Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Motorsport History

Old 29 Nov 2006, 23:18 (Ref:1778168)   #26
driftwood
Veteran

driftwood has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
i sa wthe open top prosport car today that raced at daytona in 95/6 ish
a mat eran a team around this time
v6 engine had too much torque fo rthe ft200 gearbox oftembreaking the diff cwp
the car should have used FGB
Merlin did most of the engines for the series back then
Old 7 Dec 2006, 11:32 (Ref:1783988)   #27
Simon S
Racer

England
Simon S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Turner
Welcome Carsten. There were a couple of LM3000s entered early on for this year's British GT series. Following issues over their eligibility raised by fellow competitors, despite their (contentious?) acceptability in previous seasons and an SRO 'fudged' compromise, they had pulled out before mid season. One of the drivers, who was pretty miffed, with some justification, actually posted on the GT forum but not sure he is still around, here. Might be worth looking either of these teams up; they might offer a bit of advice on the rebuild - you never know!
Still here (despite the censorship )
Old 7 Dec 2006, 11:39 (Ref:1783994)   #28
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Glad you are Simon. I'm not entirely sure about the censorship you refer to (I wasn't involved) but I don't think it was about the view you held (with which there was much sympathy) but probably more about the way that you expressed it. Anyway, please get involved here, if you feel so inclined!
Old 7 Dec 2006, 12:37 (Ref:1784041)   #29
Simon S
Racer

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Turner
Glad you are Simon. I'm not entirely sure about the censorship you refer to (I wasn't involved) but I don't think it was about the view you held (with which there was much sympathy) but probably more about the way that you expressed it. Anyway, please get involved here, if you feel so inclined!
John,

no problem, (my skin is probably thicker than most!).

Back on the topic...

ProSports are now accepted in the Britcar Championship, and from what I am told, I will not be the only one out there

Seems a shame to me that such a good/economic/reliable/nice looking car get's so much grief....
Old 11 Dec 2006, 12:08 (Ref:1787882)   #30
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon S
John,

no problem, (my skin is probably thicker than most!).

Back on the topic...

ProSports are now accepted in the Britcar Championship, and from what I am told, I will not be the only one out there

Seems a shame to me that such a good/economic/reliable/nice looking car get's so much grief....
Britcar or Britsports? If Britcar it is a very economic competitive toy... quite tempting
Old 11 Dec 2006, 13:33 (Ref:1787985)   #31
Simon S
Racer

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by simon drabble
Britcar or Britsports? If Britcar it is a very economic competitive toy... quite tempting
Britcar.... (and the second seat is not confirmed yet)
Old 11 Dec 2006, 13:53 (Ref:1788006)   #32
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon S
Britcar.... (and the second seat is not confirmed yet)
pm me and I will give you my email address - I have to say that ever since Andy Prilaux took me for a hot lap round the Silverstone GP circuit in one I have thought thta they were cool bits of kit. In Britcar it would be interesting to see whow competitive they are - are the Moslers etc in teh same class and if so presumably the Mosler is quicker but what about the Porsches and Marcos'
Old 16 Dec 2006, 10:54 (Ref:1792007)   #33
Randy
Rookie

United Kingdom
Henley on Thames
Randy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
pm me and I will give you my email address - I have to say that ever since Andy Prilaux took me for a hot lap round the Silverstone GP circuit in one I have thought thta they were cool bits of kit. In Britcar it would be interesting to see whow competitive they are - are the Moslers etc in teh same class and if so presumably the Mosler is quicker but what about the Porsches and Marcos'
The prosport isn't far off a Mosler over a lap but with a std Granny engine (210bhp at the rear wheels) you struggle to pass traffic as effectively. Here is the qually time from the 24 hour http://www.msttiming.com/singlesessi...verstonegp.gif
in that session we ran with well over 100litres of fuel (don't ask!) so the car could have gone quicker. Around a tight track the car is more competitive as displayed here http://www.msttiming.com/result.asp?...brandsindy.gif

Basically the car a really good. If I had the funds I would do a full Britcar season in it but I already have comitments in Group-C and LOTRDC.
Old 26 Apr 2007, 20:53 (Ref:1901224)   #34
Malcolm M
Rookie

Malcolm M should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi, newbie here, just signed up having come across the Prosport 3000 comments.

