Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 3 Apr 2019, 19:54 (Ref:3895144)   #2026
canaglia
Veteran

canaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
silly points system... just make it the same for all races despite the length as IMSA use to do.
Old 3 Apr 2019, 20:03 (Ref:3895147)   #2027
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Tbh the super season is confusing enough at times as it is
Old 3 Apr 2019, 20:44 (Ref:3895157)   #2028
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by canaglia View Post
silly points system... just make it the same for all races despite the length as IMSA use to do.
Meh I don't like it, I remember FIA GT 2009 using similar system when Pekaracing Corvette dominated Spa 24 Hours, but still lost championship to the Vitaphone Maserati which was mildly better in the 2 hour sprint races. Didn't really match up

But that was a great season otherwise, I miss it
Old 4 Apr 2019, 00:10 (Ref:3895176)   #2029
carbsmith
Veteran

carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!
Le Mans was only not double points because they didn't want one track accounting for like 40% of the championship with the two races in one season.
Old 4 Apr 2019, 06:23 (Ref:3895187)   #2030
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'm also not a fan of double points for Le Mans. It means a Le Mans victory has a huge effect on the championship. The prize for winning Le Mans is winning Le Mans. The Championship should be about the entire years performance.
Old 4 Apr 2019, 09:52 (Ref:3895216)   #2031
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
In the end it does't really matter anyway as Le Mans as the final race of the season means no-one's really gonna care of the championship results popping up after the race, only LM results.
Old 6 Apr 2019, 02:50 (Ref:3895624)   #2032
TheMightyM
Veteran

TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
In the end it does't really matter anyway as Le Mans as the final race of the season means no-one's really gonna care of the championship results popping up after the race, only LM results.
True. Which is why I still don't get the switch to the winter season.
Old 6 Apr 2019, 09:28 (Ref:3895656)   #2033
ApexTurtle
Racer

United States
ApexTurtle is a back marker
I understand one of the reasons for that is so that all freight can be done by sea, saving quite a bit of money for everyone involved.
Old 9 Apr 2019, 04:28 (Ref:3896354)   #2034
GasperG
Veteran

Slovenia
GasperG has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I think it's to get more anticipation for the final race. The first few races before LeMans were always interesting because they were showing performance of the new cars. Even prologe was more interesting to watch than some of the races in the end of the season. Now new cars will be presented in autumn and it will be more interesting to see small developments through all of the races.
Old 9 Apr 2019, 08:27 (Ref:3896380)   #2035
Deleted
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasperG View Post
I think it's to get more anticipation for the final race. The first few races before LeMans were always interesting because they were showing performance of the new cars. Even prologe was more interesting to watch than some of the races in the end of the season. Now new cars will be presented in autumn and it will be more interesting to see small developments through all of the races.
Maybe but the concepts of tech freeze, spec, BoP and succes ballast mean that the "developments" are largely gonna be irrelevant. Except perhaps for reliability
Old 9 Apr 2019, 16:21 (Ref:3896451)   #2036
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Not directly related to this topic as it has more to do with future rules, but just be glad we have what we have now if the ACO get their way with the post 2020 rules as far as BOP and car performance.
Old 12 Apr 2019, 14:33 (Ref:3897015)   #2037
Deleted
Veteran

Yes but it will be so bittersweet to watch the next two LMs

It's like your dear old dog that you know isn't going to be around anymore in few years time

And the realization that the termites have find their way in not only to the lower floor of the house, but also the upper

Last edited by Deleted; 12 Apr 2019 at 14:39.
Old 12 Apr 2019, 14:54 (Ref:3897018)   #2038
ApexTurtle
Racer

United States
ApexTurtle is a back marker
Many people seem to be fans of BoP though. Some even defend it as being a panacea for all racing, even F1.

To make it even more sad, even World Superbikes have introduced it in the form of rev limits.
Old 12 Apr 2019, 15:04 (Ref:3897022)   #2039
Deleted
Veteran

I don't know if people are 'fans' of it, rather most don't know about it, or care to know

I will forever remember the appearance of some NASCAR fan on livestream chat for Sebring 2013, he said it was so boring when all cars were not doing the same speed and unfair/ridiculous that Audi was so much faster, and that there should be parity to make it exciting for all

And now that's reality
Old 12 Apr 2019, 15:18 (Ref:3897024)   #2040
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
If there's one thing F1 does right, it's that it has a formula. At least we have a year and a half left!
Old 12 Apr 2019, 15:30 (Ref:3897026)   #2041
Deleted
Veteran

Yeah F1 might have lame gimmicks and all sorts of sterilization policies, however it is up to the manufacturers and teams to provide the results, not some committee.

