Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 17 May 2011, 18:25 (Ref:2881761)   #1
Paulaweybridge
Veteran

United Kingdom
Paulaweybridge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPaulaweybridge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Interesting version of the F1 theme (The Chain)

I really like Florence + The Machine playing it at the Glastonbury Festival last year.

The build up to "the classic part" is great as well as the extra few notes squeezed into the bass line.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-IJYYrixqaI

Enjoy ...
Old 17 May 2011, 22:12 (Ref:2881879)   #2
bravo
Racer

England
North East England
bravo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Florence is.... very confident in her legs.
Old 17 May 2011, 23:15 (Ref:2881901)   #3
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Thanks for the link but I'm not a fan: her voice is overpowering and the notes just sound plain wrong. It doesn't have any of the potency either.
Old 18 May 2011, 14:22 (Ref:2882156)   #4
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
She sounds very flat and uninspiring tbh.

Never heard of them, either.
Old 18 May 2011, 14:27 (Ref:2882158)   #5
beau1
Veteran

Wales
Swansea,Wales
beau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbeau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbeau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I don't think it's a bad version but she received a huge slagging off from the Festival crowds last year for performing this.
Old 18 May 2011, 17:19 (Ref:2882227)   #6
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by beau1 View Post
I don't think it's a bad version but she received a huge slagging off from the Festival crowds last year for performing this.

Most of the crowd shown in that clip seem to be enjoying it......tho I agree Florence's voice sounded a bit "off".....still a powerful bit of music
Old 18 May 2011, 17:51 (Ref:2882236)   #7
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancsbreaker View Post
Most of the crowd shown in that clip seem to be enjoying it......tho I agree Florence's voice sounded a bit "off".....still a powerful bit of music
Her voice always sounds off although I like most of her other stuff, her legs are nice as well.
To quote my wife, "She's mullered that hasn't she"
Old 18 May 2011, 17:52 (Ref:2882237)   #8
beau1
Veteran

Wales
Swansea,Wales
beau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbeau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbeau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yeah, those in the crowd are enjoying it sure. But she didn't have a great reaction on the internet forums last year after Glasto.
Old 18 May 2011, 17:59 (Ref:2882243)   #9
GolddustMini
Veteran

GolddustMini should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
its just erm, not very good, cant say im keen on her voice, it works ok on the massive attack cover she did but it just doesnt work on this. why hold a note when you can wail the hell out of it
Old 18 May 2011, 23:16 (Ref:2882391)   #10
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It left me completely cold. If that had been the original, the Beeb would never have chosen it as the F1 Theme.
Old 18 May 2011, 23:53 (Ref:2882407)   #11
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by beau1 View Post
But she didn't have a great reaction on the internet forums last year.
She'll be really upset about that I am sure!
Old 19 May 2011, 00:03 (Ref:2882409)   #12
beau1
Veteran

Wales
Swansea,Wales
Yeap. What would be the point of forums if we couldn't insult people?
Old 19 May 2011, 06:21 (Ref:2882464)   #13
Rob29
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire,UK
Rob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Actually about the only new artiste of the past 10 years that I actaully liked when I first saw her on TV! Will have to check this link-think I saw her performing at Glasonbury,but this must have been previous year.
Old 19 May 2011, 07:37 (Ref:2882492)   #14
Paulaweybridge
Veteran

United Kingdom
Paulaweybridge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPaulaweybridge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
OK then, interesting comments.

Here's the original Fleetwood Mac version live in 1987 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBWp6...eature=related

and in the studio http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcawn...eature=related

Simply awesome
Old 19 May 2011, 08:54 (Ref:2882515)   #15
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Thanks for sharing and all that, but really......
Vocally, possibly the worst rendition I have ever heard of the Chain.
Had to turn the sound off after less than a minute for fear of making my ears bleed.....

.... though I kept the vision running. (Her legs are better than her voice. )

I did click the mute off when I saw her mouth was shut and the bassline start. That was actually quite pleasant.

But the vocals killed it. Stevie Nicks she (Florence) ain't.....

My opinion.
Old 19 May 2011, 11:12 (Ref:2882556)   #16
Joe Taylor
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warwickshire, UK
Joe Taylor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Still, could be worse: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dlhoxrQpRQ
Old 19 May 2011, 16:33 (Ref:2882716)   #17
Paulaweybridge
Veteran

United Kingdom
Thanks for sharing Joe.

Yep Eddie Jordan is a good drummer and many other things too.
Old 19 May 2011, 17:29 (Ref:2882734)   #18
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Florence and The Machine; what a load of mediocre rubbish.
Old 19 May 2011, 18:32 (Ref:2882776)   #19
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Nothing comes close to the "proper" Fleetwood Mac studio version. Not even their live version which just goes to show that "production" need not be a dirty word.
Old 20 May 2011, 12:03 (Ref:2883079)   #20
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Oh shush she's great.

I don't like her Chain rendition though.

Went to see her final date on the Lungs tour, was great. I find she is better properly live than on TV, her shows don't really work on TV. I think that is true for many artists.