Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > 10 Tenths Motorsport > Announcements and Feedback

Old 26 Apr 2001, 05:43 (Ref:85178)   #1
Les
Veteran

Kenya
Suffolk,UK
Les should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

I seem to be experiencing a problem moving backwards and forwards through the posts. I think that whenever a hot topic is hit it goes into a 'Groundhog day' and just goes round and round in a loop.

Is this just me - is there a way out - help!!
Old 26 Apr 2001, 08:56 (Ref:85212)   #2
Maisie
Veteran

Maisie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You're not the only one

Since the forum software was updated, it's irritated me that on the newest topic, there was still a "next topic" option, rather than it not being there. This means when you're pushed for time, you end up loading unneccessary pages. Now I've found that on the newest topic, I get the "groundhog day" problem - not even a message that there are no newer topics. This isn't just on Hot Topics either.

On the subject of Hot Topics, I don't think having them at the top of the list is such a "hot" idea. Since, as far as I can tell, the "next topic" option goes by date/time, if you start looking at topics at the bottom of the list, ie the oldest, and the Hot Topic at the top of the list happens to be older than that, then you miss the Hot Topic altogether as you go through topics, which sort of defeats the purpose of having Hot Topics in the first place
Old 26 Apr 2001, 10:35 (Ref:85231)   #3
mtpanorama
Veteran

Australia
Bathurst (best racetrack in the world)
mtpanorama should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ive got the same problem. Groundhog Daaaayyyyyyyyyy. The same topic appers when you hit next/last topic. It doesnt matter whether im on the hot topic or just a general one i cant move anywhere.

Also agree with you Masie on the hot topic.You look at the hot topic and then hit last and end up halfway down the page some where

I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't looking good, either
Old 26 Apr 2001, 18:32 (Ref:85408)   #4
Les
Veteran

Kenya
Suffolk,UK
The hot topics bit is easy - I just ignore them and start with the next one down. The hot topic then appears in it's correct time slot.

The other thing that bugs me - When you post a reply you end up back at the top of the list so you end up trawling through everything again to get to where you were. I now resort to the back button.
Old 29 Apr 2001, 13:54 (Ref:86548)   #5
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
The next/last problem has been rectified in the new installation. Apologies for that...
Old 29 Apr 2001, 20:20 (Ref:86780)   #6
Les
Veteran

Kenya
Suffolk,UK
Thanks Craig.

It's back to being all hunky dory again.

Now tell me please :-
when going down the list of posts using the next button and posting replies - is there a way of continuing in the same order and not ending up back at the top of the list?
How does everyone else do it?
Old 29 Apr 2001, 21:03 (Ref:86792)   #7
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Right click on the 'reply to' link and open in a new window. Them continue reading next thread in teh original window
Old 30 Apr 2001, 05:46 (Ref:86899)   #8
Les
Veteran

Kenya
Suffolk,UK
Thanks - I'll give that a go.