Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Motorsport History

Old 18 Jun 2002, 11:16 (Ref:315993)   #26
Rutle
Rookie

Rutle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
New to this forum today - just tripped over it - and found the roll call request.
I've been a race fan for years - first car race meeting British GP 1968. Best early memories are of the incredible Special Saloon Racing series from Brands in the early 70's. Main interests now are historic sports and saloons and Nascar.
Have been involved on the peripharies of motorsport for last 30 years. First car I got involved with was a Special Saloon 850cc Mini in 1972.
Produced videos for HSCC from 1993 to 1995ish - mainly RJB Mining championship and end of year compilation videos. Shot most of material for the TGP press promotional video. Helped with and video documented restoration of the 1970 Ark Sprite Twin Cam which ran in RJB series '93 - '95. (It had been running in Hillclimbs as a Reliant Kitten!!) More recent involvement with Gropa Mk1 for RJB and Orwell Supersports series.
If anyone has any pics/film/video of the old '70's Special Saloons please get in touch.
Old 3 Dec 2008, 13:51 (Ref:2346392)   #27
drivers71
Rookie

Italy
Birmingham, England
drivers71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
New to ten-tenths, but an old racing fan (old in years, and a fan of old racing - since I found myself saying 'it's not as good as it used to be') Long time Alfa Romeo fan, owner and racer, and through that, a penchant for all Italian cars. Strange that I'm now in the middle of compiling a full history of Briggs Cunningham and his cars - fueled by a recent visit to the Collier Collection in Florida. Main areas of interest, apart from Alfas and Cunninghams, are Le Mans and sports car racing - though I'll butt into any thread that catches my eye. Avid photographer over the years, and currently uploading all my racing photos here:

http://photobucket.com/Drivers71-Racing

Please feel free to comment.

Rich Harman, England
Old 17 Sep 2010, 21:32 (Ref:2761039)   #28
boyzee
Rookie

England
basildon essex
boyzee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delman View Post
Aged 56, currently (and for the past 30yrs) residing in the Illawarra NSW,had an abiding passion for racing since'62, when my father and I did some work for both Stirling and Pat Moss, but never had the money or time (or balls) to do anything about it. F1 in particular before 1980. Currently more interested in Historics. Does anyone else remember an Anglia known as 'The Green Bean" at Brands about '66?
I know you posted this a long time ago but i remember the "green bean" anglia driven by Nick Britton.It was built by superspeed (Mike and John young) and had a 997 cc engine.The car was mettalic green with i think red and white racing stripes over the roof bonnet etc.I was at brands when Nick hit the banking at paddock on a very wet track damageing the car very badly.I think he reshelled the car.
Old 27 Sep 2010, 11:17 (Ref:2765394)   #29
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by boyzee View Post
I know you posted this a long time ago but i remember the "green bean" anglia driven by Nick Britton.It was built by superspeed (Mike and John young) and had a 997 cc engine.The car was mettalic green with i think red and white racing stripes over the roof bonnet etc.I was at brands when Nick hit the banking at paddock on a very wet track damageing the car very badly.I think he reshelled the car.
I think the striping included a blue one.... the stripes being quite narrow and running as a red white and blue ensemble down the length of the car in the middle. My memories of it anyway.
Old 28 Sep 2010, 03:18 (Ref:2765843)   #30
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAVID PATERSON View Post
My primary interest in motor sport is Touring Car racing and I must admit that my interest in Historic Racing tends to begin and end with Historic Touring Cars (classic saloons). I am a regular competitor in the Queensland Historic touring Car Championship and i also travel to Sydney a couple of times a year to race there as well. I used to race a Datsun 1600 (510) but have recentlty upgraded to a 1972 Holden LJ Torana GTR XU1, which I am slowly coming to grips with.
This needs updating. I sold the Torana last year and we are nearly finished restoring an ex-Bob Holden Group A Toyota Corolla Sprinter AE86 to compete in the steadily growing historic Group A scene in eastern Australia.