Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > My Track Designs

Closed Thread

Old 20 Dec 2004, 16:56 (Ref:1184120)   #7526
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Strange layout though.
Old 20 Dec 2004, 22:45 (Ref:1184467)   #7527
Flaming_Wuzzle
Racer

United States
a house
Flaming_Wuzzle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Excellent, we have our own forum now.

Perhaps this will result in this thread dying as we branch off onto other threads..
Old 20 Dec 2004, 23:00 (Ref:1184485)   #7528
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
All of the old Interlagos layout is intact I think. There are grandstands on the backstraight, and part of it is a carpark but otherwise its all there.
Old 20 Dec 2004, 23:09 (Ref:1184492)   #7529
Mike_Wooshy
Veteran

England
Birmingham
Mike_Wooshy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMike_Wooshy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i didnt think it was as after the Descida do lago, there is a pool for drainage ... and the otherside of the straight reta oposta there is a housing estate and that was from areial pictures of the GP this year. And sargento is now covered by grandstands and i know Curva 1 and 2 are gone.

Last edited by Mike_Wooshy; 20 Dec 2004 at 23:12.
Old 20 Dec 2004, 23:11 (Ref:1184494)   #7530
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
original image

Old 20 Dec 2004, 23:15 (Ref:1184500)   #7531
Mike_Wooshy
Veteran

England
Birmingham
Mike_Wooshy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMike_Wooshy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
o okay im wrong and stand corrected must have been seeing things
Old 20 Dec 2004, 23:15 (Ref:1184503)   #7532
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Well, I'm not sure how up to date that image is...
Old 20 Dec 2004, 23:16 (Ref:1184504)   #7533
Mike_Wooshy
Veteran

England
Birmingham
just looking at that picture and i wonder how many residents complain of noise there ???
Old 20 Dec 2004, 23:20 (Ref:1184507)   #7534
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
I bet they just live with it. I don't know what the situation is in that part of Sau Paulo, but I can't imagine the people in that area are very well off, I doubt they'd be listened to if they did complain.
Old 20 Dec 2004, 23:21 (Ref:1184510)   #7535
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Regarding our new sub-forum status, I wonder if I'll ever get 2000 posts in this thread now? 170 to go...
Old 20 Dec 2004, 23:42 (Ref:1184522)   #7536
Magical Trevor
Veteran

United States
New Britain, CT; Local Track: Lime Rock
Magical Trevor should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMagical Trevor should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMagical Trevor should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I actually think this image is older, before the grandstands, etc....
http://www.ainterlagos.com/index2_2.htm
*Yes, I used to be RacerGuy2. You don't really think I'd stick with that name the whole time now did you? ;)
Old 21 Dec 2004, 08:53 (Ref:1184721)   #7537
f1freak
Racer

Australia
Sydney
f1freak should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
DAMMIT...

Here's Interlagos... beautiful circuit and all, loved by all, in the middle of a residential area, and people love the place (I even heard that when Rubens Barrichello was young, he use to look over his fence (or one of his mates fences) to watch his idol (Ayrton Senna) race there)...

Then you have the opposite... A1-Ring... A beautiful circuit, which is in the middle of what seems like farm land galore, and people who hate the circuit... Apparently it's basically gone, because Red Bull stuffed up... yada yada yada... etc...

That's all...

Thanks for the pics btw...
Old 21 Dec 2004, 09:24 (Ref:1184748)   #7538
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The reason behind this thread/group getting its own sub-forum is to prevent this thread from growing any larger.

Please start new topics for ongoing conversations, I don't want to have to resort to locking this topic.
Old 21 Dec 2004, 13:02 (Ref:1184944)   #7539
Magical Trevor
Veteran

United States
Magical Trevor should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMagical Trevor should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMagical Trevor should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hmm, well...
I think it might be kinda hard to suddenly cease activity in the forum's largest ever thread... I think we all kinda want it to go on forever...
:-s
Besides the thread display problems, is there anything wrong with continuing this thread?
*Yes, I used to be RacerGuy2. You don't really think I'd stick with that name the whole time now did you? ;)
Old 21 Dec 2004, 13:08 (Ref:1184948)   #7540
Mike_Wooshy
Veteran

England
Birmingham
we have been given our own area i think it would be good to use it but thats just me.
Old 21 Dec 2004, 13:08 (Ref:1184950)   #7541
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Fair enough if it causes problems, but with the nature of this thread, its never on a specific topic for long. I mean, I don't even know where to start with a new thread...
Still, I'll make this my last post in this thread.
Old 21 Dec 2004, 13:11 (Ref:1184951)   #7542
Mike_Wooshy
Veteran

