazy:
Old 30 Jun 2007, 13:16 (Ref:1950484)   #39
bestfit
Veteran

Australia
In a state of total confusion.
bestfit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbestfit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Welcome back Vale

That was a truly great ride from Rossi. A good solid ride from Casey as well and great to see Nicky getting up there. (roll on Laguna
Old 30 Jun 2007, 15:54 (Ref:1950599)   #40
Gerben24
Veteran

Netherlands
Heerenveen
Gerben24 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
And that is how it's done! Yamaha back on top! Rossi giving everybody race lessons today.

Good to see Hayden there, I liked his new crash helmet on the podium. He beat Pedrosa fair and square.

I was also very impressed with West. A shame of his teammates mistake who took Vermeulen out. Vermeulen though was again very slow in the dry. I think he suffers a lot with the current traction control systems. I think he would do better if traction control was banned.

All in all a good race!
Old 30 Jun 2007, 16:08 (Ref:1950612)   #41
bestfit
Veteran

Australia
bestfit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbestfit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
They said in the commentary that Nicky had asked for his traction control to be "wound back" to allow him to ride it more aggressively. He looked much more comfortable backing it into corners and sliding it like he was last year.
New technology does not always mean more speed.
Old 30 Jun 2007, 16:13 (Ref:1950621)   #42
bestfit
Veteran

Australia
I just watched a replay of the race and noticed Melandri smashed his screen with his fist after he crossed the finish line. I guess that shows his opinion of the Honda at the moment.
Old 30 Jun 2007, 19:40 (Ref:1950765)   #43
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
Quote:
Originally Posted by bestfit
I just watched a replay of the race and noticed Melandri smashed his screen with his fist after he crossed the finish line. I guess that shows his opinion of the Honda at the moment.
Mat Mladin did that at the end of the AMA race at Barber this year. Of course, he had won the race.

Strong stuff from Rossi. Considering how his early laps went and how fast he was at the end, I'm guessing super hard Michelin. Stoner had no answer this time when Rossi went past. Way to go Hayden! I had also heard about the traction control being dialed down. His 990 style returns!

Oh yes, and little Pedrobot had to watch Hayden go by. Bet he was looking to HRC for team orders.

What happened to Capirossi?

This track, which is freakishly flat, gives you a good impression about how much lean angle these guys can produce. Moto GP rocks!

Edit: I'm kinda diggin the new Fiat livery. The other one is too boring.
Old 30 Jun 2007, 19:45 (Ref:1950772)   #44
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
Didn't realize this:

"Making a much slower return was Stoner, whose Ducati appeared to run out of petrol on the slow down lap - the first sign this season that any team may have been borderline on fuel. And Stoner wasn't alone; world champion Hayden also needed a push back to the pits after suffering what appeared to be the same problem."

http://www.crash.net/news_view~cid~6...0439~pid~1.htm
Old 30 Jun 2007, 19:48 (Ref:1950777)   #45
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Stoner just said he was spinning it up everywhere just trying to get it to turn, because the wind was bashing the wide fairings of the Duke and pushing it offline! So that explains the fuel usage probably.

Rossi was king today really. I had a feeling after warm-up he'd do it, he just looked sublime.

And Hayden is back. Typical Hayden ride - full of heart and fight, something his much vaunted teammate lacks. Chufffed to see him back on the rostrum, here's for the three-peat in Laguna hopefully.

(Can we change the title to "Stoner trashed in Holland"? )
Old 30 Jun 2007, 19:52 (Ref:1950780)   #46
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
Makoto Tanaka - Repsol Honda Team: "The weather was kind to us today and gave us a good chance to be competitive and that's how it proved. Nicky was able to return to the podium and this is very good – he's very happy about this and so am I! He was fastest in the warm-up this morning and he did a very good job in the race – his very best. The pace of Rossi and Stoner was very fast today though. With Sachsenring and Laguna Seca approaching – tracks which Nicky likes – things are looking better for him. Dani also did a good job today. The circuit is not the best one for him though, and he found that he was getting some wheelspin in the last few laps of the race which prevented him from battling for the podium. We must use this result as a basis for even better results in the upcoming races. (ie Nicky kicked Dani's butt and we must figure out how to reverse this trend)”

Old 30 Jun 2007, 19:52 (Ref:1950782)   #47
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy
(Can we change the title to "Stoner trashed in Holland"? )
Darn my lowly forum host powers!
Old 30 Jun 2007, 19:55 (Ref:1950785)   #48
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
Rossi was masterful today. The season still might be alive.
Old 30 Jun 2007, 19:59 (Ref:1950789)   #49
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

It has been alive all along.
Old 30 Jun 2007, 20:55 (Ref:1950841)   #50
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Howcome the race was today? Anything to do with not clashing with the Formula 1 (in which case why make it clash with qualifying?)?