We have to LMs, but only one Sebring left though
Old 12 Apr 2019, 17:30 (Ref:3897051)   #2042
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
I will forever remember the appearance of some NASCAR fan on livestream chat for Sebring 2013, he said it was so boring when all cars were not doing the same speed and unfair/ridiculous that Audi was so much faster, and that there should be parity to make it exciting for all
I'm kinda sad but I guess ultimately happy I didn't get to experience this appearance and subsequent posting.

Nothing lasts forever. I'll bet there are people who lamented jousting be relegated to entertainment acts. "It used to be able real men, and who was the best knight!"

We've had a good 100ish year run of auto racing having some element of development to make better cars to purchase. We're just now starting to be truthful with ourselves and coming to the realization as a species that it's actually more marketing than anything else.

At least we live in a time where it's easier to recollect what we miss. They didn't even have phones with cameras in the middle ages to record jousts!
Old 13 Apr 2019, 02:30 (Ref:3897131)   #2043
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:

I really enjoy that kind of thing because it makes me feel so superior.

Bless, the great unwashed.
Old 13 Apr 2019, 08:48 (Ref:3897178)   #2044
Deleted
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
I really enjoy that kind of thing because it makes me feel so superior.

Bless, the great unwashed.
That's great.
Old 13 Apr 2019, 11:49 (Ref:3897208)   #2045
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I hope that Sportscar racing, especially that based at LM, remains, or even returns to, a truly open competition with variety and great engineering.

I also hope that motorsport maintains variety and has different formats. If that attracts fans and people of different views even better. I don’t treat motorsport series and their fans like football teams.

Our way isn’t the only way.

Sorry for the brash way of saying that. I shouldn’t have said it like that.
Old 22 Apr 2019, 09:44 (Ref:3898974)   #2046
Deleted
Veteran

Maybe stupid question I've been too lazy to follow on, but do we still have the lame simultaneous refueling & tires for LM this year? It has been thankfully axed for the 19-20 season, and has already been phased out in ELMS beginning at Ricard, but is it still in force for LM this year?

On the hybrid - nonhybrid front, I just hope that the mandated one lap advantage for hybrid and the penalties associated with it aren't silently reinstated after Spa.
Old 23 Apr 2019, 12:48 (Ref:3899173)   #2047
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Maybe stupid question I've been too lazy to follow on, but do we still have the lame simultaneous refueling & tires for LM this year? It has been thankfully axed for the 19-20 season, and has already been phased out in ELMS beginning at Ricard, but is it still in force for LM this year?

On the hybrid - nonhybrid front, I just hope that the mandated one lap advantage for hybrid and the penalties associated with it aren't silently reinstated after Spa.
Good question.

The LM supplementary sporting regulations, dated 20 December 2018, state that 'Wheel change operations are allowed during refuelling operations'.

Disappointing, but I suppose it is consistent through the course of the championship season.
Old 23 Apr 2019, 13:01 (Ref:3899175)   #2048
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
From a regs standpoint I don't think they can remove it from one round of the championship. Shame to see it wreck two editions of Le Mans. But at least they've taken steps to rectify it going forward.
Old 24 Apr 2019, 18:37 (Ref:3899455)   #2049
Deleted
Veteran

It'll be weird for ELMS teams already utilizing the old system
Old 26 Apr 2019, 20:08 (Ref:3899872)   #2050
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
The ACO have lifted the fuel allocation per lap limit for LMP1 privateers for at least Spa and maybe Le Mans. They now have unlimited fuel allocation per lap, while Toyota also got a bump from 61.3mj/lap to 71.3mj/lap.

Also, GTE-Pro cars for the LM test day and LM itself will have to run at least one fuel flow meter homolgated by the ACO.

www.motorsport.com/wec/news/lmp1-privateers-fuel-limits-scrapped/4376490/?nrt=205&fbclid=IwAR304DlF-c9qMQDcPjtCofXVmAYRtq5VZpjL4T1HheiE8ejvx4YAcOGuItw