England
Birmingham
well a thread pre track ??? so if you make a new track just make a new 1. me to this will be my last post here.
Old 21 Dec 2004, 13:12 (Ref:1184952)   #7543
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
OK so this my last post in this thread, shall we discuss our favourite tracks from a round the world and edit them, sounds fun and interesting to me, for example we could do Hungary, that needs a face lift?
Old 21 Dec 2004, 13:19 (Ref:1184961)   #7544
Magical Trevor
Veteran

United States
Not that I want to sound rebellious, but I am surprised you all are "giving" up the original thread so quickly..
MagnetON hasn't even answered the qestion yet.

Last edited by Magical Trevor; 21 Dec 2004 at 13:20.
Old 21 Dec 2004, 13:26 (Ref:1184969)   #7545
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magical Trevor
Not that I want to sound rebellious, but I am surprised you all are "giving" up the original thread so quickly..
MagnetON hasn't even answered the qestion yet.
I thought I had answered this with my previous post to this thread. This thread has been given the courtesy of its own forum due to its popularity and to allow the various conversations inside the thread to take their own threads to make the whole "My Tracks" scene easier to follow for all concerned.
Old 22 Dec 2004, 00:48 (Ref:1185516)   #7546
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
It could be rather troublesome though. I mean, what's to stop any new thread(s) from getting really long, and if you have several large threads, instead of just what, it's much more of a pain to keep track of all of them, if you're really dedicated to the subject. Also, ending this thread would more or less end the My Tracks Raceways Projects, because there would be no more benchmark by which to decide to design and post them as there has been, and the members would be more dispersed amongst the various other threads. So, I really don't know that I like the idea of letting this particular thread going by the wayside.
Old 22 Dec 2004, 01:01 (Ref:1185522)   #7547
Magical Trevor
Veteran

United States
Yeah, I'm thinkng something similar to the above-however, the number of posts could still be counted by viewing from AE the total number of posts in the sub-forum and subtracting one to come up with "replies"..
Either way, I'd hate to see this particular thread aborted
Old 22 Dec 2004, 11:31 (Ref:1185785)   #7548
the_royksopp
Veteran

Denmark
Skørping, Denmark
the_royksopp should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, concerning the new sub-forum status, i've got mixed feelings about it.

In a way it's good. It's a kind of recognition of fantasy track making, and it will probably attract new posters.

On the other hand, i am very sad that the 'good old MyTracks-community' is gone. Now, where will we post all our non-racetrack posts. Now, anyone from outside the MyTracks community would stick their hand very high up in the air and yell 'Parc Ferme!', but thats not good. We have our own little community inhere, and many of us never visit PF.

So if we shall stop posting in this thread, i've got one condition:

We should be allowed to post offtopic in this forum, as we have done over the years in the thread, without all our posts being moved to PF or somewhere else, in order to keep the MyTracks-community alive.

I am still very sad that this decision has been taken. The thread here was just perfect, and it had history. It had its special charm about it, which i dont think the new subforum can keep. In this thread, people have come and gone, people have evoved as track designers, and we are many of us who are only in this specific thread on the whole of 10/10ths. We have been sort of a side-community within Ten-Tenths, and i think it's a shame that 'our place' has now been completely changed by the moderators, who have got no connection to the MyTracks thread whatsoever, without even asking us for our opinion.

Now, let me clear to you, MagnetON, and your fellow mod's and admins, that it is VERY important that we still get the rights to post offtopic. Otherwise, i would seriously think of making a new forum on a new website for all of us mytrackeroids, in order to keep the community alive. But i also think that this is the golden chance for 10/10ths to proove, what i've never doubted but now, that it's a open forum, where different communities can coexist under a broad and open leadership, not a top-to-bottom-controlled website, where the users opinion isnt heard.

PLEASE, 10/10ths, do not kill this community-in-the-community, because it's an example of 10/10ths being an open and free community, which i still believe and hope it is.

No, i cant promise for this being my last post in this thread, but yes, i accept the decision of making a sub-forum, as long as we are granted the right to post offtopic and continue to exist as a community-in-the-community of 10/10ths.
Old 22 Dec 2004, 12:55 (Ref:1185852)   #7549
Magical Trevor
Veteran

United States
Very well put t_r, I agree.
I hope this layout can at least work out half as well as the one thread does/did.
Old 22 Dec 2004, 13:06 (Ref:1185863)   #7550
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
I think it will, as long as we don't have to many threads running at the same time. Then we may lose interrest which I certainly hope not.