Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 9 Nov 2001, 02:59 (Ref:172335)   #1
Radisichrox
Veteran

United States
New York
Radisichrox should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Best weather for a race you have ever seen

As it is becoming increasingly cold and dark "Over the pond" here in the USA, I like to think back to the days of warm and humid days. I'm just wondering, what was the best weather for a race all of you have seen? Considering the fact I have to see everything from a TV screen, the best weather i've seen has had to be Oulton Park, 1994, round 7, Donington (not sure which round, but not the first, it's when they use the GP circuit)1999, Donington 1994 rounds 8+9, Oulton Park round 9, 1997. That's all that I can think of right now.

Also, a quick question. In a lot of the early 90s races (1991-1993) it looks like for some of the races, that they take place in the later part of the day. Does anyone know what time the races were held? It's weird, at the final round in 1992, it looks like the sun is going down (which it is). Thanks.
Old 9 Nov 2001, 09:45 (Ref:172403)   #2
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
The main race usually starts around 2.30/3.00pm especially given that the times you are talking about TOCA only had the one race and not the double headers of recent years. If the race was early or late on the calender then it's quite possible the sun would have quite low in the sky as they raced.
Old 11 Nov 2001, 07:45 (Ref:173154)   #3
knowlesy59
Racer

Wales
WALES
knowlesy59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i dont know why but every race that i have been to,(oulton last 3 seasons and silverstone this year),it has been sunny with not a drop of rain in the air at all.although there was a bloody chilly wind at silverstone!actually i should touch wood shouldnt i.!..

touch wood.
Old 11 Nov 2001, 09:02 (Ref:173169)   #4
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Would you like to make a few more visits to Brands Hatch, we could do with your luck with the weather there at times!
Old 11 Nov 2001, 10:14 (Ref:173183)   #5
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
The sun was definately 'low in the sky' at the final round at Brands, Stephen! BUT... apart from the fact it was so cold, it was superb weather to watch racing in - a wet track is always entertaining
Old 11 Nov 2001, 12:48 (Ref:173234)   #6
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Your right Craig, but it keeps us marshals on our toes in those conditions. You never know what car they are going to throw at you next lol...