Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 11 Dec 2018, 16:07 (Ref:3869457)   #76
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos is a back marker
Was it a "serious try out" or an easy way to get some money from local available entries?
Old 11 Dec 2018, 22:24 (Ref:3869549)   #77
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It was

something
Old 16 Jan 2019, 14:04 (Ref:3876500)   #78
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Easily the best addition in the short history of the series:

http://www.dailysportscar.com/2019/0...jei77WaQnjh7L4

A whooping 5 miles (well almost)!
Old 16 Jan 2019, 17:10 (Ref:3876533)   #79
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post
Easily the best addition in the short history of the series:

http://www.dailysportscar.com/2019/0...jei77WaQnjh7L4

A whooping 5 miles (well almost)!
So are they going to have to change the series name now? Asian Australian Le Mans Series?
Old 16 Jan 2019, 20:14 (Ref:3876571)   #80
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
Australasian Le Mans Series. Or the old Asia-Pacific Le Mans Series.

We'll see how this goes, but you're going to want a good-sized grid for the 4.828-mile course layout not to appear really empty.

Honestly, I'm getting a bit of a Miller vibe, where ALMS and GA ran the long course at first, then the shorter layout, and then just left.

Even the 3.076-mile configuration seems a bit fiddly, and neither one is especially fast. For GT3s, I have fast laps noted down for the Long Course of a 3:03.821, and for the Short Course, a 1:48.400.

It just seems like there's too many places for the LMPs to get stuck in traffic, and it's a long lap to boot. It could be kind of a frustrating, and even disorienting, watch. I hope there are more visible surroundings for the track by then; otherwise, you may get lost wondering which of the 35 (give or take) corners you're looking at.

My hope for an Australian round would have been Phillip Island, no contest. Oh well. Like I said at the top, we'll see how this goes.
Old 18 Jan 2019, 18:12 (Ref:3877036)   #81
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It is interesting, they should integrate that new Australian LMP3 series to the grid... and most definitely make it more than the stock 4 hours (I noticed they had transformed the past Buriram event back to that again too)
Old 21 Feb 2019, 17:16 (Ref:3885785)   #82
Deleted
Veteran

Fuji is dead

2019 Nov 22-24 – Shanghai 4 Hours
2020 Jan 10-12 – The Bend 4 Hours
2020 Feb 14-15 – Sepang 4 Hours (Night Race)
2020 Feb 21-23 – Buriram 4 Hours

So the LM entries will be delayed to March next year as well
Old 22 Feb 2019, 22:01 (Ref:3886051)   #83
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos is a back marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
Fuji is dead

2019 Nov 22-24 – Shanghai 4 Hours
2020 Jan 10-12 – The Bend 4 Hours
2020 Feb 14-15 – Sepang 4 Hours (Night Race)
2020 Feb 21-23 – Buriram 4 Hours

So the LM entries will be delayed to March next year as well

This is such an interesting racing series that ACO could organise 4 races in Vietnam that no one would notice. That's sad.
Old 23 Feb 2019, 16:53 (Ref:3886158)   #84
Deleted
Veteran

Apparently it's getting great viewership figures in China
Old 23 Feb 2019, 23:53 (Ref:3886216)   #85
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos is a back marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
Apparently it's getting great viewership figures in China

Do they think we are dumb? There is no Chinese superhero in the series. Why would Chinese watch those races?
Old 24 Feb 2019, 08:43 (Ref:3886250)   #86
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yeah I only watch races where there are British superheroes. If they dresss in a Union Jack coloured Lycra suit then that’s even better. I’m not stupid enough to watch if I don’t have a Brit to cheer on.
Old 24 Feb 2019, 19:15 (Ref:3886368)   #87
carbsmith
Veteran

carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!
It's a Pro-Am series where the teams pay the way, I don't see why this even matters.
Old 25 Feb 2019, 13:01 (Ref:3886521)   #88
valedave
Racer

United Kingdom
valedave should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridvaledave should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridvaledave should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
For what it's worth, I think the production is great. Really enjoyed the race on Sunday. Obviously Graham carries it, he really is just outstanding at talking about sportscars.

