Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 15 May 2011, 08:52 (Ref:2880508)   #1
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
A GP in Austria?

Bernie seems to be everywhere these days! He's being eyeing up the new track at Spielberg built by Red Bull boss, Dietrich Mateschitz. A home GP for Red Bull?

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/91404
Old 15 May 2011, 09:03 (Ref:2880515)   #2
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Can't we just go to A1 Ring? Loved that place.
Old 15 May 2011, 09:09 (Ref:2880519)   #3
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The thread that has been discussing the potential return in trackside is here: http://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=124895
Old 15 May 2011, 09:38 (Ref:2880531)   #4
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy View Post
Can't we just go to A1 Ring? Loved that place.
No.

Old 15 May 2011, 09:39 (Ref:2880532)   #5
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
I'm so confused...

The Red Bull Ring IS the A1 ring, just renamed, surely?

Selby
Old 15 May 2011, 09:41 (Ref:2880533)   #6
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yes.
Old 15 May 2011, 09:45 (Ref:2880536)   #7
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
We can't go back to the 'A1' ring.
Old 15 May 2011, 09:47 (Ref:2880538)   #8
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
I'm with you

Selby
Old 15 May 2011, 11:38 (Ref:2880570)   #9
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
City of Glasgow, Scotland, UK
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd love to see then go back there. What happened to that extension that was going to be built? Doesn't seem to be there.
Old 15 May 2011, 13:40 (Ref:2880624)   #10
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickyf1 View Post
I'd love to see then go back there. What happened to that extension that was going to be built? Doesn't seem to be there.
The picture above shows the old A1 Ring pits being demolished. There's a brand new pit complex there now.

See this thread: http://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=124895
Old 15 May 2011, 23:22 (Ref:2880844)   #11
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
So is it the exact same layout as A1 then?
Old 15 May 2011, 23:46 (Ref:2880855)   #12
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Last time I heard about the A1 Ring it had a big hole in the middle of pit straight which fits in with what Im seeing here. Anyone know when work is scheduled to be finished?

Would love to see a gp back there.
Old 16 May 2011, 09:48 (Ref:2880972)   #13
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy View Post
So is it the exact same layout as A1 then?
The picture in the Autosport link suggests it's the same, but it may be an old piccy? That said, the start/finish straight in the pic looks like a new surface, so that may supersede Marbot's "dug up" pic ?
Old 16 May 2011, 10:18 (Ref:2880985)   #14
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr V View Post
The picture in the Autosport link suggests it's the same, but it may be an old piccy? That said, the start/finish straight in the pic looks like a new surface, so that may supersede Marbot's "dug up" pic ?
My pic is of the old A1 ring pit complex being demolished (note rubble on painted markings and weeds growing up through barriers). There is now a brand new pit complex there and the track layout is the same. DTM will race there on the 5th of next month.
Old 16 May 2011, 10:56 (Ref:2880994)   #15
Andy77
Veteran

Andy77 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
My pic is of the old A1 ring pit complex being demolished (note rubble on painted markings and weeds growing up through barriers). There is now a brand new pit complex there and the track layout is the same. DTM will race there on the 5th of next month.
I was hoping that the full old Österreichring layout would have been revived . Oh well
Old 16 May 2011, 11:07 (Ref:2880996)   #16
mattt
Veteran

England
Cambridge
mattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I had read that it was a combination of the old circuit and the A1 ring, it was mentioned in the other thread linked to earlier
Old 16 May 2011, 12:25 (Ref:2881024)   #17
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattt View Post
I had read that it was a combination of the old circuit and the A1 ring, it was mentioned in the other thread linked to earlier
It looks the same as the previous A1 ring to me.

http://www.dtm.com/rennen.php?rennen=2011-06-05
Old 16 May 2011, 12:38 (Ref:2881029)   #18
Andy77
Veteran

Andy77 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The old and new A1-Ring which is a shortcut of the old Österreichring basically. I have seen overhead pictures of the renewed Österreichring and the main changes are mainly the new pit complex as well as two short cuts. A1-Ring

However, the full old Österreichring can be seen at Österreichring

And a nice overlay to be found at Österreichring-A1Ring-Overlay
Old 16 May 2011, 14:14 (Ref:2881057)   #19
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
For a bit of fun I come up with a little 'dream comprimise'

Just a slightly improved (in my opinion..) version of the layout they were looking for a year or two ago:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Selby
Old 16 May 2011, 15:11 (Ref:2881076)   #20
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The original plans I saw involved going up the straight after turn 1, then turning hairpin left into a long right hander onto the old circuit, the a similar type transition back onto the straight before turn 2, which would lengthen the track quite a bit. Perhaps they will be doing that next.
Old 16 May 2011, 15:13 (Ref:2881077)   #21
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland

Like that.
Old 16 May 2011, 15:17 (Ref:2881079)   #22
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
Onboard in an Alfa Giulia
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2eEu...eature=related
Old 16 May 2011, 17:29 (Ref:2881128)   #23
GolddustMini
Veteran

GolddustMini should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Old circuit layout or not i dont really care, id love to see this track back on the calander, its got a number of things going for it

beautiful scenery
not a bad track given that it is tilke.com
the camera shots were absolutely mega that they used to use at the A1 ring
it seemed to provide ok races whcih is more than can be said of the likes of bahrain and valencia
Old 16 May 2011, 18:45 (Ref:2881161)   #24
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
I'd make it alternate with Hungary and/or Turkey.
Old 17 May 2011, 00:53 (Ref:2881379)   #25
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Yes and while we are about it, we would like a race back in France please..