The Kovister 0 0%
d'Ambrosio 0 0%
Other 0 0%
Voters: 98. You may not vote on this poll

Old 8 May 2011, 17:18 (Ref:2876927)   #26
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer View Post
Is it normally a public poll? This time it is and that may be why.
I always did it as public...

There's always someone saying : "Who voted for... ?"
Old 8 May 2011, 17:19 (Ref:2876928)   #27
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by stripedcat View Post
I think I'll give Button third place. Yes okay, his strategy didn't quite work out. However, he did some pretty good racing with Massa and co, plus his team mate(even though Lewis got the jump on him in the end). Both McLarens should have saved a set of tyres yesterday.
I feel sorry for Button. He was obviously quite annoyed in that interview about being called in for those tyre stops, when he said his tyres were still good.
Old 8 May 2011, 17:27 (Ref:2876935)   #28
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
No idea why people are voting for Kobayashi.

He had the most sets of new tyres. He got himself a good start and upto 10th before the 1st stop and got the hard tyres out of the way in the first stint.

Considering this, he should've done much better and gotten a better result.
Old 8 May 2011, 17:58 (Ref:2876949)   #29
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi View Post
I always did it as public...

There's always someone saying : "Who voted for... ?"
That was usually me before I realised you clicked the blue number to see who had voted for them.
Old 8 May 2011, 18:14 (Ref:2876958)   #30
Andy77
Veteran

Andy77 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Gave it to Kobayashi. Honourable mention of Nick Heidfeld who beat his team mate Petrov in the last few laps away from all cameras
Old 8 May 2011, 18:15 (Ref:2876959)   #31
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer View Post
Is it normally a public poll? This time it is and that may be why.
Early doors. Australia is just waking up.
Old 8 May 2011, 21:55 (Ref:2877084)   #32
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Vettel. Made life difficult for himself on Friday, then stunning on Saturday and drove off into the sunset on Sunday. Who knows how fast he could have gone if anyone could have challenged him.

Honourable Mentions:
Alonso. Didn't put a wheel wrong.
Button. Some very nifty race-craft.
Rosberg. Excellent race with a car that was bottoming horribly with a heavy fuel load.

Wish List:
I wish Vettel would stop dropping meaningless "Yeah"s into his interviews.
I wish the Beeb would miss out the silly radio conversation between SV and Christian Horner on the slowing down lap.
I wish Vettel was a bit slower so someone could make him race for his wins.
Old 8 May 2011, 22:14 (Ref:2877093)   #33
gregc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bedford
gregc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgregc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapezeArtist View Post
I wish the Beeb would miss out the silly radio conversation between SV and Christian Horner on the slowing down lap.
Small point of order - that's got nothing to do with the beeb. That's from the world feed, which I'm pretty certain they are obliged to show until the end of the podium ceremony
Old 8 May 2011, 22:31 (Ref:2877101)   #34
Peralta
Veteran

Mexico
Guadalajara Jalisco
Peralta is a back marker
Buemi for me. Midfield car up to 9th. Kobayashi gets a mention as well inthe points from last row despite a puncture in the middle of the race. Could have got 7th
Old 8 May 2011, 22:40 (Ref:2877103)   #35
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapezeArtist View Post
They used to do the same back in the Schumacher/Ferrari days, but annoyingly that would be the only time we'd hear from Schumacher or Ferrari all race!

As oppossed to wishing Vettel was slower, surely it's better to wish the rest were faster!
Old 8 May 2011, 23:58 (Ref:2877128)   #36
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Hard to split Vettel and Alonso. I prefer Vettel to Alonso, so vote goes to Vettel
Old 8 May 2011, 23:59 (Ref:2877129)   #37
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
These DOTR things are going to be non-events with Seb Vettel this season, he's so clearly the best!

But in the name of entertainment, I'm voting Kobayashi. Words can't describe how much I love this guy! Every Gran Prix, we cut away to a replay of Koby doing something to somebody.

Hope he gets a big drive one day.
Old 9 May 2011, 01:05 (Ref:2877147)   #38
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Having voted for Alonso for the reasons mentioned, it's worth giving a mention to some others.