I don't know how or why, but the comms guys doing pieces to camera before/after the race really add to the whole feel IMO.
Old 25 Feb 2019, 18:31 (Ref:3886573)   #89
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos is a back marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
Yeah I only watch races where there are British superheroes. If they dresss in a Union Jack coloured Lycra suit then that’s even better. I’m not stupid enough to watch if I don’t have a Brit to cheer on.
That's you. Tell that to the millions that watch Asian Le Mans in China Ah wait. Youtube counts 29,855 views (3 views are mine at least).
Old 28 Feb 2019, 06:17 (Ref:3887221)   #90
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juntos View Post
That's you. Tell that to the millions that watch Asian Le Mans in China Ah wait. Youtube counts 29,855 views (3 views are mine at least).
Did you know youtube is 'banned' in China? As in it's a censored site. Of course it's still visited by the Chinese people but you get what I'm saying. Viewership can't be determined by view count on one website.
Old 28 Feb 2019, 22:37 (Ref:3887427)   #91
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos is a back marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
Did you know youtube is 'banned' in China? As in it's a censored site. Of course it's still visited by the Chinese people but you get what I'm saying. Viewership can't be determined by view count on one website.

You're definitely right. I just don't understand why the series is so popular in China that the only Chinese team is discretely racing in GT class.
Old 1 Mar 2019, 16:24 (Ref:3887590)   #92
Deleted
Veteran

“I am left with no other conclusion to reach than the fact that our Asian Series win effectively allowed the Selection Committee to take what, by any measure, would surely have been at least one selected entry on merit, off the table."

http://www.dailysportscar.com/2019/0...ans-entry.html
Old 24 May 2019, 14:48 (Ref:3905510)   #93
Deleted
Veteran

The 2018/19 Asian Le Mans Series achieved a live stream audience of 4.33 million viewers around the world. In addition to the global reach of the stream, 1.48 million people watched over 600 hours of Series highlights that were broadcast across 104 countries on 57 channels equating to, on average, 1.45 million viewers for each of the four races of the 2018/19 season.

-- Through increased social media video and other new content, the Series saw significant growth in reach on social media platforms. The result was each event hashtag (ie #4HSepang) achieving, on average, 8.5 million impressions and reaching 1.1 million users on Twitter alone.

http://www.dailysportscar.com/2019/0...19-season.html

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight
Old 24 May 2019, 15:48 (Ref:3905523)   #94
ApexTurtle
Racer

United States
ApexTurtle is a back marker
Do you have better figures?
Old 24 May 2019, 16:47 (Ref:3905535)   #95
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
55,000 spectators!
Old 24 May 2019, 21:04 (Ref:3905566)   #96
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos is a back marker
Always sleep with one eye open. Never take anything for granted.

Someone has been cooking figures in Indochina.
Old 19 Jul 2019, 16:18 (Ref:3918492)   #97
Deleted
Veteran

I was bored again so here's a graph for entries that took part in official race event practice sessions in the last decade

Old 11 Aug 2019, 14:39 (Ref:3922294)   #98
Deleted
Veteran

NASCAR rent-ride team will field two old-gen Onroaks (unsure if powered by Judd or Nissan or whatever)
http://www.dailysportscar.com/2019/0...-and-imsa.html

It's good for the old non-spec P2s to still show up, I was afraid it was going to be mostly the boring new-gen spec cars here as well. The LM auto invite obviously helps
Old 12 Aug 2019, 20:50 (Ref:3922487)   #99
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos is a back marker
They are all there for the LM invitation. The series gathers zero interest (well, slight higher for the less septics) in Asia.
Old 22 Aug 2019, 11:33 (Ref:3923729)   #100
Deleted
Veteran

APR planning to field JSP2-Judd in addition to stock Oreca 07, so there should be still competition in the non-spec side of LMP2 as well.
http://www.dailysportscar.com/2019/0...ns-effort.html

Wikipedia lists the NASCAR team's Onroak as having Nissan engine, but the source it links to says nothing about it