Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 18 Jul 2010, 11:21 (Ref:2728408)   #51
stmookeyj033
Veteran

stmookeyj033 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post

What do you see when taking a look at this?
I SEE PRIDE, I SEE POWER, I SEE A BAD ASS MOTHER WHO WON'T TAKE NO S*** FROM NO-ONE

Seriously, I see a car that is basically littered with sponsors that all make up enough to enter the championship.
Old 18 Jul 2010, 23:41 (Ref:2728790)   #52
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
So based on this Bundaberg Rum article, does a business turning over $183m a year *really* have the marketing funds available for a 2 car main game team?

At full commercial rates, the BRR cars would cost upwards of $2m a year to become title sponsor, to sell the bulk of the space on the car.

Seems a lot of money to have plonked into one marketing device...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 19 Jul 2010, 02:30 (Ref:2728823)   #53
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bundy Red is naming rights on Friday night Footy (NRL) and a fair bit of other stuff in NRL.
Old 26 Jul 2010, 09:24 (Ref:2733169)   #54
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Interesting to read in MeN that Mr Caruso is allegedly on the HRT shopping list to replace Mr Davison if/when he departs...

While the noise around Mr D'Alberto moving to HRT also gets stronger from other powder rooms... something to do with Wilson Security moving to TDR for a different driver...

Stranger things have happened...
Old 26 Jul 2010, 10:09 (Ref:2733195)   #55
anthony81901
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
anthony81901 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Interesting to read in MeN that Mr Caruso is allegedly on the HRT shopping list to replace Mr Davison if/when he departs
Must be a slow news day. MeN seem obsessed with gossiping about driver moves, much of it dare I say is with little foundation.
Old 26 Jul 2010, 10:26 (Ref:2733208)   #56
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Radelaide, South Australia
Chatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony81901 View Post
Must be a slow news day. MeN seem obsessed with gossiping about driver moves, much of it dare I say is with little foundation.
Not much else to discuss with a 9 week break between rounds...!
"A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racing’s important to men who do it well. When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting." - Steve McQueen
Old 26 Jul 2010, 11:33 (Ref:2733245)   #57
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
its hard to imagine none of the drivers have stubbed their toe in the past week....
Old 26 Jul 2010, 11:41 (Ref:2733249)   #58
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I don't see much of V8 Supercars, but I'm familiar with most of the drivers on the page 1 list.
How many of the feeder series drivers are likely to move up a level? Alot of the drivers on the list seem to be the same year on year, even the ones who don't seem to have done much. Is the feeder series not highly rated or something, or have I just got it completely wrong?
Old 26 Jul 2010, 12:04 (Ref:2733266)   #59
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Interesting to read in MeN that Mr Caruso is allegedly on the HRT shopping list to replace Mr Davison if/when he departs...

While the noise around Mr D'Alberto moving to HRT also gets stronger from other powder rooms... something to do with Wilson Security moving to TDR for a different driver...

Stranger things have happened...
who might this driver be?
Old 26 Jul 2010, 14:36 (Ref:2733364)   #60
Belly13
Veteran

Australia
Bathurst, NSW
Belly13 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
MeN will probably report next week that it's Michael Caruso
GRM's #1 Supporter 2014
Bloody Volvo Drivers...
Old 26 Jul 2010, 23:12 (Ref:2733699)   #61
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
FPR To Chase Sponsors During The Break

So... will Orrcon be back? Or Dunlop? The article doesnt fill you with confidence
Old 26 Jul 2010, 23:44 (Ref:2733708)   #62
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ostrogothicus View Post
I don't see much of V8 Supercars, but I'm familiar with most of the drivers on the page 1 list.
How many of the feeder series drivers are likely to move up a level? Alot of the drivers on the list seem to be the same year on year, even the ones who don't seem to have done much. Is the feeder series not highly rated or something, or have I just got it completely wrong?
it often depends if their fathers (or sometimes mothers) have the $$ to finance the step up
Old 27 Jul 2010, 21:39 (Ref:2734245)   #63
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Meantime in AA, Mr Walkinshaw is apparently in town... and shaking trees (as he always seems to do)

It seems that Mr Davison has been given the "get results or get out" speech, while a review of BRR suggests that this 2 car team may be sold off (including RECs) if WP can't make its existence stack up strategically.

AA also alludes to Mr Walkinshaw being ill, which he has been (it has been an open secret for some time that Mr Walkinshaw has been visited by the big C ) so the BRR options creates thoughts around a possible exit strategy
Old 27 Jul 2010, 21:53 (Ref:2734253)   #64
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Triple 8 to field four cars. Oh the indigestion that that situation would cause!!
Old 27 Jul 2010, 22:24 (Ref:2734269)   #65
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axeman444 View Post
its hard to imagine none of the drivers have stubbed their toe in the past week....
I hear JW stubbed his toe on the weekend-there'll be a V8Xtra episode coming up in the next few weeks devoted to this...
Old 31 Jul 2010, 11:38 (Ref:2736297)   #66
Chris - Melb
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Chris - Melb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridChris - Melb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Colin Turkington has virtually not raced all year, yet is going pretty well in the couple of World Touring Car Championship rounds he has competed in.

I know he has in the past indicated he is interested in the possibility of getting into the V8 Supercar, so I wonder how well he would go, considering how quick he is in a rearwheel drive BMW: http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/85718
Old 31 Jul 2010, 12:19 (Ref:2736309)   #67
Malfunction Junction
Racer

Malfunction Junction should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMalfunction Junction should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Here's a thought;

Marcos Ambrose signs for PMM alongside......Ingall.

Murphy moves to LDR.

No actual info, but there's a certain something to it....
Old 31 Jul 2010, 21:38 (Ref:2736714)   #68
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malfunction Junction View Post
Here's a thought;

Marcos Ambrose signs for PMM alongside......Ingall.

Murphy moves to LDR.

No actual info, but there's a certain something to it....
Is that outcome any better than what is happening now, with LDR allegedly shopping for an 888 car & technical support package?
Old 10 Aug 2010, 05:44 (Ref:2742285)   #69
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Where to in 2011??
Old 13 Aug 2010, 00:41 (Ref:2743850)   #70
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Mad Max for #16 next year?
http://www.speedcafe.com.au/2010/08/...-v8-supercars/

or possibly co-driving #7 in this year's enduros?
Old 20 Aug 2010, 18:07 (Ref:2747700)   #71
stmookeyj033
Veteran

stmookeyj033 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Papis is doing Nascar trucks next year from what I've heard.
Old 23 Aug 2010, 22:53 (Ref:2749238)   #72
thunderbolt
Veteran

thunderbolt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
maybe ?
mark webber to drive for Paul Morris in the future ?
http://sportal.com.au/motorsport-new...may-quit-97255

Quote:
"Definitely [I will do] some more sporting challenges before I get too old and return to Australia to drink red wine."
Old 6 Sep 2010, 21:19 (Ref:2755411)   #73
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
New Boss for PMM?
Old 6 Sep 2010, 23:58 (Ref:2755449)   #74
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderbolt View Post
maybe ?
mark webber to drive for Paul Morris in the future ?
http://sportal.com.au/motorsport-new...may-quit-97255
bit of a long bow to draw don't you think?
Old 7 Sep 2010, 23:47 (Ref:2755992)   #75
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
F1 Engineer to Team Vodafone...

With Mr Douglas recently joining this squad, and now Mr Russell... sounds kinda expensive...