Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 7 May 2012, 15:56 (Ref:3070715)   #51
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Well done Gary, great pics thanks!

Now, do I want an open Porsche 910 or a closed one.......
Old 7 May 2012, 16:00 (Ref:3070717)   #52
Derwent Motorsp
Veteran

Scotland
Cumbria
Derwent Motorsp should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Are there any results on line anywhere?
Old 7 May 2012, 16:03 (Ref:3070718)   #53
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derwent Motorsp View Post
Are there any results on line anywhere?
You will find them on MST's website as usual.
Old 7 May 2012, 17:38 (Ref:3070755)   #54
Alex E
Racer

Alex E should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No results on MST, Donington meeting not even mentioned.
Old 7 May 2012, 17:48 (Ref:3070760)   #55
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex E View Post
No results on MST, Donington meeting not even mentioned.
Wrong MST! Try mstworld.com and click on UK events. Can't give you a direct link as on wrong device.....
Old 7 May 2012, 18:37 (Ref:3070786)   #56
Chigley
Veteran

England
Newbury, Berkshire
Chigley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Does anyone know who started the T70 Mk 111 (No 46) for the Pre-72 Sports car race. I don't think he could have gotten any closer to the SC rear quarter on the start without spinning us round.
Old 7 May 2012, 18:51 (Ref:3070792)   #57
Malcolm Smith
Veteran

Malcolm Smith should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Gary, great photos , thanks for posting.

Results at : http://www.mstworld.com/msportevent....nington%20Park
Old 7 May 2012, 22:22 (Ref:3070895)   #58
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Well done Gary, great pics thanks!

Now, do I want an open Porsche 910 or a closed one.......
I would go with either Mike, so long as it is reliable ....
Old 7 May 2012, 22:30 (Ref:3070901)   #59
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malcolm Smith View Post
Gary, great photos , thanks for posting.

Results at : http://www.mstworld.com/msportevent....nington%20Park
I think MST were having a few problems over the weekend. The PDF document appeared in a very strange order from the start and the last few races do not seem to have been updated at all .... yet.

The Live Timing was OK from what I saw until we got to the start of the Sunday HF2 race when the whole thing went haywire but seemed to sort itself out over the course of the race, albeit the way the race was unfolding would have been difficult enough to follow anyway without the loss of most of the field on the timing screen until about lap 7.

I guess whatever was going on was rather difficult to control. These things happen.
Old 8 May 2012, 05:27 (Ref:3070956)   #60
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by grantp View Post
I would go with either Mike, so long as it is reliable ....
Neither of those two then!

MST- Some of the races seemed to be filed under wrong headings when checked during the w/end, but look to be corrected now!
Old 9 May 2012, 11:33 (Ref:3071682)   #61
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chigley View Post
Does anyone know who started the T70 Mk 111 (No 46) for the Pre-72 Sports car race. I don't think he could have gotten any closer to the SC rear quarter on the start without spinning us round.
Martin Stretton took the first stint in that, I *think*.

Results are now available here:

http://www.doningtonhistoric.com/the-races/
Old 9 May 2012, 11:40 (Ref:3071686)   #62
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
Martin Stretton took the first stint in that, I *think*.

Results are now available here:

http://www.doningtonhistoric.com/the-races/
Stretton was in the car second
Old 9 May 2012, 12:29 (Ref:3071707)   #63
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Anyone think that 1 13 lap by Martin O'Connell in B8 was pretty special.

Without doubt one of the top drivers in Historic's.He will have to have elocution lessons to go all the way and a PR man.
Old 11 May 2012, 11:08 (Ref:3072628)   #64
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
This looks like it was an excellent meeting with superb cars. Wins by DBR1/AMR1/250SWB would have made it instantly memorable for me had I been there! Then there's FS in my favourite T70MkIIIB. Definitely a classic meeting!