Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 7 Jun 2004, 19:16 (Ref:996556)   #26
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think only 2 Audis will finish strongly, due to the inter team battles and lack of quick change rear end this year.

Hope so anyway!
Old 7 Jun 2004, 19:59 (Ref:996592)   #27
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Of course, all 4 could get taken out at the Dunlop Curve on lap 1.........

What odds would you give me on that......?
Old 7 Jun 2004, 20:20 (Ref:996612)   #28
simon c
Racer

simon c should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
same odds as on silk cut jaguar debacle at jerez in 86...you never know. that's why i love this event. things will always happen....
Old 7 Jun 2004, 20:33 (Ref:996627)   #29
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
If the Audis were taken out in a large incident on Lap 1, someone else would win that is true, but they would have not beaten the best. And I do believe that the likes of RfH, Pescarolo and Zytek would relish a chance to beat the Audis at their own game. I know the Dysons do and have said as much.
Old 7 Jun 2004, 21:04 (Ref:996657)   #30
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I think Pesca would take the win........ Jan as well for that matter.....
Old 7 Jun 2004, 23:18 (Ref:996770)   #31
Cadete
Racer

Cadete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Can anyone answer Aysedasi's question regarding wether Barbosa will qualify or not? I'm also curious...
Old 8 Jun 2004, 11:07 (Ref:997127)   #32
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally posted by Aysedasi
Will Barbosa have qually duties? I would have thought Martin would have taken the limelight?
Did Barbosa have qually duties at Sebring and Monza?- if so, I'd be a little surprised if they changed the plan for LM
Old 8 Jun 2004, 11:58 (Ref:997179)   #33
Fieldgate
Racer

Fieldgate should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes Joao will be qualifying. However, if wet, we may see Rainmeister Barff having a go.

Martin will do the final set-up tweaking.
Old 8 Jun 2004, 16:09 (Ref:997464)   #34
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
That solves that one then!
Old 8 Jun 2004, 20:40 (Ref:997758)   #35
Chevyguy
Racer

Chevyguy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd say Audi 1-2-3 at least in qualifying, with the Zytec possibly taking 4th. I guess the Vettes are very well covered, but I think the Prodrive cars are a little faster than we've heard. 550, Vette, 550, Vette, 550, 575, 575, on the grid. LMP2 is hard to say, but I think the Courages could prove the older cars obsolete on pace. Lots of very good Porsche teams.

In the race, the Zytec will be in the top three going onto the Mulsanne, but not off of it. Audi 1-2-3-4 in favor of Champion. No LMP2s will be running after 8 hours. 64, 63, 66, 65 after a 22 hour battle decided by fuel milage. Lots of very good Porsche teams.

Last edited by Chevyguy; 8 Jun 2004 at 20:41.

"No matter where you go, there you are"-Pigkiller
Old 8 Jun 2004, 21:48 (Ref:997816)   #36
FastJoel31
Veteran

United States
Near Watkins Glen
FastJoel31 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have this crazy feeling that one of the Audis will take the cake again this year...it will be tough to figure out which one. As for the Zytek, I think it will run well in the early stages but will fall back after a couple hours. Reliability on the Zytek an issue?

For LMP2 I know that the Courages are quick, but I desperately want Intersport to win at Le Mans at least once, and this year seems like there is a possibility.

Everyone who is attending the race, have a great time, and don't forget to have one for me!
Old 9 Jun 2004, 06:03 (Ref:998059)   #37
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
And Audis are not able to change the back of the car anymore ! That could be something in the realy hours, on sunday morning...
Old 9 Jun 2004, 20:25 (Ref:998963)   #38
Chevyguy
Racer

Chevyguy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
FastJoel31, sorry if I have an extremely bad opinion of LMP2, but it's not without reason. I will be pulling for you guys, and I hope your car can last the distance. Remember though, the WRs are way past due. How come you aren't driving with Clint?

Also, when is John going to settle on a chassis? Not to put you on the spot, but it's the opinion of most that Intersport can do better if the focus was on one type of car. Could you shed some light?

"No matter where you go, there you are"-Pigkiller