Vettel seems to be in a class of his own at the moment and I don't see that changing.

I felt sorry for Button and thought he deserved better. His dice with Hamilton was an example of how it should be done and so, especially, was his pass on Massa. I don't know if it was him or or the team (suspect the team) but his tyres stops were badly timed. 13 laps, 26 and 39 leaving a big stint on the last set, so no wonder the performance dropped off. 13 was about right, but as the fuel load decreased they could have gone to 28 and, say, 43 to make the three stop strategy work. Jenson himself said his tyres were still fine when he was called in to stop on the second and third occasions.

If you're going to call Heikki the Kovister (where did that one come from?) you may as well call Kobayashi the Kowboy.
Old 9 May 2011, 02:31 (Ref:2877174)   #39
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
But in the name of entertainment, I'm voting Kobayashi. Words can't describe how much I love this guy! Every Gran Prix, we cut away to a replay of Koby doing something to somebody.

Hope he gets a big drive one day.
Thats why I voted for him especially where he finished from the back of the grid.
Old 9 May 2011, 04:41 (Ref:2877191)   #40
dsg
Veteran

Thailand
Chonburi
dsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Early doors. Australia is just waking up.
It finished at 10 in the west and midnight in the east. Not exactly the wee small hours.
Old 9 May 2011, 08:18 (Ref:2877263)   #41
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
The Vettronome.
Old 9 May 2011, 09:56 (Ref:2877307)   #42
JamesH
Veteran

United Kingdom
Christchurch, Cambs, UK
JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!
Although Vettel was very good (but then, he is one of the best drivers in by far the best car, so that's sort of to be expected), I went for Alonso (and I am not an FA fan at all).

Thought he drove a really good race, in a car that wasn't expected to be there.

Thought KK should probably have done a little better given his available tyres - but did I see a comment about a puncture?
Locost #54 Boldly Leaping where no car has gone before. And then being T-boned. Damn.
Survivor of the 2008 2CV 24h!! 2 engines, one accident, 76mph and rain.
Old 9 May 2011, 10:01 (Ref:2877311)   #43
pauln
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bedfordshire
pauln should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridpauln should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
For me Kobayashi - from the last place on the grid to score points and without any of the "bashi"-ness (at least that the TV cameras picked up).
Old 10 May 2011, 00:16 (Ref:2877832)   #44
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
I had to give this to Alonso, he is a power house in a car that is not really up to the task at the moment...
Old 10 May 2011, 02:59 (Ref:2877859)   #45
Neil22
Veteran

United States
Nor Cal
Neil22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kobayashi for me, but Vettel is absolutely the Top Dog.
Old 10 May 2011, 15:13 (Ref:2878157)   #46
52Paddy
Racer

Ireland
Ireland
52Paddy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Vettel for me. He really demonstrated his strength and his "cut above the rest" last weekend. It's the first time I've actually considered that this could be a formality for the rest of the season but I won't jump the gun at this early stage.

Alonso raced well in a car that isn't on par with the Red Bull and both McLarens provided entertainment. Button actually drove a decent race up until the final stint so it's a shame that his strategy put paid to a better result. I must give a nod to the Renault drivers who both got points finishes. About Kobayashi, there is no doubt that he had a very successful Turkish GP and that performance is worth considering. But he wasn't his usual "banzai" self. He seemed to just quietly get the job done, not that that is a problem, though it was a little disappointing when you're used to the antics he usually provides
Old 10 May 2011, 16:36 (Ref:2878211)   #47
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Frankly I think it can only be Vettel this weekend.

I pray to god that Ferrari, McLaren, anyone can get on top of their cars. That or arrange the assassination of Newey or something.
Old 10 May 2011, 17:04 (Ref:2878247)   #48
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
vettel never really put a foot wrong so had to give it to him
Old 10 May 2011, 22:12 (Ref:2878453)   #49
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy View Post
Frankly I think it can only be Vettel this weekend.

I pray to god that Ferrari, McLaren, anyone can get on top of their cars. That or arrange the assassination of Newey or something.
Indeed.
Old 11 May 2011, 02:03 (Ref:2878514)   #50
sventhedog
Rookie

sventhedog should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
teflonso!