Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 23 Feb 2019, 22:20 (Ref:3886205)   #1
Dyson Mazda
Veteran

United States
Charlotte, NC
Dyson Mazda should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDyson Mazda should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Best female sports car racers

If you have to rank the top 5 female sports car racers of all time, what does your list look like?
Old 24 Feb 2019, 01:36 (Ref:3886228)   #2
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
As an American: Janet Guthrie and Lyn St. James. Michele Mouton needs to be considered given the LeMans class win (with Marianne Hoepfner and Christine Dacremont).
Old 24 Feb 2019, 08:44 (Ref:3886251)   #3
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Lella Lombardi had a Sportscar career after F1. In 1979 she won the 6 hours of Pergusa and the 6 hours of Vallelunga. She also had a few Le Mans starts.
Old 24 Feb 2019, 09:59 (Ref:3886266)   #4
GCCheddaris
Veteran

England
Weymouth
GCCheddaris should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
In 1980 , Desire Wilson won both the Monza 1000 km and the Silverstone 6 Hours after a third place finish at Brands Hatch alongside Alain De Cadenet in his eponymous car . They went on to finish seventh at Le Mans that year .
Old 24 Feb 2019, 10:04 (Ref:3886270)   #5
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Definitely Lyn St James and Desire Wilson should be up there. Others I need to think about
Old 24 Feb 2019, 11:28 (Ref:3886291)   #6
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Flick Haigh surely needs a mention- British GT Champ last year.
Old 24 Feb 2019, 12:12 (Ref:3886302)   #7
GCCheddaris
Veteran

England
Weymouth
GCCheddaris should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lilian Bryner must rate very highly as she was part of the winning team in the 2004 Spa 24 Hours having been runner-up the previous year . She also finished fourth in the Daytona 24 Hours in a Ferrari 333SP as well as numerous other podium finishes usually in either a Ferrari 550 Maranello or 333SP , more often than not alongside regular co-driver Enzo Calderari .
Old 25 Feb 2019, 08:58 (Ref:3886455)   #8
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
I nominate Claudia Hurtgen

(as always, define 'best'. win-to-start ratio? length of pro career? no. of overall race wins? no. of race starts? mentions-per-year on facebook? etc etc)
Old 25 Feb 2019, 09:55 (Ref:3886471)   #9
Rob29
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire,UK
Rob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sorry can't remember when Claudia did sports cars-have been folowing the sport since 1950s-current best got to be Katherine Legge who I thunk founded my special interest in female racers when I saw her live at Brands Hatch in the 80s
Old 25 Feb 2019, 10:09 (Ref:3886474)   #10
Racing Harz
Veteran

Germany
Herzberg am Harz
Racing Harz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRacing Harz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob29 View Post
Sorry can't remember when Claudia did sports cars-have been folowing the sport since 1950s-current best got to be Katherine Legge who I thunk founded my special interest in female racers when I saw her live at Brands Hatch in the 80s

Claudia drove many Years ADAC GT Masters, with the big GT´s in the VLN/24h Nbr etc.

And Legge (born 1980) drove in the 80s in Brands Hatch?
Old 26 Feb 2019, 00:25 (Ref:3886633)   #11
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob29 View Post

you must have forgotten more than I know...
Old 26 Feb 2019, 08:51 (Ref:3886686)   #12
Rob29
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire,UK
Rob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGDavid View Post

you must have forgotten more than I know...
yep-sorry about that-memory slipping with old age? just found my own post on previous thread when I said I had only seen katherine on TVMust have been thinking of Heather Baillie who raced single seaters F.First & Forward