Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 12 Jan 2005, 22:25 (Ref:1199403)   #1
Sheila M
Veteran

England
Burton-Upon-Trent
Sheila M should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSheila M should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Marshals' Training at Donington Park

I understand that the Marshals' Training at Donington is on the weekend of 29/30 January.

I have no further details at this time but I understand that the Off Course session (on 30th January) is going to be run by Alan Ward with me assisting.
It won't be a "training" session as such but various scenarios are being worked on to give you practical experience of things that could (and do) happen in a pit lane.

Once I have further details of other training sessions, sign on times and such like I'll let you all know. (Unless of course someone already has access to this information and would like to share it with us?).
Old 13 Jan 2005, 22:09 (Ref:1200299)   #2
Sheila M
Veteran

England
Burton-Upon-Trent
Sheila M should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSheila M should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
OK, I've got the full details now - there's only one problem - it's in a text box and I can't copy and paste it in here for some odd reason. I have requested a plain text version that I can use but in the meantime if anyone wants the details, please PM me with your e-mail address and I'll send it to you!

Sheila
Old 14 Jan 2005, 22:48 (Ref:1201259)   #3
Sheila M
Veteran

England
Burton-Upon-Trent
Ah, it would appear I've had yet another "senior moment". What I should have said in the intial posting regarding the Off-course training was:

"It most certainly will be a training session and will gain the necessary signature. It is the format that may be different. "

Those of you who know me well enough will realise that this is precisely what I intended to say!
Old 24 Jan 2005, 23:10 (Ref:1209052)   #4
Sheila M
Veteran

England
Burton-Upon-Trent
So, how many of you will be attending? I promise it WILL be good fun!
Old 24 Jan 2005, 23:35 (Ref:1209068)   #5
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
January? Oh, dear, I didn't look too closely, I assumed it was February. Doh. Don't think I can get a pass out in for this Saturday. When's the absolute latest I can volunteer if I can?
Old 25 Jan 2005, 13:10 (Ref:1209487)   #6
Sheila M
Veteran

England
Burton-Upon-Trent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woolley
January? Oh, dear, I didn't look too closely, I assumed it was February. Doh. Don't think I can get a pass out in for this Saturday. When's the absolute latest I can volunteer if I can?
Erm not sure - do you have Marc Mills telephone number? If so, you could give him a ring and have a word with him. Failing that e-mail me and I'll send you all the info I have and you can make your mind up then.

Can we make this a hot topic for the next couple of days please? Just in case anyone else thought it was in February, you understand!
Old 25 Jan 2005, 13:55 (Ref:1209557)   #7
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I guess I should have realized that 29/30 wasn't February...

Observer training?
Old 25 Jan 2005, 21:20 (Ref:1209849)   #8
Sheila M
Veteran

England
Burton-Upon-Trent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woolley
I guess I should have realized that 29/30 wasn't February...

Observer training?
That's on SATURDAY 29TH JANUARY (i.e. the day after Friday - the last working day of the week and the day BEFORE Sunday 30th January, which is the day that Rescue and Off Course training happens!)
Old 25 Jan 2005, 21:24 (Ref:1209854)   #9
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
Mark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheila M
That's on SATURDAY 29TH JANUARY .....- the last working day of the week

huh! For me it's the second working day of the week!!
Old 25 Jan 2005, 21:37 (Ref:1209869)   #10
scribbler
Rookie

England
Cheshire
scribbler should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Help!
I'm trying to book (or at least find the start time) for the course/fire training day at Donington next Sunday.
It seems that Marc Mills' contact phone number as printed on the BMMC website is incorrect. A very nice lady in Glasgow is wondering why she's getting so much attention from husky marshals.
Whom do I contact, please?
Phil Gosling
Old 25 Jan 2005, 22:01 (Ref:1209898)   #11
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
Mark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Phil, try sending a PM to JimW on here or emailing him via here!

he may not be directly involved but he might have the right contact numbers etc!
Old 25 Jan 2005, 22:15 (Ref:1209916)   #12
Sheila M
Veteran

England
Burton-Upon-Trent
Quote:
Originally Posted by philgoslinguk
Help!
I'm trying to book (or at least find the start time) for the course/fire training day at Donington next Sunday.
It seems that Marc Mills' contact phone number as printed on the BMMC website is incorrect. A very nice lady in Glasgow is wondering why she's getting so much attention from husky marshals.
Whom do I contact, please?
Phil Gosling
Sign on is at 0830 in the GP Suite. You should contact Marc so drop me a PM and I'll give you the correct contact numbers.

Sheila
Old 25 Jan 2005, 23:32 (Ref:1209985)   #13
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
May well be able to play after all, so I've pm'd you, Shiela. Thanks.
Old 30 Jan 2005, 22:27 (Ref:1213391)   #14
Sheila M
Veteran

England
Burton-Upon-Trent
On behalf of Alan and me thank you to everyone who turned up at the Off Course training today. We hope you enjoyed it as much as we did and that you learned something despite our elderly wafflings!

It was unfortunate that the day did not run as we had originally envisaged because the equipment had to be returned to the hirers at lunchtime. This meant that the whole day was run back to front i.e. we started with what we had hoped to finish with!

If you have any feedback on the training session (good or bad), please let me know and I'll make sure it's passed on.

Special thanks to Vi and Nottingham Sportscar Club for providing lunch for everyone.

Sheila
x
Old 30 Jan 2005, 23:15 (Ref:1213424)   #15
Stevespurr
Veteran

Stevespurr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
On behalf of my family and Clair thank you for a great day it was very enjoyable a lot wasearnt by all of us. Steve Snr.
Old 30 Jan 2005, 23:34 (Ref:1213439)   #16
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Unfortunately in the end I wasn't able to make it, but I did think of you all! Hope everyone enjoyed it and learned something from the day, I know i always have done.