Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Racers Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 30 Jun 2005, 16:59 (Ref:1343989)   #1
haggispeed
Racer

United Kingdom
near Oulton Park
haggispeed has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Scary - Cannot insure motorhome when racing

I hope this may be of some use to people. We now use a small motorhome for towing to meetings. Ringing around to get the insurance renewal quote I have found, quite by chance, that NONE of the brokers are prepared to offer insurance on a motor home if it is ever going to be taken to and parked in a motor racing paddock !!!!, apparently an "unacceptable risk". I have been going racing for 20 yrs and the paddocks are full of motorhomes (apparently all uninsured..... ??) They won't even insure me and let me accept that it would be uninsured while at an event !!! I am just astounded by it. In my experience motor racing paddocks are pretty secure places, a few tools can go missing if you leave them out but not vehicles, in my experience anyway. I checked my exisiting policy and there's the usual exclusions for racing, rallies etc but nothing about paddocks, apparently it's the actual insurerers not the brokers that have this as a very specific exclusion.
I'm going to follow this up and if anyone's interested will update the thread when I find out more.