Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 17 Mar 2003, 16:48 (Ref:539108)   #1
Marshal
Veteran

Marshal should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMarshal should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Incident Training at Thruxton

Just a quick note to thank those who organised the incident training day at Thruxton on Saturday, I thought it was very useful and informative. Its not going to tempt me off the bank, but if you are interested in Rescue I thought it made an excellent introduction. So thanks to Tellytubby and Darrell B, and nice to meet you and Steve Tarrant and Rzsio.

Jon
Old 17 Mar 2003, 17:31 (Ref:539183)   #2
Steve Tarrant
Veteran

England
Poole, UK
Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!
And good to put another face to a name.

Glad you enjoyed it, I know I did too. Think even if you're not wanting to move, at least to have familiarisation with their equipment (!) and practices (!!) is good to have.

Steve
Old 17 Mar 2003, 17:35 (Ref:539189)   #3
Richard Sneader
Veteran

Scotland
Grays, Essex
Richard Sneader should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I also agree, I found it an excellent day and good fun and for myself good revision. I previosly before this already showed an interest in going on the rescue unit and this just fuelled me more.
Good to see evryone and thanks to those instructing.
I reccomend everyone should do this day at some point as it is good to know what the units do and why they do what they do at an incident.
Rich S.
Old 17 Mar 2003, 19:11 (Ref:539297)   #4
Teletubby
Veteran

England
Hampshire
Teletubby should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTeletubby should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Exactly which 'practices' are you referring to Mr Tarrant?
Old 18 Mar 2003, 08:40 (Ref:539888)   #5
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Well, the Major Incident training day the previous weekend was also extremely interesting and informative. Don Basins and myself had a brilliant day with the guys on the Rescue Units and St John peeps. It was good to meet young Martin once again and not forgetting Steve (gonfra) and Daryll. Thanks to all for a memorable day!
Old 18 Mar 2003, 15:08 (Ref:540203)   #6
b1ackcr0w
Veteran

b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!
Be honest Stephen, it was the thrill of meeting the Mr&Mrs B1ackcr0w that really got you excited wasn't it?

Old 18 Mar 2003, 15:22 (Ref:540218)   #7
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Well I didn't want to cause you any embarrasment by mentioning that part, but as you have mentioned it now, yes you are right. An honour indeed!
Old 20 Mar 2003, 22:37 (Ref:542549)   #8
DarrellB
Racer

United Kingdom
Wiltshire
DarrellB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks to all those who attended and had some enjoyable and informative days and thanks for all the positive responses.
We shall be running a similar day again next year for any who may have missed out this year.
For anyone who may be interested in joining the rescue crew these days are a useful introduction and we may then invite you along to observe on a unit on a race meeting.
Please feel free to come and talk to the crew we don't bite as long as were well fed (donuts and coffee!!)and have had our afternoon nap.
Old 23 Mar 2003, 22:08 (Ref:545798)   #9
sss
Veteran

England
life is to short, dance naked
sss should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
it doesnt have to be limited to donuts, any kind of sweet foods can be accepted after examination by the crew