Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 2 Oct 2001, 14:36 (Ref:154782)   #1
Claire
Veteran

England
Just outside Cambridge
Claire should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Estoril

I have the chance to go to Estoril for the ETCC meeting on 20/21 October. I have never been before and was hoping that someone may be able to recommend somewhere to stay and any companies that you've used for cheap flights. It's all a bit last minute so any help will be gratefully received.

Last edited by Claire; 2 Oct 2001 at 14:36.
Old 2 Oct 2001, 15:44 (Ref:154813)   #2
josvandeperre
Veteran

England
Central London
josvandeperre should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Its very near Lisbon with good public transport and cheap taxis - a fine track - good time of year - should be warm but could just rain - last time I went I stayed in Cascais - but it was a long time ago so I cant recall the hotel - have fun
Old 4 Oct 2001, 12:40 (Ref:155766)   #3
Ben5
Rookie

Ben5 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
OOH! Nice, I've stayed there before too, its ok, and I was a few years younger when I stayed there, but hotels don't really change that much. Are you going with a big bunch of people, the reason being that if you are you can have loads a fun. The ETCC should be fun, who do you support?
Old 4 Oct 2001, 12:46 (Ref:155770)   #4
Claire
Veteran

England
Just outside Cambridge
Hi Ben5 good to see you back on the forum, the reason I am going to Estoril is to support Alan Blencowe he has been given a drive by GA Janspeed in one of their Alfa 156 production cars. Not sure who else is going but it should be a good weekend.
Old 4 Oct 2001, 14:12 (Ref:155799)   #5
Ben5
Rookie

Great News for Blencowe!! Unfortunately I haven't been in the country much to follow his racing, but heard he came fourth. Does he know your going? I might try and get there and meet the lad, although at powertour I was never too sure if i should introduce myself or not.
Old 4 Oct 2001, 14:56 (Ref:155820)   #6
Claire
Veteran

England
Just outside Cambridge

He does know that I hope to go, there are still a few things to sort. I am sure he would be really pleased to meet you. I didn't know him before the season started but I went along to meet him and have supported him ever since. Both him and his family are really nice and very approachable
Old 4 Oct 2001, 15:14 (Ref:155826)   #7
Ben5
Rookie

I'll try and get there, how are you going for organising flights and what are the prices like? If I find anything out will let you know. Have just been on the powertour website and I must say that the others are giving you quite a battle, and that remark from Thomo about his girlfriend - bet he's not happy with that!
Old 4 Oct 2001, 15:20 (Ref:155831)   #8
Claire
Veteran

England
Just outside Cambridge

I haven't organised anything yet I am waiting to hear who else is going and for how long.Flights are ranging from £99 to £150 depending on whether you want to go direct or not, accomadation is quite resonable but not sure what the availability is like. Regarding the Powertour website not sure what their problem is but I can give as good as I get!! Haven't had a reaction from Alan yet but I am sure he won't let it get to him.
Old 4 Oct 2001, 15:27 (Ref:155835)   #9
Ben5
Rookie

Can only agree with you, they have a lot of aggro if you ask me, all this stuff about cheque books, its a shame that people behind the scenes get like this and its a shame that Alan gets slated and as for the personal comments about his mum, girlfriend or whatever, its really childish - oh well, perhaps they'll grow up one day!
Like I said, if I managed to find anything out to help you get over for the ETCC, i'll let you know. Keep me posted about how you get on. Ben
Old 16 Oct 2001, 09:54 (Ref:161330)   #10
msps
Rookie

msps should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Estoril - Claire

Claire,

I will be very happy to help you if you want. I live in Lisbon (25 km away from Estoril) and I have very good contacts with the Estoril Circuit Board of Administration.
I'm not sure if I can make it on Saturday but I think I will be able to be there on Sunday.
Please let me know if you need some help.
Old 16 Oct 2001, 10:03 (Ref:161336)   #11
Claire
Veteran

England
Just outside Cambridge
Thanks for responding msps, things haven't gone quite to plan so I am not going to be able to go this weekend, it's a real shame as I was looking forward to it. Have a great time and hopefully I will make the trip next year. I will have to make do with watching the racing on Eurosport.