Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 31 Jul 2023, 07:46 (Ref:4170746)   #1
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Spa 6 hour 2023

Just had provisional start list. 130 entries with 24 GT40. Good news for us is that there is a good amount of cars in our class with Gilbert. Lets go. !!!
Old 31 Jul 2023, 11:58 (Ref:4170802)   #2
356sc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Camberley
356sc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
List can be found here http://six2023.mtsweb.be/Print.asp?t...dsvVlJvdJnEwys
60s endurance 1965 356sc #49
Mag 7's #60
Old 1 Aug 2023, 08:44 (Ref:4170902)   #3
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
GT40. Lets go. !!!
Watching some of the GT40 drivers' names, they will go for sure. Go delta and MGDavid!
Old 1 Aug 2023, 09:06 (Ref:4170903)   #4
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Good luck chaps.
Old 1 Aug 2023, 11:23 (Ref:4170917)   #5
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Indeed, best of luck from the antipodes.
Will be following progress from afar
Old 1 Aug 2023, 15:58 (Ref:4170958)   #6
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Make sure you post the link to live timing so we can all follow!

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk
Old 1 Aug 2023, 16:17 (Ref:4170963)   #7
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Last year's: http://spasummerclassic.alkamelsyste...season=04_2022 May be an update to 2023 will be enough if they retain alkamelsystems as the official time keeper.
Old 1 Aug 2023, 20:22 (Ref:4170988)   #8
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Thanks Gerard I'll bookmark that.

M

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk
Old 2 Aug 2023, 07:21 (Ref:4171014)   #9
MartinH
Racer

Luxembourg
Luxembourg
MartinH should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Just had provisional start list. 130 entries with 24 GT40. Good news for us is that there is a good amount of cars in our class with Gilbert. Lets go. !!!
Iain, my guys will be up agaist you in GTS 11 ; TR4 , car 87 !!

See you there for a beer or three ??? ??
MartinH
Old 2 Aug 2023, 07:35 (Ref:4171018)   #10
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Good stuff Martin . ?
Old 2 Aug 2023, 22:42 (Ref:4171102)   #11
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
There are some well-known names listed for some of the entries.

Is this becoming an event that attracts retired Pro drivers from the higher levels of the sport?

Also, how many GT40s were built in 1965?
Old 3 Aug 2023, 08:11 (Ref:4171144)   #12
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Originally Posted by grantp View Post
There are some well-known names listed for some of the entries.Is this becoming an event that attracts retired Pro drivers from the higher levels of the sport?
It's been the case for many years now.
Martin, a TR4 now! Revington, TR Entreprises or home made engine? I saw some doing less than 3' at Spa, something that neither a "B" nor a 911 can achieve. Anyway, you must win the GTS 11 class, I remember your Alfa drivers doing very well there, wet or dry track. I bet on your team.
Old 3 Aug 2023, 11:20 (Ref:4171178)   #13
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Well thank you very much Gerrard
Old 3 Aug 2023, 18:47 (Ref:4171228)   #14
MartinH
Racer

Luxembourg
Luxembourg
MartinH should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
It's been the case for many years now.
Martin, a TR4 now! Revington, TR Entreprises or home made engine? I saw some doing less than 3' at Spa, something that neither a "B" nor a 911 can achieve. Anyway, you must win the GTS 11 class, I remember your Alfa drivers doing very well there, wet or dry track. I bet on your team.
Gerard, l have to say l'm no Triumph expert ! The car has been in the same ownership for quite a few years & 'my guys' have been co-opted to drive it.

I think a TR4 is a very solid package, capable of 3min laptimes on a consistent basis & with 3 good drivers should do well in GTS 11.
I just hang out the pitboard & drink the beers with them !!

Iain, I'm sure Gilbert will be up there at the end of 6hrs of racing & will be nice to drink a celebratory beer with your team afterwards.
Just don't damage any trophies on the podium
Old 3 Aug 2023, 20:43 (Ref:4171242)   #15
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinH View Post
I just hang out the pitboard & drink the beers with them !!
No more blonde lady at pitboard,then?
Old 4 Aug 2023, 07:06 (Ref:4171277)   #16
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
I shall look forward to that Martin ?
Old 6 Aug 2023, 18:48 (Ref:4171691)   #17
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
My money's on the Fiat.

Last edited by zefarelly; 6 Aug 2023 at 18:56.
Old 7 Aug 2023, 08:15 (Ref:4171744)   #18
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Followed. One Shilling, two lira and three anciens francs added.
Old 8 Aug 2023, 08:16 (Ref:4171842)   #19
HRSTR5
Racer

England
Surrey, England
HRSTR5 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We're also in GTS 11 with a TR4. Car #57. Just a 2 driver, amateur effort ... just targetting a finish ... we will not be lapping sub 3'!!!

Look forward to doing battle - whilst dodging the GT40s!

James
Old 8 Aug 2023, 09:13 (Ref:4171845)   #20
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Well, James, I think a constant 3'00"005 will be enough! Which color this #57 TR4 if I may ask? Have fun take care (yes GT40's may be more dangerous than they appear in the mirror!)
Old 8 Aug 2023, 10:13 (Ref:4171846)   #21
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Gérard, it's not the cars that are dangerous, it's the blooming drivers that are the problem.
Old 8 Aug 2023, 14:19 (Ref:4171868)   #22
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Thanks for wisely correcting me, Mike, you're right of course. I'm convinced our dear Mike Bell would agree, together with my old bloke and ex-codriver too fast José Close (prep and founder of the Race school I think) who ended up a fantastic race on the side in the gravel trap. You can see at the end of the video here:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZrk1X7N8cE
Old 8 Aug 2023, 14:44 (Ref:4171879)   #23
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
James, could not find a lap time for any "french" TR4 at Spa. Dry track: 911 pro driver 3'03/3'05, amateur 3'10; MG B 3'11/3'14; TVR 3'07, SLR 3'01 (356: 3'12). From this, "the" car you have to target could be an SLR.
Old 8 Aug 2023, 18:52 (Ref:4171888)   #24
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
I’m camped up at the ring . Most impressed with your mates driving Gerrard . I normally get fed up watching in car footage but watched him for a few laps . Very entertaining .
Old 8 Aug 2023, 18:59 (Ref:4171889)   #25
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Ho yes great driving. He did not make my race weekends a beach but we have exactly the same approach and foibles! Like eating bananas and chocolate hazelnuts, drinking alternatively water and Coke. In addition he's a really nice person (remaining a thick skinned competitor).
How is the weather around the Eiffel?