Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 1 Apr 2001, 20:54 (Ref:76177)   #1
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Another good drive from Nick nets him his first podium. Who would have thought that three races into the season that Sauber would be third in the WCC and Heidfeld 4th in the WDC. It was a great effort and I'll bet he's thanking his lucky stars that he's not at Prost this year.

I still am pretty confident that Hakkinen is near retirement. Heidfeld may well be positioning himself for the second seat at McLaren as he is one of their "Young Drivers"

Another thought, Both Frentzen and Heidfeld are from Monchengladbach and I thought in the press conference that Nick's accent was remarkably like Frenzy's.

Here's to Nick, lets hope that Third Place Trophy is only the first of many.
Old 1 Apr 2001, 21:12 (Ref:76197)   #2
Jeanburrasca81
Racer

Jeanburrasca81 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Congratulations Nick, a truely excellent performance of one of the greatest talents in the actual F1.
Old 1 Apr 2001, 21:18 (Ref:76205)   #3
R
Veteran

R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well done to Nick, and congratulations on his first podium in F1. May there be many more to follow for him.
Old 2 Apr 2001, 00:57 (Ref:76316)   #4
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well done the Saubers and may they both race on to victory soon.

P.S. Do you think it was Peter Sauber's "No Sex Please We're Formula One Drivers" policy that ruled the day?
Old 2 Apr 2001, 02:44 (Ref:76372)   #5
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
God, I hope so.

Nick and Kimi both look like they should eat their vegetables, not talk to strangers and do all their Homework.
Old 2 Apr 2001, 02:47 (Ref:76373)   #6
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
It was a 3 o'clock in the morning start here, and there was a helluva lot going on with the other cars and drivers. I honestly admit I don't remember Nick Heidfeld in the race. He must have driven very well in those difficult conditions to get on the podium. I'm not going to forcast a Mika retirement just yet, but rest assured, Nick will win the WDC driving a McLaren sometime in the future.
Old 2 Apr 2001, 06:44 (Ref:76419)   #7
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
I bet prost are happy the unloaded the talentless Heidfeld for th lightening fast stylings of Mazza-pacecar.

Top effort Nick, (sorry for Kimmi, also going well) and congrates to Sauber.
Old 2 Apr 2001, 11:21 (Ref:76479)   #8
Tristan
Veteran

Tristan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Drive of the race for me. This guy WILL be WDC. Peter Sauber is increasingly making Alain Prost look utterly ridiculous.....
Old 2 Apr 2001, 18:31 (Ref:76654)   #9
R
Veteran

R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes, it's a little bit strange, isn't it, because before the season started, we (well, at least some of us, myself included ) believed that Prost would be the stronger of the two teams with last years Ferrari engines. Just goes to show you never can tell...
Old 2 Apr 2001, 18:34 (Ref:76655)   #10
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
Minardi fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I nearly had a tear in my eye seeing a Sauber driver on the podium - be thankful it wasn't Kimi or you'd have never heard the end of it from moi.

Well done Nick and Kimi - a storming start to the season. SUPERB!!!!!!!!

Old 2 Apr 2001, 20:23 (Ref:76701)   #11
KC
Veteran

United States
Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA
KC should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKC should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It's good to see the Saubers moving up the grid and Heidfeld getting the chance to prove to everyone he can be the man. He came into F1 with a lot of hopes and with a nice record in the junior ranks and it looked like he going be lost or relegated to being an also-ran after such a disastrous season for Prost. Good for him.
Old 2 Apr 2001, 20:30 (Ref:76707)   #12
R
Veteran

I agree, but at the same time he performed really well alongside Alesi last year (talking about the rookie v. the veteran here, even if the car was ****), so it's no surprise he's performing this well now.