If of interest to anyone I am intending to take my Prosport 3000 spyder to Silverstone on June 5th for a track day. This is not the Daytona 24 hrs car but the other one!

Bought it as a track day toy and love it although I think I will fall out with the FT200 box soon enough! Just having the gate narrowed so hopefully that will make it a bit easier to use.

Awesome car to drive, the grip is brilliant. Keeps up with virtually everything I have come across so far through the corners but power down to pass those wretched GT3s on the straights.

Old 26 Apr 2007, 21:16 (Ref:1901240)   #35
GBRM
Veteran

England
GBRM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Simon will appreciate this, I did about 10laps aroud Snetterton as a passenger. I think Andy P is a very good driver but I can tell you Snetterton at 6pm with darkness coming down and Gerry Marshall driving is better than anything Andy could/can do, apologies!!

When Prosport was set up the test driver was Eugene O'Brien but they decided to get someone else in, Gerry Marshall!!! We spent the day at Snetterton bombing around (after the short man had spent three days there) and ended up a second quicker overrall.

Eugene then went off and brail drived a 405 into what he could over the season and Pro Sport (like Multisport before it) didn't quite take off.
Old 26 Apr 2007, 21:30 (Ref:1901252)   #36
driftwood
Veteran

If u dont want ft200 i can supply FGC
these cars really should have had them fitted the ft200 cwp was not upto the v6 motor torque and would often wear them out
Old 27 Apr 2007, 06:49 (Ref:1901439)   #37
simon drabble
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBRM
Simon will appreciate this, I did about 10laps aroud Snetterton as a passenger. I think Andy P is a very good driver but I can tell you Snetterton at 6pm with darkness coming down and Gerry Marshall driving is better than anything Andy could/can do, apologies!!

When Prosport was set up the test driver was Eugene O'Brien but they decided to get someone else in, Gerry Marshall!!! We spent the day at Snetterton bombing around (after the short man had spent three days there) and ended up a second quicker overrall.

Eugene then went off and brail drived a 405 into what he could over the season and Pro Sport (like Multisport before it) didn't quite take off.
I would like to think that he would be gentle with his own flock!! AP had a brief to scare witless his passengers (however given my wife can do that just going to teh nearest town I must be a more nervous than usual passenger!) I have been looking at the results to the 24 hour race and see the car finished well down Simon, was there a problem?
Re Eugene O'Brien my lasting memory of him was trying to nudge me out of the way in a Top Hat race at Donington. I and several others complained about his Tin Top driving standards and we never saw him again in Top Hat, shame - NOT!
Old 2 Apr 2009, 15:36 (Ref:2431532)   #38
Jordan Reeve
Rookie

Jordan Reeve should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ProSport - LM3000

Hi,
I've always looked for information and news about the LM3000s as my father used to race them (Tom Reeve) Since being taken to the tracks and watching I've become very interested, I talk to him quite a lot about them and he has a huge interest in bringing them back and he'd love to drive one again. I just really want to know what has happened to them, all I know so far is that one original was sold to a guy in Denmark...
Any basic information would be greatly appreciated, also if you have any questions I'm sure I could pass them on.
Cheers
Old 3 Apr 2009, 07:43 (Ref:2432085)   #39
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
One raced last weekend in Britcar.
Old 3 Apr 2009, 08:02 (Ref:2432092)   #40
Rob29
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire,UK
Rob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If you want to see these cars in action at Mallory Park & Zandvoot look for a movie called 'The Road to Dusty Death' based on a Alistair McLean novel I think-where they masquade as F1 cars!
Old 3 Apr 2009, 11:09 (Ref:2432237)   #41
driftwood
Veteran

how can a prototype masquarade as F1 car??

