Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 22 Jun 2005, 17:30 (Ref:1337448)   #176
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I enjoyed RLM, personally, perhaps because I finally had a really good radio and headphones! I still miss Ian Titchmarsh and his rapport with my mate Paul Truswell but I tire of the endless repetitive adverts and also picked up on innacuracies. I couldn't believe it when I was out at Arnage on Sunday when the Pescarolo unlapped itself from the 3 Audi. I'd been timing that gap for about half an hour. It took the commentators something like 15 minutes to cotton on to it....

The important thing is that RLM conctinues to survive, but Hindy and the guys do need to realise that the raison d'etre of RLM is to provide commentary on the race. So many times I was desperate for a top-10 run-down, but sometimes the finger seemed to slip off the pulse. I'd like to thank Paul though - he's still a great commentator and a Le Mans anorak par excellence!
Old 22 Jun 2005, 18:58 (Ref:1337542)   #177
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It was good, of course, but I too share some of misgiving about this year. There was no urgency to break off to report a development. It didn't matter if it was a run-down an advert, a news break or a chat. All continued as I saw things happen on the track or the TV screens (the latter definitely being obvious to the commenators).

I also wish that the Legends race was covered in more detail.

The Friday show has become a caricature of its former self too. There was a couple of moments I will comment on: The choice to play Meatloaf after one of those midlife crisis Renault adverts with the air guitar box set in it was inspired. However to interupt a Who song mid way and say we'll stop that because it goes on for 11minutes was unforgivable, expecially when the rest of that time was taken up by other songs - Huey Lewis and the News are good, but not that good.

The first two points above are more important than the third.

Obviously this should all be taken as constructive crisism as I still enjoyed it.
Old 22 Jun 2005, 19:25 (Ref:1337569)   #178
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
i was surprised to hear Motorhead on RLM

Ciao Marco
Old 22 Jun 2005, 22:19 (Ref:1337730)   #179
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Like Virgin Classic Rock they play it because "it sounds so damn good".
Old 23 Jun 2005, 19:21 (Ref:1338605)   #180
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Good enough reason......
Old 23 Jun 2005, 19:34 (Ref:1338619)   #181
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yes. It's VERY unforgiveable to interrupt The Who! Didn't listen to much music from there because if I want music I just slap a CD on (Radiohead currently in the stereo ...). But I would listen to the music lots more if I was actually at the circuit...

...still not forgiving them for interrupting The Who lol...
Old 23 Jun 2005, 19:43 (Ref:1338625)   #182
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
i can be as un-pc as the next person, but fridays amusing features "empty my sack" and "spit or swallow", on a station being listened to worldwide...

i was half expecting jim davidson to come on going "nick nick.."
Old 24 Jun 2005, 19:54 (Ref:1339461)   #183
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
This was posted by Mr H on DSC:-

Buffering problems.. - WOW we had an unprecidented level of traffic this year - most of which was trying to access through the autosport.com site. Oddly it appaered that some problems were user ISP related... for example the far east and Australasia plus south america and most of the US had no problems... however once we realised how busy things were we added capacity and that seemed to smooth things out... sorry I know this spoiled some listeners pleasure but trust me we were truying VERY hard to get it sorted.

Music - this year one of our sponsors was Virgin Classic Rock a new Internet and DAB station in the UK. Our music was therefore influenced by their playlists. This was a purely commercial decision and as you know without the sponsors the service would not happen.

Overall I hope that you thought we did a good job. The servcie on sky 907 was a big hit... did anyone SKY+ the whole lot? if so I'd love a CD copy!!!

www.radiolemans.com was also a success, I realsie that it's a small start but I hope that it allows you to enjoy the station all year round. The site will continue to stream Globecast 907 which evokes the spirit of RLM 24-7 and 365 days a year.

Regards

john H
Old 25 Jun 2005, 06:22 (Ref:1339674)   #184
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Good news all in all... and fair enough for the music... did they play the "AM support song" tune ? As we met the songwriter, we're a bit concerned...
Old 26 Jun 2005, 09:58 (Ref:1340283)   #185
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fab
Good news all in all... and fair enough for the music... did they play the "AM support song" tune ? As we met the songwriter, we're a bit concerned...
they definitely played it on friday or saturday morning. at first they were a bit dubious, but when they found out it was more or less a homage by a "fan", they were a lot more enthusiastic...an example of "le mans fever" i think they said!