Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Road Car Forums > Road Car Forum

Old 13 Jun 2023, 13:30 (Ref:4163526)   #526
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Lexus GX

4.95 m long

2.4L hybrid engine
3.5L 350 hp gasoline engine

Old 13 Jun 2023, 14:17 (Ref:4163535)   #527
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Very interesting concept by Lexus. They are not someone I would have thought would be interested in 4x4. We'll see if they can find a place in the market for it
Old 13 Jun 2023, 15:28 (Ref:4163556)   #528
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
I thought that Lexus was a Dacia at first glance - I don't suppose that's what they were aiming for
Old 13 Jun 2023, 16:25 (Ref:4163563)   #529
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Very interesting concept by Lexus. They are not someone I would have thought would be interested in 4x4. We'll see if they can find a place in the market for it
Not heard of the Lexus LX (or any of the other Lexus 4x4s from through the years)?

Old 13 Jun 2023, 18:00 (Ref:4163578)   #530
Alfaholic
Veteran

England
Felixstowe
Alfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAlfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
Lexus GX

4.95 m long

2.4L hybrid engine

Are they saving money for the parent company by taking an old Toyota Landcruiser, re-badging it and giving it a couple of new panels and a paint job? (especially from the rear 3/4 shot)
Old 13 Jun 2023, 18:31 (Ref:4163580)   #531
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
Lexus GX

4.95 m long

2.4L hybrid engine

In contrast to the TX I like this GX.
Old 13 Jun 2023, 22:10 (Ref:4163599)   #532
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfaholic View Post
Are they saving money for the parent company by taking an old Toyota Landcruiser, re-badging it and giving it a couple of new panels and a paint job? (especially from the rear 3/4 shot)
Old 15 Jun 2023, 11:43 (Ref:4163833)   #533
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfaholic View Post
Well it's worked for the last almost 20 years, why change now
Old 15 Jun 2023, 12:53 (Ref:4163851)   #534
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Well it's worked for the last almost 20 years, why change now
Exactly (although since 1995 with the LX so almost 30 years ). In terms of Crossovers / SUVs:

LBX = Yaris Cross
NX = Rav4 / Harrier
RX = Highlander
RZ = bZ4X
TX = Grand Highlander
UX = C-HR / Corolla Cross
GX = Land Cruiser Prado
LX = Land Cruiser
Old 16 Jun 2023, 18:51 (Ref:4164045)   #535
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
And Mistsu still not using Pajero to name a model in your area…
Old 29 Jun 2023, 16:26 (Ref:4165848)   #536
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Toyota C-HR

4.36 m long

138-200 hp hybrid engines
223 hp plugin hybrid engine

Old 19 Jul 2023, 17:08 (Ref:4169100)   #537
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
Hyundai Santa Fe

The rear end is awful.
Old 19 Jul 2023, 17:50 (Ref:4169103)   #538
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
LOL
Old 19 Jul 2023, 20:36 (Ref:4169116)   #539
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Good Lord, looks like they're trying to make the new Pathfinder but with Legos
Old 20 Jul 2023, 16:10 (Ref:4169198)   #540
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The one thing I’d say in favour of the back end, is that it’s a full width hatch.

Admittedly that’s about the only positive I can come up with
Old 20 Jul 2023, 16:15 (Ref:4169200)   #541
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
My thought at first glance. Then remembered my Q7 when the hatch was open.
Old 20 Jul 2023, 21:32 (Ref:4169231)   #542
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
My thought at first glance. Then remembered my Q7 when the hatch was open.
I do NOT like the current VAG rear hatch layout. We have an Atlas and it looks to be the same layout. HATE all the crap that falls in the gaps and you can't clean it out well, and we have a crap load of pollen and multiple seasons of it a year
Old 24 Jul 2023, 07:27 (Ref:4169651)   #543
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
I do NOT like the current VAG rear hatch layout. We have an Atlas and it looks to be the same layout. HATE all the crap that falls in the gaps and you can't clean it out well, and we have a crap load of pollen and multiple seasons of it a year
You WON'T like some other Audi models in this aspect!
Old 25 Jul 2023, 20:43 (Ref:4169938)   #544
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Oh my city issued Ford Escape is even worse and I curse it everytime pollen drops in there and catches dirt. If I find a car designer who was involved there I'm siccing every little kid to kid him in the shins repeatedly
Old 26 Jul 2023, 17:31 (Ref:4170040)   #545
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Ford Escape and Mazda Tribute are not sold here, but the Ford Kuga could be more or less the same. Having owned more than one Ford over the years I wonder how they manage to have such a poor and complicated sat-nav system! Really not user firendly, not mentioning the voice command requiring a tough accent. May be the same team works on the ECU's…
Old 26 Jul 2023, 18:44 (Ref:4170049)   #546
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Ford Escape and Mazda Tribute are not sold here, but the Ford Kuga could be more or less the same. Having owned more than one Ford over the years I wonder how they manage to have such a poor and complicated sat-nav system! Really not user firendly, not mentioning the voice command requiring a tough accent. May be the same team works on the ECU's…
Microsoft, and dear ALL car companies, stop running the HVAC through the infotainment system so I'm boiling while it takes it sweet time to boot, check all audio sources, update and then think, hmmmm 97 degrees out there maybe we'll turn on the fans now.
Old 27 Jul 2023, 07:15 (Ref:4170089)   #547
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Boiling, puzzling and irritating. Even the last generation of Fords sold here gives you an idea of what human stupidity can be when applied to the sat-nav. It takes ages to load the first page, then other pages and you sometimes have to make a search via the street name first the request from the town name giving no result at all. Great temptation to use the cell phone, which you're not allowed to do when driving. Modern, huh? And the management of what they call "unburned gazes" leads to strange effects like the engine revving up alone. My carburetted '74 Capri deos better!
Old 27 Jul 2023, 07:42 (Ref:4170092)   #548
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I don't see it too complicated. Sat Nav tech is still being perfected. At least it works once it gets going. It's safer than using the phone and easier than using a map. Although the glitches can be annoying. Bit different when we had simple tech in cars
Old 27 Jul 2023, 08:10 (Ref:4170104)   #549
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Microsoft, and dear ALL car companies, stop running the HVAC through the infotainment system so I'm boiling while it takes it sweet time to boot, check all audio sources, update and then think, hmmmm 97 degrees out there maybe we'll turn on the fans now.

The logic of placing so many controls on to the SatNav system just beats me. How is it that it is against the law to touch our mobile whilst driving, yet the law appears to permit the car manufacturers to have the controls for the heating, etc. on a touch screen which must surely require the driver to pay more attention to what his fingers are doing than purely concentrating on driving.

As I say, it defies logic having watched my son doing exactly that whilst driving his fairly new Range Rover.
Old 27 Jul 2023, 08:36 (Ref:4170107)   #550
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
As I say, it defies logic having watched my son doing exactly that whilst driving his fairly new Range Rover.
+1. Now 10" screens are common and carmakers do promote the Apple CarPlay app. From Tesla to a single 208 we are much encouraged to play during driving. And when the voice control is crazy (Pug/Citroën,Ford and many other brands sold on our domestic market) it does not improve safety at all.

Talking about the voice control, I wonder how it's developped. Mazda originally in japanese then translated in english, then in french, then in german? I'll try to use Google translate to talk to my car next time.