Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 21 Feb 2021, 16:34 (Ref:4036201)   #151
Mike Harte
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte has a real shot at the championship!Mike Harte has a real shot at the championship!Mike Harte has a real shot at the championship!Mike Harte has a real shot at the championship!Mike Harte has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tel 911S View Post
Minor update on not needing Carnets for Euro trips .
https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...161/ce1246.pdf
Link to form for taking goods out on a temporary basis .
Explained here with the other details for not needing a carnet for your comp car .
https://www.gov.uk/taking-goods-out-...duplicate-list

The pdf for the listing does seem to imply that it only covers tools and equipment that may be required; it doesn't mention the car/s itself/themselves. And that, to me at least, appears to be as reported before, and linked to on this thread, although I don't think that the form required had been published before.
Old 21 Feb 2021, 17:47 (Ref:4036212)   #152
Tel 911S
Veteran

Tel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
The pdf for the listing does seem to imply that it only covers tools and equipment that may be required; it doesn't mention the car/s itself/themselves. And that, to me at least, appears to be as reported before, and linked to on this thread, although I don't think that the form required had been published before.
There have been several postings showing that the car does not need a carnet if it is registered and with its owner .
http://www.autoaddicts.co.uk/brexit-...MTJYaX45Cdq5XA
But I put this latest one up as it shows the form for not needing any carnets for spares etc .
Old 21 Feb 2021, 18:05 (Ref:4036214)   #153
Gerard C
Veteran

French Polynesia
My place
Gerard C should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Your last link mentions the mandatory sticker "Attention angles morts" but I think there are exemptions at least in France, for car-trailers and tow-trucks for instance, reasons are obvious (impossible to place).
"J'vais le renvoyer tout droit à la maison mère, le gugusse de Montauban, au terminus des prétentieux! Moi quand on m'en fait trop, j'correctionne plus, j'dynamite, j'disperse et j'ventile." M. Audiard.
Old 22 Feb 2021, 07:20 (Ref:4036259)   #154
Newall Andy
Rookie

Newall Andy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi all.
We delivered a GT40 back to France last week, it was transported back in a trailer purchased here ( UK ) by the French client. The Sprinter, trailer and GT40 passed into France without any issues. The race car and trailer stayed in France and the Sprinter returned empty on its own.
Not one customs officer asked any questions.

I am testing at Hockenheim a week Wednesday.. see how that goes.

Andy.
Old 22 Feb 2021, 19:35 (Ref:4036342)   #155
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLancsbreaker should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLancsbreaker should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newall Andy View Post
Hi all.
We delivered a GT40 back to France last week, it was transported back in a trailer purchased here ( UK ) by the French client. The Sprinter, trailer and GT40 passed into France without any issues. The race car and trailer stayed in France and the Sprinter returned empty on its own.
Not one customs officer asked any questions.

I am testing at Hockenheim a week Wednesday.. see how that goes.

Andy.

This is all quite encouraging compared to the "doom and gloom" predictions that we had seen Let's hope it continues in this vein
Old 23 Feb 2021, 09:41 (Ref:4036384)   #156
L-G Sjöberg
Racer

L-G Sjöberg should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancsbreaker View Post
This is all quite encouraging compared to the "doom and gloom" predictions that we had seen Let's hope it continues in this vein
But I still assume you would need to have the carnet handy, just in case customs want to know what you are towing...
Old 23 Feb 2021, 09:44 (Ref:4036386)   #157
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Assume no one is bothering asking questions as the duties will not be applied until 1/4.
You would think it will get interesting for a time at that point!
Old 26 Feb 2021, 15:30 (Ref:4037146)   #158
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Will they only be joking though?
Old 26 Feb 2021, 16:33 (Ref:4037161)   #159
midgetman
Veteran

England
Rural Wiltshire
midgetman is going for a new world record!midgetman is going for a new world record!midgetman is going for a new world record!midgetman is going for a new world record!midgetman is going for a new world record!midgetman is going for a new world record!midgetman is going for a new world record!
I don't think customs officers are known for their sense of humour

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk
Old 26 Feb 2021, 17:05 (Ref:4037172)   #160
Gerard C
Veteran

French Polynesia
My place
They are not. And some special sections are quite aware about the real price of a classic. Talking about his better than new Cobra, a bloke tried to argue it was an old wreck. This was not appreciated at all. They know the business. And they use inter web and read the auction results. Dont mess with those people.
"J'vais le renvoyer tout droit à la maison mère, le gugusse de Montauban, au terminus des prétentieux! Moi quand on m'en fait trop, j'correctionne plus, j'dynamite, j'disperse et j'ventile." M. Audiard.
Old Yesterday, 10:20 (Ref:4037563)   #161
Newall Andy
Rookie

Hi.
Just boarded the train at the tunnel on my way to test for Gotcha at Hockenhiem this Wednesday.
Van full of bits again, but just declared I was testing. They were happy with all the elite sports person bit ( whatever ! ).
Then the customs pulled me over, gulp , looked in the back and I mean it’s full... shut the door and sent me on my way.
Good mate of mine took a car to a wind tunnel in France last week with all the correct paperwork and spent 6 hrs trying to get it stamped. No one knew what to do !
Andy
Old Yesterday, 10:39 (Ref:4037568)   #162
Mike Harte
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte has a real shot at the championship!Mike Harte has a real shot at the championship!Mike Harte has a real shot at the championship!Mike Harte has a real shot at the championship!Mike Harte has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newall Andy View Post
Good mate of mine took a car to a wind tunnel in France last week with all the correct paperwork and spent 6 hrs trying to get it stamped. No one knew what to do !
Andy

Begs the question, Andy, where; this side of the water or over there?

Oh, good luck with the testing.
Old Yesterday, 10:56 (Ref:4037575)   #163
Newall Andy
Rookie

France
No idea what was meant to happen
Old Yesterday, 19:05 (Ref:4037709)   #164
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
I don't think customs officers are known for their sense of humour

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk
What,not even on April 1st?
Old Yesterday, 19:09 (Ref:4037711)   #165
Gerard C
Veteran

French Polynesia
My place
Quote:
Originally Posted by terence View Post
What,not even on April 1st?
Everything will change after this date, from 12 PM plus one minute.