Most Prosports ended up as corporate arrive n drive/passeneger ride cars

Mike Millard is running his in Britcar this year
Old 3 Apr 2009, 18:11 (Ref:2432620)   #42
collector
Rookie

Germany
somewhere behind the mountain
collector should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I just really want to know what has happened to them, all I know so far is that one original was sold to a guy in Denmark...
You can see this car in may at the Jim Clark Revival on the Eurospeedway in Germany. It will race in der Spezial-Tourenwagen-Trophy.
Old 5 Apr 2009, 15:26 (Ref:2434306)   #43
Jordan Reeve
Rookie

Jordan Reeve should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dusty Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob29 View Post
If you want to see these cars in action at Mallory Park & Zandvoot look for a movie called 'The Road to Dusty Death' based on a Alistair McLean novel I think-where they masquade as F1 cars!
They weren't 'masquade as F1 cars', they were shown as they are. The filming of the car sequences was done in the break between a real race so the crowd and pit crews were all genuine.

My grandfather - Geoffrey Reeve directed that film and my father produced it, he also did most of the driving along with Dave Brunsdon.
Old 5 Apr 2009, 16:05 (Ref:2434365)   #44
Rob29
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire,UK
Rob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan Reeve View Post
They weren't 'masquade as F1 cars', they were shown as they are. The filming of the car sequences was done in the break between a real race so the crowd and pit crews were all genuine.

My grandfather - Geoffrey Reeve directed that film and my father produced it, he also did most of the driving along with Dave Brunsdon.
Maybe the wrong word-my point was the story implied that they were the top level of the sport-races were also suposed to be in eastern europe
Old 21 Apr 2009, 09:33 (Ref:2446165)   #45
Allan Dane
Rookie

Allan Dane should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hey I'm involved with the Prosport LM3000 that went to Denmark late January 2008.
That was Chassis.nr06. Later in the year Chassis.nr16 also arrived in Denmark. It's 06 that's Racing at Eurospeedway. I would be interestet in spare parts/chassis
Old 21 Apr 2009, 09:59 (Ref:2446184)   #46
driftwood
Veteran

i have the CV joints on the shelf
can assist with chassis repairs or probably making you a new frame
i have the FTFG gear ratios dog rings in stock as well as many other race car parts i now send you a private message
Old 22 Apr 2009, 15:05 (Ref:2447061)   #47
sode
Rookie

sode should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Funny.. it's my engineer that found this thread comming alive again..
Chassis nr 06 is alive and well and with the original 320+ engine.
It has been difficult to find anyone with knowledge of the setup for this car
so all last season was much uphill, the ECU was also in the woods, beeing determind
it was -60 degrees outside, but that was fixed with a new Kronenburg ECU
(free)(Stickers)
Over the winther we have done a lot of work to the car, and i is ready now
for the first outing at Eurospeedway in lausitz.

Happy Racing
Mikael
Old 20 May 2009, 17:24 (Ref:2465822)   #48
superlight
Rookie

superlight should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anybody know if anyone has a prosport for sale preferably needing work or even a rolling chassis as i would like to purchase one as a "project" or track day car. If so please contact me asap. Thanks.
Old 20 May 2009, 18:01 (Ref:2465845)   #49
Elio
Veteran

Elio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I saw 3 Pro-Sports 3000s at an RMA Trackday at Brands yesterday. I couldn`t quite believe it!! - almost as many as used to race when I used to watch them in the early `90s!!

Whilst on the subject of Pro-Sports, but being a little off-topic I suppose.... Do any Pro-Sports 3000 stalwarts on here know whether current Formula Renault driver Tom Armour is any relation to Phil (?) Armour who I remember driving Pro-Sports 3000 cars in period??
Old 20 May 2009, 18:32 (Ref:2465865)   #50
superlight
Rookie

superlight should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Its his son.